The Man With The Lonely Eyes (IC)

Miss Americana worked quickly and surely, rerouting damaged pathways, jury-rigging patches to replace parts that were unavailable, and generally doing whatever was necessary to salvage the function of the sophisticated robot. Rather than putting Victory under general anesthetic and losing his input, she administered a nerve block and turned off the network of synthetic nervous tissue that provided sensation from his robotic exoskeleton. With him feeling no pain, she was able to harvest what she needed, though she tried to be extremely sparing. After several hours of very tricky work, she stepped back and stretched, a sight that was hard not to appreciate. "All right," she finally said, "he needs a lot more work, but that's a patch job."

The Patriot himself spoke his thanks, telling Miss Americana in a somewhat tinny voice. "I appreciate the assistance, Miss Americana. You've done sigil work today on this old man." He coughed and patted his chest a little, then added, "I'll take a well-done patch job over no job at all. You have my thanks, and the thanks of AEGIS as well." He shook her hand, his grip a little clammy: no surprise, since so much of his internal fluid reservoirs needed to be repaired and replenished when he was back in his regular holding facility.

To Victory, when that worthy was awake (if numb in a great many places!), he said, "Thank you for your assistance, Agent Victory. You've sacrificed your own flesh and blood, metal and polymer it might have been, for me. That's not a favor I'll soon forget," he said, giving the younger man a level look. "You're already one of our top agents, but after this I'll remember you're one of our top people as well." He had a brief exchange with Sharl, but the latter was doing his best to stay out of the way.

When the operation was finished, Victory carefully starts to get up, being careful not to move too fast in his slightly-numbed state. The fact that he wasn't exactly sure how the used parts were going to affect his overall performance certainly made his wary of trying to move too broadly, as well. But he stood, with a smile on his face, seeing that the patch-up worked out just fine.

Even if it was an android replica, he was still getting the chance to speak with the Patriot himself! And being thanked by him, at that! He did his best to keep his professional face on, but his smile was just a bit more broad that he was trying for. Even now, it's hard for him not to be a little giddy at such times.

"Think nothing of it, sir. All I did was be a box of parts, after all. And really, what's a few scraps of metal compared with helping the Patriot get back on his feet?"

Victory puts his right hand,the flesh-and-blood one, out, to have a chance to shake hands with one of the heroes he's always hoped he'd get a chance to meet. Even in android form.

"You're quite welcome," Miss Americana said briskly, moving to put her tools away. She left Victory to talk with The Patriot, not terribly interested in doing so herself. The official record of the Patriot's service in the Freedom League was clean and sterling, but there were enough shadows and whispers for her to doubt the veracity of the official record. Any government-backed hero during the McCarthy era had to have had a lot of pressure on him, if nothing else, and who knew what that had done to the Patriot? She wouldn't judge vocally, but a girl was entitled to her own opinions. The fact that his personality had apparently been uploaded to a robot was fascinating and germane to her own work, but she highly doubted AEGIS would share that research, grateful or no.