Reflex: +14 (+7 Dex, +7), Evasion 2

Will: +9 (+3 Wis, +6)

Skills: 100R = 25PP

Acrobatics 15 (+21)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Drive 5 (+11)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 9 (+10)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 9 (+10)

Language 2 (1 Native, Plus 2 others)

Notice 7 (+10)

Sense Motive 7 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+21)

Stealth 15 (+21)

Feats: 47 PP

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (Melee) 5

Challenge (Acrobatic Bluff as a Move Action)

Dazing Attack

Defensive Attack

Defensive Strike

Defensive Throw

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Equipment 2

Favored Opponent (Ninjas)

Fearless

Follow up Strike

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Critical (unarmed) 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Luck 3

Move-By Action

Paralyzing Attack

Power Attack

Redirect

Set Up

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Uncanny Dodge (visual, auditory) 2

Equipment 2 Ranks - 10 EP

Commlink [1EP]

Motorcycle [9EP]

Powers: 00pp = 00PP

Drawbacks: (-0) = -0PP

Abilities (54) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (25) + Feats (47) + Powers (00) - Drawbacks (00) = 190/190 Power Points

So more punching. At PL 12, this martial artist has hit what I consider to be the cap for normal human characters in comic books. In my head cannon, realistic characters are PL 8, and can only hit PL 9 in very specific circumstances, ie: Muhammed Ali while in a boxing match.  But seeing as how Martial Artist character can very conceivably run up against demons, monsters and robots on the regular, they get kicked up a notch. 

With this interation, I started digging more heavily into the splat books for their Feat selection.  Martial Artists get to the point where they just start stringing feats together into one massive combo, which I feel is appropriate. 

Example:  An foe attacks you in melee and misses.  With Defensive Throw, you can immediately make a Trip Attack against them.  Defensive Strike provides a +4 bonus on this attack roll, Improved Trip provides a +4 on the actual Trip attempt itself, while Improved Throw means that the opponent opposes with the lesser of their Strength or Dexterity.  Chain that with some full Defensive/Power Attack on the next round to finish them off, using Improved Grab to restrain them if need be, keeping in mind that Grappling Finesse will keep you with your full Defense Score. 

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gallery_432_24_35419.jpg

Martial Artist – PL 13 (210pp)

Abilities: 14 + 14 + 14 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 54PP

Strength: 24/ 26  (+7/+8) 

Dexterity: 24/26 (+7/+8)

Constitution: 24/26 (+7/+8)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Wisdom: 16 (+3)

Charisma: 14 (+2)

Combat: 24 + 24 = 48PP

Initiative: +15/+16

Attack: +12, +18 Melee

Grapple: +25/+27

Defense: +18 (+12 Base, +6 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3/-4 with Powers

Saving Throws: 3 + 7 + 6 = 16PP

Toughness: +7/+8 (+7/+8 Con)

Fortitude: +10/+11 (+7/+8 Con, +3)

Reflex: +14/+15 (+7/+8 Dex, +7), Evasion 2

Will: +9 (+3 Wis, +6)

Skills: 120R = 30PP

Acrobatics 15 (+22/+23)

Diplomacy 12 (+14)

Drive 9 (+16/+17)

Intimidate 12 (+14)

Knowledge (arcane lore) 9 (+10)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 9 (+10)

Language 2 (1 Native, Plus 2 others)

Notice 11 (+14)

Sense Motive 11 (+14)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+22/+23)

Stealth 15 (+22/+23)

Feats: 49 PP

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (Melee) 6

Challenge (Acrobatic Bluff as a Move Action)

Dazing Attack

Defensive Attack

Defensive Strike

Defensive Throw

Dodge Focus 6

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Equipment 2

Favored Opponent (Ninjas)

Fearless

Follow up Strike

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Luck 3

Move-By Action

Paralyzing Attack

Power Attack

Redirect

Set Up

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Equipment 2 Ranks - 10 EP

Commlink [1EP]

Motorcycle [9EP]

Powers: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 13PP

Enhanced Strength 2 [2pp]

Enhanced Constitution 2 [2pp]

Enhanced Dexterity 2 [2pp]

Speed 1 [1pp]

Leaping 1 (x2 distance) [1pp]

Super-Strength 1 [2pp]

Unarmed Supremacy 3 [3pp]

Abilities (54) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (30) + Feats (49) + Powers (13) - Drawbacks (00) = 210/210 Power Points

After a bit of a hiatus, I figured I'd at least round out the last series of builds I'd left hanging. So, in my own personal head cannon, the difference between PL 12 and PL 13 is what sets apart maximum human capability and those who have begun to transcend those limitations. That means you're going to start seeing some low key powers crop up in this set of builds. Like, even in comic book land, you can't claim to be a normal person, and also be PL 13, Karate Kid I'm looking at you. To that end, I gave this newest variation a bit of low level powers that pretty much just bump up normal human abilities to the low end of the super-human spectrum. With their +18 attack bonus and Unarmed Supremacy 3, they essentially can never roll lower than a 21 on basic attack roll, meaning they can punch anyone with a +11 Defense bonus or lower in the face any time they want, which is everyone that's not wearing brightly colored spandex and most of the people who are. Nothing too much else to say about this version, you're just better across the board.

Edited by Geez3r
  • 4 weeks later...

Blockbuster Primer 1

So I've actually had this idea cooking for a while, and once I saw the recent campaign discussion thread, I decided to "get on with it" as the kids say.  So here's my Blockbuster idea.  I'm not sure if it's what people are looking for, but I'm going to throw it out there just for kicks. 

I had this idea for a collection of builds I'm going to refer to as Blockbusters. A common theme that runs around in the community here is that once you reach the higher PL's, there really isn't any true challenge for your characters out there. Most of the NPCs are under PL 12. And it kind of breaks suspension of disbelief your characters run into the same handful of bad guys over and over again because they're the only ones who can challenge them in a straight up fight.

So basically I want to make a collection of characters whose job it is to fill in the higher echelons of power to give the PC's something big and stompy to fight. The way I figure it, is that towards the end of career, Centurion was a PL 16 Paragon. Either he roflstopped everything out there, or someone out there could have given him a good run for his money.

With that in mind, I will be making these builds with the express intention of being able to go toe to toe with high end PC's or a team of slightly lower PL PC's. In doing so, I will ratchet up the power gaming, bend more than a few rules, and I may just flat out break some of them.  For all intents and purposes, I am making boss style characters.  They might not be the most interesting, or have engaging story hooks.  These guys are here to be the ones you square off against when you want to start brawling.  I'll give these characters some token backstory and the like so you can kind of see what makes them tick. 

Before I get into the builds proper, I want to note that I'm going to be making 3 tiers of blockbusters. Orange, Red and Black.

Orange tier characters are what amounts to a mini boss. They are designed with certain exploits, tend to the lower level of PL (at least in comparison to some of the other builds I'll be tossing out), and there are likely more than one of them knocking about. A well coordinated team effort can bring down an Orange Tier Blockbuster without too much difficulty. I would place T-Wrecks in this category. He's kind of a one trick pony. He doesn't have any regeneration, can't fly, and has no real tactics other than to shoot everything until it stops moving. And the scary bit is that if whoever made him can probably make another. Orange tier Blockbusters are generally PL 14-15, and usually less than 300pp.

Red Blockbusters are the next tier up. They are built to be quite a bit stronger, and generally don't have any glaring weaknesses. They won't have an answer to every tactic, but the direct approach probably won't work, likewise with trying to take them on yourself. Lastly, this tier will likely only have 1 or 2 of a given build knocking about at a time. They represent serious threats to entire super-teams, but don't necessarily threaten life as we know it simply by their existence. Dr. Doom for instance would fall into this category in most instances. These characters are generally PL 16 – 18, and usually less than 500pp.

Black Blockbusters are the highest tier, and are not to be trifled with and are threats to entire galaxies if not entire universes. Someone will die when you fight a Black Tier Blockbuster. Beyond their own scope of power, members of the Black list likely have members of the Orange and Red lists as lackeys and servants. The cannonical Black Tier Blockbuster is of course Omega. Black tier Blockbusters are basically a PL X character that can technically be defeated in a hypothetical scenario, which is why you bothered to stat them in the first place. They are PL 19-20, and have no budget on power points.

gallery_432_24_141246.jpg

Red Tier Blockbuster: Helixa – Queen of the Stars - PL 17 (425pp)

“It is better to be beneath the notice of a god, rather than beneath their heel.â€

Abilities: 10 + 10 + 10 + 8 + 12 + 14 = 64PP

Strength: 20/40 (+5/+15)

Dexterity: 20 (+5)

Constitution: 20/40 (+5/+15)

Intelligence: 18 (+4)

Wisdom: 22 (+6)

Charisma: 24/40 (+7/+15)

Combat: 30 + 28 = 58PP

Initiative: +21

Attack: +15, +19 Unarmed

Grapple: +20, +34 w/powers, +42 at full Super-Strength

Defense: +14 (+14 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +7 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2/-16 with Powers

Saving Throws: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13PP

Toughness: +5/+20 (+5/+15 Con, +5 Protection) Impervious 12

Fortitude: +8/+18 (+5/+15 Con, +3)

Reflex: +9 (+5 Dex, +4)

Will: +12 (+6 Wis, +6)

Skills: 100R = 25PP

Acrobatics 10 (+15)

Bluff 5 (+20, +24 w/ Attractive)

Concentration 19 (+25)

Diplomacy 5 (+20, +24 w/ Attractive)

Intimidate 15 (+30)

Knowledge (Cosmology) 11 (+15)

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 11 (+15)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 6 (+10)

Notice 14 (+20)

Sense Motive 14 (+20)

Feats: 25 PP

All Out Attack

Attack Specialization (unarmed) 2

Attractive

Dazing Attack

Distract (Intimidate)

Favored Environment (In Space)

Fearless

Follow up Strike

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 4

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Skill Mastery

Startle 2

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Powers: 20 + 20 + 16 + 17 + 11 + 19 + 7 + 31 + 6 + 93 = 240PP

Enhanced Strength 20 [20pp]

Enhanced Constitution 20 [20pp]

Enhanced Charisma 16 [16pp]

Protection 5 Extras: Impervious Toughness 12 [17pp]

Super-Strength 4 Power Feats: Shockwave, Strike of Valor, Counter punching [11pp]

Flight 8 Power Feats: Dynamic [19pp]

* DAP: Super-Strength 8

Space Flight 7 [7pp]

Immunity 31 (Life Support, All Radiation Effects, All Heat Effects, Aging, Starvation and Thirst, Need for Sleep) [21pp]

Comprehend 3 (Speak & Understand all Languages at once) [6pp]

Super-Nova Array (80pp array, 6 Dynamic AP's) [93pp]

Environmental Control 10 (Extreme Heat, Moderate Irradiation, High Gravity, Daylight; 5,000ft radius) [80pp] – Majesty of a Star

* DAP: Damage 0-17 Extras: Sustained Duration (+2), General Area Burst (85ft radius) {0-68pp} – Corona

* DAP: Damage 0-19 {0-38pp} – Plasma Burst

* DAP: Disintegration 0-16 {0-80pp} – Solar Flare

* DAP: Move Object 0-20 Extras: Perception Ranged {0-60pp} – Gravity Manipulation

* DAP: Move Object 0-17 Extras: Damaging, General Area Burst; Limited: Only to Grapple & crush {0-51pp} – Weight of a Star

* DAP: Create Object 17 Extras: Impervious, Reflective – Melee; Power Feats: Selective, Tether {2-70} – Ion Field

Abilities (64) + Combat (58) + Saving Throws (13) + Skills (25) + Feats (25) + Powers (240) - Drawbacks (00) = 425/425 Power Points

Helixa is a member of an ancient race from one of the far flung reaches of space whose name has been lost to time. Her people possessed technology that granted them near god-like power. They could create entire planets and stars practically on a whim, and much of their race spread out to populate the (at the time) sparcely populated universe. It was not technology that her people created, but rather they had found. It was likely a remnant of the Preservers. Such technology was highly coveted and well protected for if it were to fall into the wrong hands, it would surely doom their race.

The fates seemed to love irony, as Helixa was one of the select few members of her race who was allowed in its presence, but only to guard it, never to use it, when she arguably coveted its power more than any other. When she saw her chance she took the strange device, but in her haste, it was mishandled. The resulting cataclysm shattered her homeworld, rendering it little more than dust, but Helixa was forever changed. The device had infused her with power beyond her wildest imagining, giving her the power of the very stars themselves.

Helixa has wandered the stars looking for a world to rule, as one such as her should never serve. She has conquered many worlds, but eventually left, finding the inhabitants being too droll, or otherwise simply getting bored. She has made her way to Earth, hearing there are those who would even defy Omega and the Terminus. Such people would truly make the most worthy subjects.

And here is my first Red Tier Blockbuster. A her core, Helixa is a brawler. She is arrogant, vain and cruel. She thinks only of her self, and sees no reason why everyone else doesn't cater to her every whim. She fancies herself to be elegant and regal, and she can indeed pull that look off, but a scowl comes so much easier to her than a smile. She is not one for subtlety and will not hesitate to destroy all who would oppose her in an overly dramatic fashion. Not only does she want to rule, she wants to be seen ruling. In her travels, she has rarely encountered anything requiring tactical thinking on her part, so if her first attack does not work, her instinct will be to make the next one more powerful.

Power wise, Helixa is an unexpectedly quick combatant, who never the less still hits like a truck. Her true forte is her cosmic power of the stars, alternating between concentrated blasts of solar energy, and gravity. Her favored tactic is to pummel a target into submission, while letting her Corona run free, incinerating anything that dares to be in her presence. She will mock and demean her opponents, and the only thing that will slow her onslaught is to bask in the sight of her battered enemies groveling before her begging for mercy.

Orange Tier Blockbuster: Mesmero – The Man in Black (PL 15 - 300pp)

gallery_432_24_77004.jpg

“I'm not the type of man who waxes poetic about the multitude of ways I can cause you pain; I just demonstrate.â€

Abilities: 6 + 2 + 10 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 74PP

Strength: 16 (+3)

Dexterity: 12 (+1)

Constitution: 16 (+3)

Intelligence: 30 (+10)

Wisdom: 30 (+10)

Charisma: 30 (+10)

Initiative: +9

Attack: +12

Grapple: +15

Defense: +17 (+12 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3 / -1 Flat-footed

Saving Throws: 4 + 10 + 7 = 21PP

Toughness: +7 (+3 Con, +4 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +7 (+3 Con, +4)

Reflex: +15 (+5 Dex, +10)

Will: +17 (+10 Wis, +7)

Skills: 160R = 40PP

Bluff 15 (+25)

Concentration 10 (+20)

Computers 10 (+20)

Diplomacy 15 (+25)

Disable Device 10 (+20)

Gather Information 15 (+25)

Intimidate 15 (+25)

Investigate 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Business) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Tactics) 15 (+25)

Notice 15 (+25)

Sense Motive 15 (+25)

Feats: 26 PP

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Defensive Roll 2

Dodge Focus 5

Eidetic Memory

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fascinate (Diplomacy)

Fearless

Improved Initiative 2

Inspire 5

Leadership

Masterplan 2

Set Up

Powers: 67 + 15 + 4 + 5 = 91PP

Mental Domination Array [67pp]

BE: Mental Blast 15

AP: Mind Control 15 Extras: Duration (Sustained), Effortless

AP: Paralyze 15 Extras: Range (Perception) (+2)

AP: Drain (Wisdom) 15 Extras: Range (Perception) (+2), Secondary Effect

AP: Mental Transform 15 (Complete Alteration) Extras: Continuous Duration; Flaws: Full Round Action

AP: Illusions 14 (All Senses) Extras: Selective; Flaws: Phantasms; Power Feats: Progression x4 (100ft radius)

AP: Mind Reading 15 Extras: General Area Burst, Effortless, Action

AP: Stun 15 Extras: Range (Perception) (+2)

Communication 6 (Mental, 20 miles) Extras: Area; Power Feats: Rapid, Selective, Subtle [15pp]

Super-Senses 4 (Mental Awareness, Acute, Analytical, Extended x2) [4pp]

Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills) [5pp]

Abilities (74) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (21) + Skills (40) + Feats (26) + Powers (91) - Drawbacks (00) = 300/300 Power Points

Mortimer O'Hare, also known as Mesmero is considered by most governments to be one of the most dangerous criminals on the planet. In most physical respects, he is simply an ordinary human, but he possesses a brilliant mind, supplemented by powerful psionic abilities. The saving grace is that Mesmero only has telepathy, he can't use his powers to physically affect anything at all; a fact that doesn't make his psionic lashes easier to take however.

In contrast to many ego maniacs, Mesmero is often seen as being very calm, cool, collected, and very much aware of his own failings and shortcomings. While he may talk down to his opponents in a fight, he always seem to carry himself above all of it. Knowing full well that he can't do everything alone, Mesmero often surrounds himself with other villains to accomplish a job. To that end, Mesmero is a brilliant tactician, and has been hired just as frequently for his tactical mind as he has been for his psionic mind, giving him extensive connections throughout the underworld. What puts him at the top of most wanted lists however is his ability to completely brainwash those around him, adding yet more troops to his army.

And here we've got another Orange Tier Blockbuster, Mesmero. He sits in stark contrast to many of the other Blockbusters in that he is not super durable. He also has very little attacks that affect a whole area. In a one on one scenario, he may be one of the easiest to defeat Blockbusters I wind up making, depending on how good your Will Save is. But, if you're using Mesmero in such a fashion, either the PC's have done a bang up job of foiling his plans, or you're running him wrong. Mesmero is the man behind the man. With feats like Inspire, Leadership and Master Plan, Mesmero works best in a group. For his flunkies, a handful of generic PL 10 characters can do wonders, but you can also add some extra flare by using someone specific. Generally speaking, when not blostering his allies, Mesmero focuses on spot removal, singling out heroes that are giving his allies trouble. Furthermore, when things turn back, Mesmero is not to proud to admit that he is beaten and go for a tactical withdraw, possibly using some clever illusions to cover their espcape. Or better yet, to split up the heroes, so one of them can be singled out guerrilla warfare style, and brainwashing them into joining his side for good measure so they can come back stronger for round 2.

• 4 weeks later...

The Harvester – Reaper of the Void (PL 16 - 440pp)

gallery_432_24_47471.jpg

“...â€

Abilities: 20 + 20 + 30 + 10 + 10 + 6 = 96PP

Strength: 30 (+10)

Dexterity: 30 (+10)

Constitution: 40 (+15)

Intelligence: 20 (+5)

Wisdom: 20 (+5)

Charisma: 16 (+3)

Initiative: +10

Attack: +12

Grapple: +22, +25 w/ Additional Limbs

Defense: +12 (+12 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -16

Saving Throws: 3 + 0 + 8 = 11PP

Toughness: +20 (+15 Con, +5 Protection) Impervious 12

Fortitude: +18 (+15 Con, +3)

Reflex: +10 (+10 Dex, +0)

Will: +13 (+5 Wis, +8)

Skills: 244R = 61PP

Acrobatics 10 (+20)

Computers 15 (+20)

Craft (chemical) 15 (+20)

Craft (electrical) 15 (+20)

Craft (mechanical) 15 (+20)

Disable Device 15 (+20)

Intimidate 21 (+24)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 20 (+25)

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 10 (+15)

Knowledge (Cosmology) 20 (+25)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 20 (+25)

Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+20)

Medicine 20 (+25)

Notice 15 (+20)

Pilot 8 (+18)

Stealth 10 (+20)

Feats: 29 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Ambidexterity

Artificer

Eidetic Memory

Equipment 15

Fearless

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Move-by Action

Power Attack

Ritualist

Skill Mastery 2 (Listed Knowledge skills and Craft skills)

Equipment – Spaceship [75ep]

Size: Gargantuan [3ep]

Strength: 70 [12ep]

Speed: Space Flight 8 [8ep]

Speed: Flight 8 [16ep]

Toughness: 16 [5ep]

Feature: Navigation System [1ep]

Powers: Blast 15 [30ep]

Powers: 27 + 17 + 7 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 10 + 9 + 17 + 10 + 83 = 195PP

Negrull Template

Regeneration 25 (Bruised 3, Injured 6, Staggered 6, Disabled 8, Resurrection 2) Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth [27pp]

Emotion Control 8 (Both Despair & Fear) Extras: Perception Area (+1); Flaws: Range (Touch) (-2), Permanent Duration (+0); Power Feats: Innate [17pp]

Immunity 7 (Interaction Skills, Sense Motive) [7pp]

Immunity 10 (Mental Effects) Flaws: Limited – Half Effect [5pp]

Super-Movement 3 (Slithering, Wall Crawling 2) [6pp]

Additional Limbs 3 (5 tendrils) PF: Innate [4pp]

Strike 2 PF: Mighty, Improved Critical x2, Penetrating 5 [10pp]

Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9pp]

Protection 5 Extras: Impervious Toughness 12 [17pp]

Flight 5 [10pp]

Negrull Blood Harvester Array [83pp]

Damage 20 Extras: Alternate Save (Fortitude), Vampiric, Ranged [80pp]

* AP: Nauseate 16 Extras: General Area Cone, Poison, Secondary Effect

* AP: Transform 16 (Living Things)

* AP: Damage 16 Extras: Alternate Save (Fortitude), Perception Range (+2)

Abilities (96) + Combat (48) + Saving Throws (11) + Skills (61) + Feats (29) + Powers (195) - Drawbacks (00) = 440/440 Power Points

Little is known about the entity known as the Harvester as it has never spoken or even attempted to communicate with anyone or anything. We know it is an alien from one of the unexplored regions of space that seems to be a collector of some sort. It utilizes some form of magic fueled by biological components, referred to as “blood magicâ€. To that end, it appears to have come to Earth to abduct humans for its grotesque arcane experiments, or maybe even to fuel its magic. Officials have yet to be able to pin down any sort of MO as the Harvester seems to strike completely randomly, targeting random civilians just as much as they target meta-humans. It seems to have no concept of Earth culture or social norms, and shows no interest in learning. By the same token it appears to be incapable of holding a grudge and rarely pursues attackers or those who free its captives.

And this latest Red Tier Blockbuster by request from Ravelled, we overdose on the nightmare fuel. The request was for an alien mage. The original idea was going to be something like a Lobo inspired Blood Mage. But the idea morphed into my head until it became a lovecraftian nightmare with unknowable intentions stalking the world seeing humans as nothing more than sacks of meat for it hunt and main, twisting them to meet its own perverted ends, completely uncaring to any suffering it may cause. This change may or may not have to do anything with the fact that my company is going through its budgeting process. Unless you leave a lot of what this guy does off screen, this guy can quickly blitz past our PG-13 rating, so use with caution.

On the mechanical side of things, they basically have two sets of powers, one for being an alien in some form of power armor (which is purchased as a full trait since it is likely the only thing keeping them alive on this planet), and then the blood magic. A lot of the alien traits were designed to make them feel, well alien. Slithering, additional limbs, and the Immunities denote that they are quite freaky and act in a way totally seperate from humanity. But what really sells it is the Emotion Control which is on permanently. There is something about the Harvester that terrifies the primal portion of everyone's brain. It is the gutteral reaction of “This thing should not be, and it wishes me great harm.†The Blood Magic does some nasty things to people. The Harvester usually opens up with the Nauseate on a crowd before going after whatever happens to its target of the day. It'll use its Damage effects on anything left standing. Rarely does it use its Transform, but when it does, it will usually turn the target into some nightmarish alien creature.

Edited by Geez3r
  • 1 month later...

Orange Tier Blockbusters: Cyborg Slayers - Eighty - Six (PL 14 - 250pp)

“You cannot stop us. â€

gallery_432_24_27127.jpg

Cyborg 06

Abilities: 12 + 0 + 14 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 40PP

Strength: 22/46 (+6/+18)

Dexterity: 10 (+0)

Constitution: 24/34 (+7/+12)

Intelligence: 14 (+2)

Wisdom: 14 (+2)

Combat: 16 + 16 = 32PP

Initiative: +0

Attack: +8, +10 Melee

Grapple: +39

Defense: +10 (+8 Base, +2 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -23

Saving Throws: 3 + 4 + 4 = 11PP

Toughness: +7/+18 (+7/+12 Con, +6 Protection) Impervious 12

Fortitude: +10/+15 (+7/+12 Con, +3)

Reflex: +4 (+0 Dex, +4)

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: 128R = 32PP

Computers 13 (+15)

Craft (electrical) 13 (+15)

Craft (mechanical) 13 (+15)

Demolitions 18 (+20)

Disable Device 13 (+15)

Intimidate 19 (+21)

Knowledge (Technology) 13 (+15)

Notice 13 (+15)

Sense Motive 13 (+15)

Feats: 11 PP

All Out Attack

Attack Focus Melee 2

Dodge Focus 2

Interpose

Power Attack

Startle 2

Takedown Attack 2

Powers: 37 + 10 + 18 + 12 + 2 + 9 + 32 = 120PP

Density 12 Extras: Permanent (+0); Power Feat: Innate [37pp]

+24 Strength

+6 Protection

+6 Impervious Toughness

+4 Immovable

+4 Super-Strength

x25 Mass

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10pp]

Impervious Toughness 6 (Total of 12) Extras: Reflective (Melee) 12 [18pp]

Immovable 4 Extras: Unstoppable 8 (covers ranks from Density) [12pp]

Speed 2 [2pp]

Immunity 9 (Life Support) [9pp]

Super-Strength 7 Power Feats: Haymaker, Shockwave, Counter Punching, Bracing [32pp]

Abilities (40) + Combat (36) + Saving Throws (11) + Skills (32) + Feats (11) + Powers (120) - Drawbacks (00) = 250/250 Power Points

Cyborg 08

“You cannot catch us.â€

gallery_432_24_91035.jpg

Abilities: 10 + 10 + 10 + 6 + 4 + 6 = 46PP

Strength: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Dexterity: 20/40 (+5/+15)

Constitution: 20/30 (+5/+10)

Intelligence: 16 (+3)

Combat: 24 + 36 = 60PP

Initiative: +25/+35

Attack: +12, +18 Melee

Grapple: +23/+28

Defense: +18 (+18 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +9 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -2/-5

Saving Throws: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9PP

Toughness: +5/+10 (+5/+10 Con)

Fortitude: +5/+10 (+7/+12 Con, +3)

Reflex: +8/+18 (+5/+15 Dex, +3)

Will: +6 (+3 Wis, +3)

Skills: 148R = 37PP

Acrobatics 15 (+20/+30)

Bluff 12 (+15)

Computers 12 (+15)

Diplomacy 12 (+15)

Disable Device 17 (+20)

Intimidate 12 (+15)

Knowledge (Technology) 12 (+15)

Notice 13 (+15)

Sense Motive 13 (+15)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+20/+30)

Stealth 15 (+20/+30)

Feats: 29 PP

Acrobatic Bluff 2

Attack Focus Melee 6

Defensive Attack

Defensive Strike

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Improved Initiative 5

Move by Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Set-Up

Takedown Attack 2

Teamwork 3

Powers: 10 + 20 + 10 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 6 + 1 + 10 = 69PP

Enhanced Strength 10 [10pp]

Enhanced Dexterity 20 [20pp]

Enhanced Constitution 10 [10pp]

Speed 5 [5pp]

Quick 5 [5pp]

Leaping 2 [2pp]

Super-Movement 3 (Wall Running 2, Slowfall) [6pp]

Super-Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1pp]

Autofire Extra Applied to Strength score [10pp]

Abilities (46) + Combat (60) + Saving Throws (09) + Skills (37) + Feats (29) + Powers (69) - Drawbacks (00) = 250/250 Power Points

We got ourselves a two for one special here. I may wind up doing more teams of Blockbusters in the future as well, though for obvious reasons they'll all tend toward being Orange Tier. The team known as Eighty - Six are a pair of cyborgs created by the Foundry. The pair were experimented on against their will and somehow managed to escape the Foundry's laboratory, rumors put it that it due to a villain attacking the lab over a previous grudge. They retain fragments of their past lives, but just enough to know of all they have lost. They even forgot their own names, and instead have been referred to as the serial numbers written on their metal frames, 08 and 06 respectively. The press came up with referring them to as “Eighty-Six†due to a famous photograph where Cyborg 08's serial number was shown in a mirror, looking like 80, while 06's serial number was viewable from the front.

The duo's primary motivation is to destroy the Foundry. However, they will go to whatever lengths are necessary to complete this vendetta without any qualms about who or what gets in their way. They are fully willing to demolish entire city blocks if there is even remote chance it'll damage the Foundry in anyway. The only thing they will not risk is each other's safety. When their plans go south, and the other is in danger, they pull out all the stops to get out of dodge. Eighty-Six sometimes find themselves in the employ of other villains out of necessity. They need their bodies to continue to function, but if they get heavily damaged, they'll need someone to help patch them up. Such partnerships are strictly temporary, and they'll soon be back pursuing their own vendetta. How the Foundry will react to other villains aiding Eighty-Six remains to be seen.

From a meta gamey perspective, Cyborg 08 fills the archetype of the cyborg samurai more popular in the anime genre obviously. While Cyborg 06 is the unstoppable terminator. Basically a power house and speedster teaming up. I built them with Constitution scores because they are human enough to not be fully machine. Any lasting injury that needs repair would be a complication if they were a PC, but here that's a plot seed.

Cyborg 08 is quite a bit slower than most speedsters, but is quite a bit physically stronger. Of the two, he's better with technology and can fulfill a bit of a hacker role when simply smashing is out of the question. Cyborg 06 on the other hand is about as much of a Mighty Glacier as you can get. She has a bit of speed on her, but her main shtick is just how absurdly tough and strong she is. Of the two, she is the more machine like, which is why she has Density and Life Support. I was half tempted to give these two Immunity to interaction skills to add the full on Terminator vibe, but I wanted to leave that avenue open to combat them.

Plot hooks include:

* Blow it all up! - The most common thread for these two. They find a Foundry base that happens to be in populated area and they move in to destroy it and a large swath of the surrounding landscape.

* Stalker – Borrowing from their Terminator roots, Eighty-six seem to be gunning for an ordinary citizen. Is he an agent of the Foundry or just an innocent man caught in the cross fire?

* All in the Family – Another cyborg in the series has appeared. Either working with or against the Foundry and Eighty-six.

• 3 weeks later...

Orange Tier Blockbuster: Double-Dash, The Lightspeed Trickster (PL 15 - 255pp)

“Run, run, run, as fast as you can. I won this race before it even began.â€

gallery_432_24_130979.jpg

Abilities: 4 + 10 + 10 + 6 + 4 + 6 = 40PP

Strength: 14 (+2)

Constitution: 20 (+5)

Combat: 22 + 20 = 42PP

Initiative: +5/+65

Attack: +11, +15 Speed Attacks

Grapple: +13

Defense: +19 (+10 Base, +9 Dodge Focus), +5 Flat-Footed

Saving Throws: 3 + 5 + 3 = 11PP

Toughness: +5/+11 (+5 Con, +6 Defensive Roll)

Fortitude: +8 (+5 Con, +3)

Reflex: +10/+20 (+5 Dex, +5/+15), Evasion 2

Will: +6 (+3 Wis, +3)

Skills: 156R = 39PP

Acrobatics 20 (+25)

Bluff 17 (+20)

Computers 17 (+20)

Diplomacy 7 (+10)

Disable Device 17 (+20)

Gather Information 12 (+15)

Knowledge (Current Events) 7 (+10)

Knowledge (Popular Culture) 7 (+10)

Languages 1 (English [native], Spanish)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Sleight of Hand 20 (+25)

Stealth 15 (+20)

Feats: 17 PP

Acrobatic Bluff 2

Attack Specialization (Super-Speed Attacks) 2

Connected

Contacts

Defensive Attack

Defensive Strike

Distract (Bluff)

Improved Critical (Rapid Punch) 2

Power Attack

Redirect

Skill Mastery 2 (Acrobatics, Bluff, Computers, Disable Device, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth)

Takedown Attack 2

Powers: 15 + 15 + 10 + 31 + 3 + 35 = 106PP

Speed 15 [15pp]

Quickness 15 [15pp]

Enhanced Reflex Save 10 [10pp]

Enhanced Feats 31 (Improved Initiative 15, Evasion 2, Elusive Target, Move By Action, Dodge Focus 9, Defensive Roll 3) [31pp]

Super-Movement 3 (Wall Running 2, Water Walking) Flaws: Only while running [3pp]

Super-Speed Array [35pp]

Damage 15 Extras: Autofire – All the punching

* AP: Insubstantial 4 (affected by attacks that move at super-speed); Damage 5 Extras: Affects Corporeal – You're too slow~

* AP: Speed 5, Quickness 5, Super-Movement 7 (Sure-footed 4, Permeate 3, Temporal Movement 3) - Double-dash

* AP: Drain Toughness 15 (objects only) Extras: Targeted Burst Area, Selective; Flaws: Full-Round Action – Disassemble

* AP: Trip 15 Extras: Knockback, General Area Cylinder; Flaws: Touch Range; Power Feats: Progression x2 (75ft radius, 300ft height) - Tornado

* AP: Damage 15 Extras: General Area Explosion; LINKED Dazzle 15 (auditory) Extras: General Area Explosion; Flaws: Touch Range – Sonic Boom

Abilities (40) + Combat (42) + Saving Throws (11) + Skills (39) + Feats (17) + Powers (106) - Drawbacks (00) = 255/255 Power Points

Double-Dash is widely considered to be one of the most annoying super-villains to ever put on a brightly colored costume. Double-Dash's real name is Megan Conners. She had always been a bit of an action junky, a thrill-seeker, but anything to get the spot light would do. Her pursuits would eventually lead her to be front and center as part of Channel's “Action News†team, being the camera woman for the infamous Amy Feng. For a while, the two made quite the pair, as Megan was just as reckless as Amy was in the pursuit of the story. That came to an end when they were covering a plot by Dr. Simian using a chronal disruptor to turn the mayor (and many other state officials for that matter) into children, or maybe it was apes. As the Freedom League intervened, Dr. Simian's device was damaged and released an uncontrolled pulse of energy right at a certain camera woman who decided to get a little too close to the action.

When Megan came to a few moments, Dr. Simian was defeated, most of the League was standing over her, and yet all eyes (and cameras) were on her. When she stood up, she noticed that everyone else around her hadn't moved. She quickly pieced together that she had gotten super-speed from the accident. In short order, she demonstrated her new powers by literally running circles around Johnny Rocket. Things quickly got out of hand, as she started to dismantle and recreate the surrounding landscape in her image, making sure to majestically pose for the cameras. When the League attempted to apprehend her, she literally fled the country.

As Double-Dash, Megan doesn't commit crimes so much as she just causes general mischief and mayhem. She often steals things just to see if she can, and later returns the items, preferably while the place is still under guard. She'll only stick around in an area to attract the camera crews, and she'll scatter as soon as it looks like she might have an actual fight on her hands. When she doesn't feel like waiting for a camera crew, Double-Dash has been known to wear a camera herself and live-stream her crimes on the internet.

By request from AA, a speedster with all of the go-fast. They're an otherwise normal person who is just really, really fast. They've got a few tricks up their sleeve from their days as a reporter in training, but they're mostly focused on being really fast, and really annoying. She is actually fast enough where they have Temporal Movement 3, which means that they can run through time itself on a whim. This isn't so much as something that'll see play, but it's a built in plot hook. It's also why she's so hard to contain, she can make it so she wasn't captured in the first place.

The one trick that I really like about this build is the Insubstantial setting. She can be affected by attacks that move at extreme speed, so for instance, it offers no protection against stuff like light based attacks, or lighting, or even other speedsters, but all other attacks are useless because they're too slow to catch her. I'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back for that one. While she is focusing on not getting hit however, they can't put as much power behind their blows. All of the other powers are pretty standard fare. Dissassemble things at high speed, spin around in a circle to make a tornado and run so fast you make a sonic boom.

• 2 months later...

AGENDA Member - Orange Tier Blockbuster: Recon – The Golden Eye (PL 14 - 235pp)

gallery_432_24_62678.jpg

"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Abilities: 12 + 10 + 10 + 6 + 8 + 2 = 48PP

Strength: 22 (+6)

Wisdom: 18/32 (+4/+11)

Charisma: 12 (+1)

Combat: 28 + 20 = 42PP

Initiative: +21

Attack: +14, +18 Ranged

Grapple: +20

Defense: +18 (+14 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +7 Flat-Footed

Saving Throws: 3 + 5 + 3 = 11PP

Toughness: +5/+8/+10 (+5 Con, +2 Defensive Roll, +3 Costume)

Reflex: +15 (+5 Dex, +10), Evasion 2

Will: +9 (+4 Wis, +5)

Skills: 208R = 52PP

Acrobatics 19 (+24)

Bluff 9 (+10)

Climb 7 (+15)

Disable Device 10 (+15)

Drive 10 (+15)

Escape Artist 15 (+20)

Intimidate 14 (+15)

Knowledge (Current Events) 7 (+10)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 7 (+10)

Knowledge (Tactics) 12 (+15)

Notice 19 (+23/+30)

Search 19 (+23)

Sense Motive 16 (+20)

Sleight of Hand 19 (+24)

Stealth 19 (+24)

Survival 6 (+10)

Feats: 32 PP

All Out Attack

Assessment

Attack Focus (Ranged) 4

Benefit (Can perfectly read lips)

Challenge (Takes only a -15 penalty to Stealth checks while Sniping)

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll

Dodge Focus 4

Equipment 2

Evasion 2

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Aim

Improved Critical (Bows)

Improved Initiative 4

Move By Action

Power Attack

Precise Shot 2

Quickdraw 2

Ranged Pin

Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Stealth, Notice, Sleight of Hand)

Uncanny Dodge (visual)

Equipment:

Costume – Protection 3 (3ep)

Grappling Gun – (Super-Movement 1 [swinging] Linked to Speed 2 [25 MPH]) (4ep)

Powers: 23 + 7 + 10 +18 = 58PP

Super-Senses 23 (Analytical -all visual, Counters Concealment-visual, Counters Illusion, Counters Obscure-all, Extended x2, Penetrates Concealment, Radius-all visual, Rapid x3, Danger Sense, Infravision, Microscopic vision 1, Ultravision) [23pp]

Enhanced Wisdom 14 Flaws: Limited to Notice Checks [7pp]

Archery Supremacy 5 (Probability Control, Flaws: Limited 2 [Archery]) [10pp]

RECON's Bow – Device 6 (30pp, Easy to lose) [18pp]

BE: Blast 4 PF: Mighty 6; Autofire – Rain of Arrows[24pp]

AP: Blast 4 PF: Mighty 6; Improved Critical, Precise, Progression (25 range increments – 2,500ft); Improved Range 5 (2,500ft range increment); Subtle, Penetrating 1 – Sniper Shot

AP: Blast 4 PF: Mighty 6; Area – Burst (rank 8); PF: Triggered x2 – Grenade Arrow / Trap Arrow

AP: Snare 10 PF: Reversible – Bolas Arrow

AP: Dazzle 6 (All Visual, All Auditory) Extras: Burst Area – Flash Bang Arrow

AP: Drain Toughness 8 (Objects and Living) Extras: Ranged – Breaching Arrow

AP: Damage 4 PF: Mighty 6; Extras: Targeted Area Cone, Selective – Rapid Shot

Abilities (40) + Combat (42) + Saving Throws (11) + Skills (52) + Feats (32) + Powers (58) - Drawbacks (00) = 235/235 Power Points

Ariel Cross, also known as Recon, would be classified by many as the world's deadliest assassin except for one fatal flaw in her resume: she has never taken a life. This wasn't always the case, growing up Ariel was rather unexceptional. She had incredible eye sight, but often shunned her gifts because too much information bombarded her mind if she were to really look at her surroundings. A chance meeting with Mesmero would change all of that. Mesmero had contracted himself out to another villain to do a series of heists to distract the local heroes from the true objective, and he happened to be robbing the bank Ariel was in with the help of some mind controlled muscle.

As was standard operating procedure, Mesmero looked into the minds of the bank patrons while the goons loaded up the cash; he used them simply to keep an extra eye out and help to be aware of his surroundings. He was surprised at what he could see through Ariel's eyes, and he saw an opportunity in the self doubt and self pity Ariel had within her. He contacted her mentally, and gave her instructions on how to meet him, should she ever want to reach her full potential.

Ariel would accept Mesmero's offer and he would in turn hold up his end of the bargain, training her, and giving her the mental discipline to withstand the onslaught of information her eyes would provide. The pair would form a strong friendship and from there, they would go on to form AGENDA. Recon, as she now preferred to be called, now used her keen eyesight to become one of the best archers to ever live. A rune encrusted bow from Kallig and high tech arrows from Pulsar would cement this reputation.

Recon would in turn eventually be a mentor figure to the newest member of their team: Citizen, as Recon was responsible for Citizen's combat training. As part of AGENA, Recon's main focus is obviously reconnaissance. She is the one to identify threats, and call out attack patterns, and if need be, avenues of escape. When forced into battle, she is a cold and calculating sniper, preferring to work from extreme distances where need be. She is especially skilled at taking down members of the opposition that break off from the main group. If given time to prepare, Recon is even more dangerous, as she can set up scores of traps, and with her ability to see through walls, always knows the precise moment to spring the trap. Recon also likely knows the identies of many super heroes and villains, and the same can likely be said for Mesmero as well. To date, AGENDA has never so much as hinted at exploiting their knowledge

So, something a bit different with this build here. I've decided that I'm retroactively going to assign Mesmero to being the leader of a team comprised entirely of Blockbusters, called AGENDA (Agents for the Gainful Enterprise of Nominally Destructive Acquisitions). They are for all intents and purposes a collection of honorable and practical thieves. Mesmero assembled the group for the purpose of putting together a team where they would watch each others backs and better themselves and each other through teamwork. Also, lots of money. The team has kept a low profile for most of their history. They never killed anyone, and injuries they inflicted on guards tended to be minimal, likewise with damage done to the environment. They simply pulled a well executed heist, and then vanished for months, on end.

As for Recon herself. Yeah, she's quite possibly the best archer on the planet. If she has a line of sight to you, she can probably shoot you, or failing that, set up some traps for you to walk into later. You will pretty much never get the drop on her with all of the visual super-senses she has. When in doubt, Recon probably saw whatever it was that happened. Her Archer Supremacy has actually more than 1 rank, meaning it does something other make natural 1's not be an auto-miss. Assuming no trade-off feats are being used, that means that Recon, will at minimum hit Defense 23 every time. Her bow and arrows are just a combination of tricks shots and trick arrows. Since she has Mighty 6 on a lot of her settings, even other archers that pick up the bow won't get as much mileage out of it as she does. In combat, she is basically relegated to sniping, which she is phenomenal at. Yeah, she takes a -15 penalty to her Stealth check, but everyone looking for her takes a -1 to their Notice check for every 10 ft between them. And Recon can shoot you at a half mile without penalty, and has eyesight enough to count the buttons on your shirt from that distance.

Edited by Geez3r
  • 3 weeks later...

AGENDA Member - Orange Tier Blockbuster: Kallig – The Devil You Know (PL 14 - 280pp)

gallery_432_24_210718.jpg

“A toast! To our glorious battle, and to the feast that follows!â€

Abilities: 14 + 2 + 14 + 20 + 6 + 10 = 66PP

Strength: 24/30/46 (+7/+10/+18)

Constitution: 24/30/38 (+7/+10/+14)

Intelligence: 30 (+10)

Wisdom: 16 (+3)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 20 + 12 = 32PP

Initiative: +1

Attack: +10

Grapple: +17, +21 w/powers, +35 in armor, +41 at full Super-Strength

Defense: +10 (+6 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -3, -5 w/powers, -15 in armor

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 8 = 12PP

Toughness: +7/+10/+18 (+5/+10/+14 Con, +4 Protection) 12 Impervious

Fortitude: +7/+10/+14 (+5/+10/+14 Con, +0)

Reflex: +5 (+1 Dex, +4)

Will: +11 (+3 Wis, +8)

Skills: 208R = 52PP

Bluff 16 (+21, +25w/Attractive)

Craft (arcane) 15 (+20)

Diplomacy 16 (+21, +25 w/Attractive)

Gather Information 15 (+20)

Intimidate 15 (+20)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Art) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Business) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Civics) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (History) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 15 (+25)

Notice 7 (+10)

Profession (Contract Negotiator) 17 (+20)

Sense Motive 17 (+20)

Feats: 20 PP

All Out Attack

Artificer

Attractive

Benefit (Duke in Court of Hell)

Connected

Contacts

Distract 2 (Both Intimidate & Bluff)

Dodge Focus 4

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Interpose

Power Attack

Ritualist

Skill Mastery (Knowledge (Arcane Lore), Knowledge (Business), Knowledge (Civics), Profession (Contract Negotiator))

Stunning Attack

Well Informed

Powers: 6 + 6 + 2 + 14 + 57 + 13 = 98PP

Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp]

Enhanced Constitution 6 [6pp]

Super-Strength 1 [2pp]

Immunity 14 (Life Support, Aging, Fire Damage) [14pp]

Kallig's Armor (Hard to Lose Device 14 – (70pp pool) PF: Restricted – Only Demons) [57pp]

Enhanced Strength 16 [16pp]

Enhanced Constitution 8 [8pp]

Protection 4 Extras: Impervious Toughness 12 [16pp]

Super-Strength 6 PF: Bracing, Counter-punching [17pp]

Super-Strength 6 PF: Dynamic [15pp]

* DAP: Flight 6

Feature (Adds Fire descriptor to Strength based attacks when power-attacking) [1pp]

Kallig's Hammer (Easy to Lose Device 4 – (20pp pool) PF: Restricted – Only Demons) [13pp]

Add Ranged Extra to Strength Bonus [18pp]

* AP: General Area Cone applied to Strength Bonus

* AP: Adds Trip 14 Extras: Knockback; Flaws: Melee Range; to Strength Bonus

Abilities (66) + Combat (32) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (52) + Feats (20) + Powers (98) - Drawbacks (00) = 280/280 Power Points

Kallig was the third addition to AGENDA's roster, which would really make him their first team mate since beforehand it was just a team-up between Mesmero and Recon. Kallig and Mesmero had actually crossed paths many times before teaming up. As they were both power brokers, they ran in many of the same circles. Unlike many of Mesmero's other competitors, Kallig mostly kept to his own affairs, rarely seeking to overtly meddle in another's affairs. However, Mesmero noted that Kallig had a habit of being in a position to pick up the pieces when another organization imploded. Rather than compete with one another, Mesmero proposed a partnership, which Kallig accepted, while the former had a sneaking suspicion that this was the latter's plan all along.

But it wasn't just for Kallig's negotiation skills that Mesmero recruited him; Kallig was a true to life demon. Or more precisely half-demon. Kallig's father is, Zarrek, an arch-demon of rather impressive stature, while his mother, Abigail, is the leader of a cult dedicated to Zarrek. The pair had originally planned to sire a child to serve as the vessel for Zarrek on the mortal plane, by-passing the pesky Pact that had put a stopper in many dealings between the planes. The timely arrival of Eldrich prevented the ritual from being completed in full. Eldritch also sealed the majority of Abigail's spellcasting ability, but spared her life. By all accounts, Kallig lead a well-adjusted life, and seemed to be totally okay with being hell-spawn. In fact he followed in his mother's foot-steps, taking up the dark arts as her pupil, seeking to tap into the infernal energies that lay dormant inside of him. Kallig found the only way to keep his abilities active was a permanent edifice that draws out and enhances demonic energy.

Kallig's mother has since passed away, and her damned soul was sent to Hell, into the waiting arms of Zarrek, who has molded her into a powerful demon in her own right. The two have a sickeningly lovely-dovey relationship. Kallig has more than a few personal goals that he is pursuing, his overarching aim is to break the Pact and unleash Hell. Those he considers allies will of course be treated favorably under the new regime, which obviously includes the members of AGENDA. However, Kallig takes the long road, and for the time being, his immediate goals center around money, power and influence; his father's primary sin of greed runs deep in his veins.

Personality wise, most people wouldn't think Kallig as the stereotypical demon. He's boisterous, fun loving, inviting and generally kind of a nice guy to be around. He enjoys the finer things in life, and spends a lot of time enjoying leisure time. In between jobs, it's not uncommon for Kallig to spend a lazy afternoon smoking fine Cuban cigars with a glass of bourbon poolside. However, that enjoyment for life carries over into the battlefield, where he is rarely seen not smiling or laughing. He once famously toasted that he should very much like to buy Centurion a drink after the latter punched him halfway through 3rd Street once their battle was completed. While he can carve wide paths of destruction he almost never does so, considering it unsportsmanlike like to beat those that can't fight back. And if you're someone who can fight back, Kallig will wait until you're good and ready to fight. He's even gone so far as to save civilians side by side with heroes when his fights have put lives in danger unnecessarily. When Mesmero questioned this Kallig merely replied “Victory tastes sweetest when it's fairly won, and your adversaries are forced to admit your superiority - just because I'm a bad guy doesn't mean I have to be a bad guy.â€

Next up in the set is Kallig. Kallig takes a lot of cues from Marvel's Thor who is honestly one of my favorite superheroes. He came up pretty high on the budget, at a stompy 280 power points. In AGENDA's roster, he serves three main purposes: he's the Big-Guy when there's a spotlight to be had, the money man when there isn't, and to be the moral center. He's also very close to a villainous PC I nearly submitted back in the day, but went with Malice instead. Going down the line, he's Toughness and Damage shifted pretty heavily, and with good saves he'll be quite hard to put down, and can really lay the smack down when necessary. Then from his skill and feat selection, you'll note that he's far from being a simple dumb bruiser. With his wide array of Knowledge skills, he can tell precisely what will fetch the highest price from a glance at an art gallery. He also serves as a fence for their stolen goods, after Mesmero or Recon has set up a meet. Lastly, a lot of the other members of AGENDA are very cold and calculating, which could make their decent into a grim and gritty “take what we want, kill anyone who gets in our way†team very easy if not for Kallig reminding them what good things there are to enjoy in the world. This also means that Kallig clashes a bit with the team every now and again, as they consider him a goofball at times.

Mechanically, there isn't too much to say about this build. He's big and powerful in his own right. I gave him some more beefiness outside of the armor and hammer to focus on the fact that a half-demon is far stronger than joe someguy off the street. His armor is where the majority of his power comes from, allowing him to fly and massively increasing his strength and toughness. I added the same feature that I did back in my old Thor-knockoff build, but subbed in fire for lightning. The hammer just gives him fancy ways to use is new found strength. For my own design aesthetics, I rarely give big bruisers like this some sort of Strike + Mighty type of power. In my book, when you can drop kick a tank easily, it doesn't really matter how sharp your sword is at that point. Also, for a lot of these big bruisers, I wind up having a nice chunk of their Super-Strength be split off from their Super-Strength & Flight Dynamic Array; it helps define a character's upper limits of speed. I don't really like Paragons horning in on Speedster territory unnecessarily. If you're going to be that fast, make that your shtick.

Edited by Geez3r

Black Tier Blockbuster: OMEGA – The Murderer of Centurion – (PL 20 - 600pp)

gallery_432_24_156832.jpg

“Oblivion is upon you.â€

Abilities: 50 + 2 + 50 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 132PP

Strength: 60 (+25)

Constitution: 50 (+20)

Wisdom: 20 (+5)

Charisma: 20 (+5)

Combat: 30 + 24 = 54PP

Initiative: +5

Attack: +15

Grapple: +40, +50 w/powers

Defense: +15 (+12 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -15, -20 in armor

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 15 = 19PP

Toughness: +20/+25 (+20 Con, +5 Protection) 5/15 Impervious

Fortitude: +20 (+20 Con, +0)

Reflex: +5 (+1 Dex, +4)

Will: +20 (+5 Wis, +15)

Skills: 124R = 31PP

Bluff 9 (+14)

Intimidate 25 (+30)

Knowledge (Cosmos) 15 (+20)

Knowledge (Galactic Lore) 15 (+20)

Knowledge (Tactics) 15 (+20)

Knowledge (Technology) 15 (+20)

Notice 15 (+20)

Sense Motive 15 (+20)

Feats: 18 PP

All Out Attack

Assessment

Benefit 2 (OMEGA, Native to Terminus)

Dodge Focus 3

Fearless

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative

Power Attack

Skill Mastery (Intimidate, )

Startle 2

Takedown Attack 2

Ultimate Toughness

Powers: 275 + 23 + 13 + 5 + 30 = 346PP

Variable Power 25 (Any combination of traits, 125pp pool) Extras: Free Action to Reconfigure (+2), Duration (Continuous) – Master of the Terminus [275pp]

Super-Strength 11 PF: Counter-punching [23pp]

Immunity 13 (aging, life support, starvation and thirst, own powers) [13pp]

Impervious Toughness 5 [5pp]

Omega's Armor – (Hard to lose Device 7 – 35pp pool) PF: Restricted x2 [30pp]

Protection 5 Extras: Impervious Toughness 10 [15pp]

Comprehend 2 (Languages) [4pp]

Flight 8 [16pp]

Abilities (132) + Combat (54) + Saving Throws (19) + Skills (31) + Feats (18) + Powers (346) - Drawbacks (00) = 600 / 600 Power Points

Samples Settings for Master of the Terminus Variable Power:

* Disintegration X [5pp/rank, Max rank of 25]

* Damage X Extras: General Area Burst, Duration (Continuous) (+3) [5pp/rank, Max rank of 20]

* Emotion Control X (Fear & Despair) Extras: Action (Reaction – Whenever a superhero is murdered by Omega) (+3), Perception Area, Selective; Flaws: Range (Melee) (-2) [9pp/rank, Max rank of 13]

* Transform X (All Inanimate Matter) [5pp/rank, Max Rank of 25]

* Teleport X Extras: Accurate, Portal (+2); PF: Progression x5 (250ft wide portal) [5pp/rank + 5pp, Max Rank 20]

* Blast X Extras: Indirect x3, Homing x4; [2pp/rank +7pp, Max rank 25]

* Insubstantial 3 (Terminus Energy) Extras: Duration (Continuous); Affects Corporeal Applied to Strength [38pp]

My first Black Tier Blockbuster, and your first impression is probably something along the lines of “well that's not fair†and you would be right. Fighting a Black Tier Blockbuster is the equivalent of fighting Galactus; actually fighting them is your option of last resort. Black Tier Blockbusters are a hair's breadth away from flat out being PL X characters who don't even bother with stats at all. In this case, that is being represented by the massive Variable Power pool. Furthermore, Omega doesn't even really need his Variable Power pool; he is fully capable of beating your heroes into the ground without it. I think this may wind up being a running theme for the Black Tier Blockbusters, just to denote how massively powerful they really are. It also gives GM's a free pass for the Blockbusters to do whatever it is they need to do to move the plot, because the BTB's are very much walking plot points. When someone utters the phrase “Omega is coming.†everything else stops, those three little words are your story now.

Also new in this build is the fact that it's a cannon PC. Does this mean that Omega is suddenly now a PL 20 murder machine in FCPbP? Heck no. Everything in this thread is entirely optional, always has been, always will be. But, I've been kicking around the idea of rebuilding some of the cannon NPC's as Blockbusters. This would essentially be that version of the character if they actually got their hands on the MacGuffin. Or maybe they got a bad case of the Kenson maths and need to be kicked up a few notches to represent their true potential. The point is that they're the same character, just a little more beefy.

And onto the build proper, well I really don't have much to say really. I took the stat block from the book and just added more to it. And to be frank, there wasn't much to work with. Omega is the stereotypical big scary guy from the evil end of space. Strong enough to beat Earth's mightest heroes into the ground, and enough cosmic juju at his fingertips to literally level the playing field. He didn't really have any canonically impressive skills or feats, he just kind of beat everyone up. I figure he left all of his lieutenants the job of actually sorting out the logistics of conquering the galaxy. Said lieutenants will likely be made into Blockbusters of their own at some point, because that'll give me a bit more in the way of creative freedom. And it also hammers home the fact that you just don't have to fight Omega, you have to fight all the legions he brings to bear as well.

• 1 month later...

AGENDA Member: Orange Tier Blockbuster: Citizen - One of Us - PL 10 (275pp)

gallery_432_24_445483.jpg

“I am not the kid you used to pick on anymore.â€

Abilities: 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 4 + 2 = 38PP

Strength: 20 (+5)

Intelligence: 12 (+1)

Charisma: 12 (+1)

Combat: 20 + 24 = 44PP

Initiative: +13

Attack: +10, +15 Melee

Grapple: +20

Defense: +15 (+12 Base, +3 Dodge Focus), +6 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -15, -20 in armor

Saving Throws: 3 + 9 + 4 = 16PP

Toughness: +5 (+5 Con)

Reflex: +14 (+5 Dex, +9), Evasion 2

Will: +6 (+2 Wis, +4)

Skills: 164R = 41PP

Acrobatics 15 (+20)

Bluff 9 (+10)

Computers 12 (+13)

Disable Device 19 (+20)

Disguise 14 (+15)

Drive 10 (+15)

Intimidate 16 (+17)

Knowledge (Current events) 9 (+10)

Knowledge (Pop Culture) 9 (+10)

Notice 13 (+15)

Pilot 10 (+15)

Sense Motive 13 (+15)

Stealth 15 (+20)

Feats: 41 PP

Acrobatic Bluff 2

Attack Focus (Melee) 5

Defensive Attack

Distract (Intimidate)

Dodge Focus 5

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Favored Opponent (Claremont Students)

Fearless

Grappling Finesse

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Set Up

Startle 2

Stunning Attack

Takedown Attack 2

Teamwork 3

Powers: 95 = 95PP

Summon (Duplication) 12 Extras: Continuous Duration, Heroic, Horde, Fanatical, Survival; Power Feats: Mental Link, Progression 10 (2,000 Duplicates) [95pp]

Abilities (38) + Combat (44) + Saving Throws (16) + Skills (41) + Feats (41) + Powers (75) - Drawbacks (00) = 275 / 275 Power Points

Emily Wallace is one of only a handful of Claremont's drop outs in its illustrious history as an academy for the super-powered. Her tenure at the high school started normal enough. She was accepted due to her ability to create duplicates of herself, and any simple objects she carried with her. Stuff like her clothes or a bat, basically anything that doesn't have moving parts. For the first year or so, she really enjoyed her time and made quite a few friends. She was never one of the popular kids, but she did well enough. Anyone who has been in a high school however knows just how quickly the kids can turn on one another.

As the students advance through the Academy, more and more focus is put on their hero training and how well they perform in the Doom Room. At the time, Emily was an experienced scrapper that could make a handful of duplicates of herself. But, at the end of the day, she was still just a teenaged girl who had some combat training, and that doesn't come nearly close enough to matching someone who can shoot lasers from her eyes. The kids began to point out that she didn't really run in the same league as them, or for that matter, any superhero. When the students picked teams, Emily found herself dropping down the list of picks, until she was dead last. And then it got even worse when the other students flat out refused to pick her. She was eventually forced to have some of her duplicates play on one team and the rest on the other.

What cemented her reputation as “useless†however was the fact that in these little war games there would often be a student playing the part of a “citizen†that was in peril or had to be protected; and since Emily could be in two places in once and didn't have any other powers, she was often relegated to this role. The kids would tease her that this gave her valuable life experience of sitting the battles out while the real heroes did all the hard work.

Eager to put this reputation behind her and put a stop to all of the bullying, Emily started to go out on patrol, hoping by busting up a crime in progress, she could prove that she was a legit super hero. Things did not go according to plan. Having the numbers advantage doesn't mean as much as you might think it does when the other side has the bullets advantage. All of Emily's duplicates were gunned down, as was she. Had the bullet been two inches to the left, she would have been killed rather than being hospitalized for a few months. As a result, Emily's parents pulled her out of Claremont, and decided she should finish up going to public school. But what hurt Emily most about this whole ordeal is that none of her supposed friends ever came to visit her in the hospital.

Flash forward a couple of years and Emily had fallen into a rough crowd. She had dropped out of college and was running around as a gang member and thief. Emily had wised up a bit from her prior experience and kept at least one of her away from danger, and would simply dismiss her duplicates if things got too hectic. While Emily was getting ready to consign her life to being a low level street thug, she suddenly came home one day to find Mesmero and Recon sitting in her living room. They said that she had untapped potential, and that she was meant for better things. Emily shot them down saying she had already gone down this path, and it only ended in her getting shot; this was her lot in life, nothing more.

And with that retort hanging in the air, Mesmero sat up in his chair, edging himself closer to Emily. Very slowly and deliberately, he touched his right hand to his temple, and the memories started to wash over Emily. She remember every insult, every slight, every disgusted look, every disappointment, and even the gazes of pity from her professors. Above all the turmoil, anguish and pain, one image was burning in her mind: the day her parents told her she was leaving Claremont, while she was in the hospital and all she could do that night was sob herself to sleep.

“Get out of my head you sick bastard!†roared Emily, pushing Mesmero away. “Get out! Get out! Get out! Why would you do this to me?! Is this how you get your kicks huh?! Answer me!â€

Recon wordless placed her hand on Emily's shoulder to placate her, before yet another image made its way into Emily's mind, but this was not one of her own memories. Instead Emily's senses were overwhelmed with an utter cacophony of lights, dazzles and colors. She was vaguely aware of a humanoid standing in front of her, likely in black attire. She heard a voice that was not her own speak from “her†mouth “Why would you do this to me!â€

In response the lights and colors focused for a brief moment into the singularly most mesmerizing beautiful image ever witnessed by human eyes. She could see everything; all matter, all particles, all energy, and colors she had not even dreamed ever existed. And in the memory and in the present Mesmero uttered the words “I did this to you because I can show you a better world.â€

In a rare moment of tenderness, Recon gently lifted Emily's chin so that their eyes could meet. “If he can take a girl about your age, who was afraid to open her eyes, and turn her into the greatest sharpshooter to walk the earth, what do you think he can do for you?â€

“... I want revenge. I'm in.â€

“You will have all you desire and more. Welcome to AGENDA. Emily Wallace is gone, who are you now?â€

“Citizen.â€

And this is the fourth member of AGENDA. Citizen is the newest member of the group, being recruited only a few months after Pulsar joined up. By Power Level, Citizen is absurdly weak for a Blockbuster clocking in at only PL 10. However, she is an army of PL 10's. She is a highly competent martial artist due to her training with Recon, and has the mental discipline from Mesmero to spread her consciousness over thousands of duplicates. She rarely brings all of these to bear in a single fight however. Since the duration is continuous, her clones stay until dismissed, she can effectively be multiple different people all advancing their own objectives at the same time. This means that Citizen can and does have her duplicates deployed all over the world monitoring AGENDA's affairs on a global scale. A lot of what I can say about this build I already said about my martial artist build. The main differences besides the duplication are some of the skill choices, reflecting more of a criminal background and a hatred of Claremonters.

Edited by Geez3r
  • 1 month later...

Red Tier Blockbuster: Kaiju Kong – The Typhoon Terror - PL 16 (275pp)

gallery_432_24_318086.jpg

“RAWR!â€

Abilities: 8 + 6 + 14 - 2 + 4 - 2 = 28PP

Strength: 18/50 (+4/+20)

Dexterity: 16 (+3)

Constitution: 24/40 (+7/+15)

Intelligence: 6 (-2)

Charisma: 6 (+-2)

Combat: 20 + 20 = 40PP

Initiative: +7

Attack: +10, +20 Melee //+2, +12 Melee w/Size modifier

Grapple: +66

Defense: +20 (+10 Base, +10 Dodge Focus), +5 Flat-Footed; // +12, -3 w/Size modifier

Knockback: -34

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 2 = 8PP

Toughness: +20 (+7/+15 Con, +5 Protection) Impervious 16

Fortitude: +7/+15 (+7/+15 Con, +0)

Reflex: +7 (+3 Dex, +4)

Will: +4 (+2 Wis, +2)

Skills: 28R = 7PP

Acrobatics 7 (+10)

Climb 10 (+30)

Notice 11 (+13)

Survival 8 (+10)

Feats: 25 PP

Attack Focus Melee 10

Dodge Focus 10

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Powers: 49 + 21 +10 + 22 + 63 + 4 = 169PP

Growth 16 Extras: Permanent; PF: Innate [49pp]

Size: Colossal

+32 Strength

+16 Constitution

+20 Carrying Capacity

+16 Grapple Modifier

+8 Intimidate Modifier

-8 Combat Modifier

-16 Stealth Modifier

Protection 5 Extras: Impervious Toughness 16 [21pp]

Knockback 10 power feat applied to Strength Score [10pp]

Super-Strength 10 PF: Powerlifting x2 [22pp]

Kaiju Kong Array [63pp]

* BE: Damage 20 LINKED Paralyze 20 – Thunder Punch

* AP: Damage 16 Extras: General Area Cone; PF: Progression x2 (800ft cone) LINKED Dazzle 16 (auditory) Extras: General Area Cone; Flaws: Touch Range; PF: Progression x2 (800ft cone) – Thunderclap

* AP: Damage 16 Extras: General Area Burst, Continuous (+3) – Lightning Storm

* AP: Environmental Control 11 (5pt mix-and-match; 10,000ft radius)

Super-movement 2 (Wall crawling 2) [4pp]

Abilities (28) + Combat (40) + Saving Throws (6) + Skills (7) + Feats (25) + Powers (169) - Drawbacks (00) = 275 / 275 Power Points

Gigantosaur is not the only monster to ever wander off of Kaiju Island.  It's main rival has been dubbed "Kaiju Kong" a massive gorilla that can seemingly control the storms around it and has an affinity for thunderstorms and lightning.  Their battles have been known to be titanic and level anything nearby.  Unlike Gigantosaur, Kaiju Kong has been known to be relatively peaceful if left alone, but is extremely territorial, which is especially bad when it decides that a coastal city is now its territory. 

A giant Kaiju monkey that can control the weather.  Have fun.  I did.  But there really isn't much to the build, he's a giant monkey that controls the weather and can use lightning. It's pretty nimble for being so big, but its effectively a giant animal so it doesn't have much in the way of tactics. 

Edited by Geez3r
  • 1 month later...

Red Tier Blockbuster: Count Dracula – The Sire of all Vampires – PL 16 (425pp)

gallery_432_24_61668.jpg

"I am exactly who you think I am; I need not say anymore."

Abilities: 12 + 12 - 10 + 10 + 20 + 20 = 64PP

Strength: 22/42 (+6/+16)

Dexterity: 22 (+6)

Constitution: --

Wisdom: 30 (+10)

Charisma: 30 (+10)

Combat: 32 + 24 = 56PP

Attack: +16

Grapple: +22/+32

Defense: +16 (+12 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +8 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -14

Saving Throws: 0 + 5 + 4 = 9PP

Toughness: +16 (+16 Protection) Impervious 12

Fortitude: Immune

Reflex: +11 (+6 Dex, +5)

Will: +14 (+10 Wis, +4)

Skills: 204R = 51PP

Acrobatics 14 (+20)

Bluff 15 (+25)

Craft (Artistic) 10 (+20)

Diplomacy 15 (+25)

Gather Information 15 (+25)

Intimidate 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Art) 10 (+20)

Knowledge (History) 20 (+30)

Knowledge (Tactics) 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Theology & Philosophy) 10 (+20)

Notice 15 (+25)

Perform (Oratory) 10 (+20)

Sense Motive 15 (+25)

Sleight of Hand 15 (+25)

Stealth 15 (+25)

Feats: 50 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Ambidexterity

Benefit (Dracula)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Bluff)

Dodge Focus 4

Elusive Target

Evasion 2

Fearless

Fearsome Presence 16

Hide in Plain Sight

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative

Inspire 5

Leadership

Masterplan 2

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Startle 2

Takedown Attack 2

Uncanny Dodge (Visual)

Well Informed

Powers: 28 + 30 + 41 + 13 + 20 + 4 + 8 + 51 = 195PP

Protection 16 Extras: Impervious Toughness 12 [28pp]

Immunity 30 (Fortitude Saves) [30pp]

Regeneration 14 (Recovery Bonus 14, Bruised 3, Injured 6, Staggered 6, Disabled 8, Resurrection 2) PF: Persistent, Regrowth [41pp]

Flight 6 PF: Subtle [13pp]

Enhanced Strength 20 [20pp]

Super-Strength 2 [4pp]

Super Senses 8 (Darkvision, Accurate Scent, Accurate Hearing, Ultra-Healing) [8pp]

Vampire Lord Array (48pp pool, 3 AP’s) [51pp]

Drain 16 (All Ability Scores) - Vampiric Bite

AP: Mind Control 16 Extras: Sustained Duration, Conscious; Flaws: Sense-Dependent (visual)

AP: Add Targeted Area Burst, Selective & Vampiric Extras to Strength

AP: Insubstantial 2 (mist), Obscure 6 (Visual, 250ft radius), Flight 4

Drawbacks: (-0) = -0PP

Abilities (64) + Combat (56) + Saving Throws (09) + Skills (51) + Feats (50) + Powers (195) - Drawbacks (00) = 425/425 Power Points

Another Blockbuster on request, from Ravelled I believe but don’t quote me.  With a character that has been as influencial as Dracula and that has been around as long as he has, there are a multitude of different interpretations.  I decided to go with a bit of a classic take on Dracula, but with a more modern power level.  He is basically your archetypical vampire, just really, really powerful.  Physically he’s super-humanly strong, but a bit limited when compared to superheroes, he won’t be beating Superman in an arm wrestling contest.  Dracula’s main shtick however is how hard he is to kill.  He has nearly maximum Regeneration, high Toughness, high Defense and can heal himself extra with the Vampiric extra on his unarmed strength.  Of specific note is the fact that Dracula pretty much has none of the traditional weaknesses of vampires.  In many works of fiction he is either shown as being just as suseptable to the traditional weaknesses as the garden variety vampire or is shown to be able to ignore them entirely.  I went with the later, but this of course can be changed quite easily.  I also did not include any ability to turn people into vampires, as using that power on anything where a save is important is a plot point by itself so me adding it to the stat block doesn't make much sense.  The guy is Dracula, feel free to have dozens, if not hundreds of vampires hanging about, or conversely, have him be all alone, both work.  Also, vampires tend to have a wide swath of abilities, but none that are truly powerful in terms of super-heroes, but are quite handy in their versatility.  He’s very stealthy, a formidable hand to hand combatant, has extensive social graces, the ability to control others, has devilishly keen senses and hundreds of years of knowledge to bring to bear.  He’s a predator that knows he’s at the apex of the food chain, and can take down just about anyone or anything should he care to.  Most importantly he will relish the opportunity to do so. 

• 2 months later...

Orange Tier Blockbuster: Silverback – Monkey Business (PL 14 - 250pp)

gallery_432_24_164699.jpg

“We have a saying where I come from, you scratch my back, I scratch yours.â€

Abilities: 12 + 06 + 16 + 10 + 14 + 16 = 74PP

Strength: 22/30 (+6/+10)

Dexterity: 22 (+6)

Constitution: 26/30 (+8/+10)

Wisdom: 24 (+7)

Charisma: 26 (+8)

Combat: 28 + 28 = 56PP

Attack: +14, +18 Melee

Grapple: +34

Defense: +18 (+14 Base, +4 Dodge Focus), +7 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -5

Saving Throws: 0 + 4 + 4 = 8PP

Toughness: +10 (+10 Constitution)

Fortitude: +10 (+10 Constitution, +0)

Reflex: +10 (+6 Dex, +4)

Will: +11 (+7 Wis, +4)

Skills: 232R = 58PP

Acrobatics 9 (+15)

Bluff 12 (+20)

Computers 10 (+15)

Craft (Chemical) 10 (+15)

Craft (Mechanical) 10 (+15)

Diplomacy 12 (+20)

Disable Device 15 (+20)

Gather Information 17 (+25)

Intimidate 17 (+25)

Knowledge (Business) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Civics) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+10)

Knowledge (Streetwise) 15 (+25)

Knowledge (Tactics) 10 (+20)

Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+10)

Notice 13 (+20)

Perform (Oratory) 12 (+20)

Sense Motive 13 (+20)

Stealth 9 (+15)

Survival 8 (+15)

Feats: 37 PP

Accurate Attack

All Out Attack

Ambidexterity

Attack Focus Melee 4

Benefit (Wealth 3, Fame, Good PR)

Connected

Contacts

Distract (Intimidate)

Dodge Focus 4

Evasion

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Initiative 2

Inspire 5

Leadership

Masterplan 2

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Startle 2

Well Informed

Powers: 13 + 4 = 17PP

Growth 4 Extras: Permanent (+0); PF: Innate [13pp]

Super-Strength 2 [4pp]

Abilities (74) + Combat (56) + Saving Throws (08) + Skills (58) + Feats (37) + Powers (17) - Drawbacks (00) = 250 / 250 Power Points

The likes of Dr. Simian has a thorn in the side of peace keeping forces for Freedom City and the world at large for years now. Thankfully, while Dr. Simian's experiments have uplifted other apes to sentience, not all of them have shown the hatred for humanity that Dr. Simian himself has shown. The most triumphant example of course being Silverback, one of Freedom City's foremost business men and philanthropists. He stands as an example that man and ape can live in harmony, and together can build a better tomorrow.

Well at least that's the public story anyway. In truth, Silverback is a gangster, pure and simple. Each of the different gangs has their own niche in Freedom, and Silverback's claim to fame is arms-dealing. He's been making lots of power plays recently, and military grade weaponry is starting to make its way to the streets. Some of the heroes of Freedom City know he's dirty, but they can't seem to get any charges to stick, at least not yet. But its clear that if everything goes Silverback's way, soon Freedom City will soon have an all out war on its streets.

• 5 months later...

So I've been mulling over reactivating Malice as a PC, but as this is a big shift, I'm going to post it up in Character Building rather than the bank first, also there's a few details to iron out. 

Malice/Tempest Power Point Calculation:

Tempest currently sits at 210pp who was made my “primary” PC once the no-villains rule was enacted, having the same point total Malice did http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2482-tempest-geez3r-pl-14-hero-platinum/

Since Malice had an NPC readjustment, it's hard to figure out how much PP he did have back in the day, so I'm using Tempest to back into that figure.

In September of 2009, Malice was last active, having just hit PL 13 during that month, but I don't know his exact total http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2498-pp-awards-for-september-2009-all-should-read

In October of '09 Tempest got 4pp http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2643-pp-awards-for-october-2009-all-should-read

In November of '09 everyone got 5pp http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2707-pp-awards-for-november-2009-all-should-read

December '09 – 4pp http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2793-pp-awards-for-december-2009-all-should-read

January of '10 – 5pp http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2877-pp-awards-for-january-2010-all-should-read

In February of '10, Tempest was made inactive and Jester was active http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/2998-pp-awards-for-february-2010-all-should-read

Jester was active in March of '10 http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/3117-pp-awards-for-march-2010-all-should-read

and then NPC'd in April, as Dynamo took over http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/3251-pp-awards-for-april-2010-all-should-read

So that means that theoretically Malice should have

210 Tempest total

-4 October '09

-5 November '09

-4 December '09

-5 January '10

= 192pp

With that budget in mind, here's the new version of Not!Malice

Player Name: Geez3r

Character Name:

Power Level: 13 (192/192PP)

Trade-Offs: +2 Attack / -2 Damage (Melee), -3 Attack / +3 Damage (Ranged), -4 Defense / +4 Toughness

Unspent Power Points: 0

Progress To Silver Status: 42/60

In Brief: One of the world's most infamous super-villains attempts to redeem himself.

Residence: Penthouse, Downtown Freedom

Base of Operations: as above

Alternate Identity: Eric Michaels

Identity: Public

Birthplace: Freedom City

Affiliations: AEGIS, Blackstone prison (inmates & staff), Archetech

Family: Emily Michaels, mother (estranged)

Description:

Apparent Age: Same as actual

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Height: 5'9”

Weight: 155lbs

Eyes: Green

Hair: Deep Red

Eric has changed a fair amount since the last time he was in the public eye. He still has a fair complexion, and he still wears his hair in a side parted ponytail. But his face has a few traces of early wrinkles, but his eyes seem to be much softer and sagely. The most prominent change is of course the plated metal arm on his right side, Eric decided to leave it shiny and chrome rather than to make it look like a regular arm. Several years outside of the power armor, as well as plenty of free time have allowed Eric to dedicate time to an exercise regimen, putting quite a bit more muscle on his previously rather skinny frame.

Power Descriptions:

Eric still uses the red, white and blue Mantle of Freedom that he created so long ago. It has however gone through many upgrades and revisions. This latest version is his first true foray into purely energy based weaponry, wanting to distance himself somewhat from what Malice stood for. As such, this suit is a little more trimmed down than other power armor suits he has used in the past. It offers the basic package of flight, protection and super strength, with this newest version having baseline super-strength running in parallel to the weapons system. The weapons system offers basic energy blasts, but also allows for creation of hard-light objects and the ability to manipulate objects at a distance. With this new design Eric wanted to show that power armor was something more than just a weapon.

History:

Most of Eric's history is well known and documented. By most accounts he was a normal, albeit brilliant citizen of Freedom City for most of his youth, and even into his early adult life. He was the only child of Hank and Emily Michaels, attended the local schools and graduated high in his class at HIT. His life would take a tragic turn when his father was killed in the crossfire of a meta-brawl, having pushed Eric out of the way and taking the hit himself.

Something inside of Eric broke on that day, and he swore vengeance on the heroes of Freedom City for letting such a tragedy befall this city. He began funneling resources from the company he worked for as its head researcher, Darts (the very same company that would later become Archtech) to build the tools required for his crusade. He built an underground complex beneath his own house in a quiet Riverside suburb. He also constructed a suit of power armor, in the colors of the American flag, that he would later dub “The Mantle of Freedom” as he would come to perceive himself as a champion for the way of the future.

His crusade of violence and 'social justice' would finally be brought to an abrupt end in June of 2009, when an explosion rocked Freedom City, one centered at Eric Michael's door step. Eric would lose his right arm in the aftermath, as well as most of his possessions, and the world knew he was Malice. He surrendered to the police without incident and was summarily sentenced to Blackgate Prison.

That is where most people believe that the story stops, but this is where Eric's life would take yet another turn. While Eric sat in his jail cell, day after day, his anger grew and his bitterness began to fester. In any other time or place, he would have been left to rot for his crimes. But this was today and it was Freedom City, and that meant a second chance. There had been some success in years prior with convicted super-villains turning over a new leaf, the largest of which being the pardoning (or lessening of sentences) of prisons who fought against the Terminus Invasion of '93.

It was after that day that leading members of AEGIS saw that possibility of using incarcerated villains as impromptu agents. Similar ideas had been tossed around before, most notably Project Strong-Arm during the Moore years, where the idea was to use inmates as expendable shock troops, but they rarely gathered much traction (at least officially). But as one psychological study after another pointed out, many of these criminals could be wildly successful if they merely applied their talents toward legal ends. So the idea was introduced to give inmates a means by which they could contribute to society, slowly, but surely, until it was deemed that the inmates were reformed at which point they would be released. Serving in a law enforcement or military capacity was still on the table course, but now it was not the only course of action. They called it the Fresh Start program.

The program was championed by Harriet Wainwright, head of the probation department. She had success with work release programs with lesser criminals before hand, but now in the years leading up to her retirement, she wanted to end on a high note, and to prove, once and for all, that anyone could be redeemed if given the right environment. The Freedom City prison system had no shortage of inmates in need of rehabilitation, but the problem was finding one with enough “brand recognition” for lack of a better term that wasn't a complete nutcase; after all you don't try to scale the largest mountain on your first rock climbing expedition. The one name they kept coming back to was Malice.

At one point in time he may have been the most notorious villain in Freedom City, but what set him apart was the fact that he wasn't captured, but he had surrendered himself into police custody without a struggle. Bonus points for first calling his mother so that he could tell her himself that he was a villain rather than her finding out on the 6 o'clock news. Harriet believed that Eric had once been a good man, but he had lost his way after tragedy struck, she merely needed to show him the way to being the man he once was.

They started to give Eric more involved counseling and evaluation, a process which continued throughout the program's duration and is even scheduled to continue after his release. They also gave him avenues to put his talents to use. It started as small things, getting his opinion on a new gadget or other piece of tech AEGIS was developing, or his insight on a case they were working on. Then they allowed him access to build a robotic prosthetic arm to replace the one lost in his final battle. It would later to progress to Eric helping to repair the MAX armors at the prison, he even went so far as to start proposing ideas for upgrading them. It wasn't long before AEGIS was allowing him outside of the prison for supervised missions.

But the real change came from what Eric saw when he was working with AEGIS. In the past he had blamed the system that had allowed super heroes to run rampant; the same system that had allowed his father to die. But now, he saw there never was a system; it was always just people. Regular, ordinary, every day people who were trying to make the world a better place. They were struggling under the burden they were trying to carry, and every day they knew that there was a chance that they would fail, but they tried anyway because it was the right thing to do. And in that moment, Eric saw his actions as Malice for what they really were; someone who claimed to be a savior lending a helping hand was really a bully crushing those weaker than him under his heel. Eric swore to himself, never again.

Personality & Motivation:

Eric is a man that has committed a great number of atrocities that now knows how far he has fallen and is now trying to claw his way back to being a good man. He does not shy away from what he has done or who he was. He answers questions about his past bluntly and truthfully. He says that pretending our past didn't occur is the surest way to repeat its mistakes.

Powers & Tactics:

Eric fights like a very smart man in a very expensive flying tank. He weighs his options, and sizes up his opponents before deciding on a course of action. That being said, his usual tactic is to use a gun, and if that doesn't work, to use more gun, some habits are hard to break that way. He can mix it up with melee style combat, but ranged is still his preferred style. He has modified the weapons array on his Mantle of Freedom to offer options beyond simply blast everything in sight

Complications:

Infamous – As Malice, Eric made literally thousands of enemies, switching sides only added people to that list. He is not liked by many, and loathed by most.

Indebted – Eric owes his freedom to the efforts of the probation department and the members of Blackstone prison, especially Harriet Wainwright and Warden Drummer. Come hell or high water, he will do right by them.

Ex-Con – Eric is a convicted felon and though his sentenced was commuted, there are many things he simply can't do anymore, and many watch lists he shows up on.

Stats: 8 + 2 + 8 + 20 + 4 + 4 = 46PP

Str: 18/30 (+4/+10)

Dex: 12 (+1)

Con: 18 (+4)

Int: 30 (+10)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: 18 + 12 = 30 PP

Attack: +9, +14 Melee

Grapple: +18, +24 in suit, +30 at full Super-Strength

Defense: +8 (+6 Defense, +2 Dodge Focus)

Knockback: -13 in suit, -2 without suit

Saves: 6 + 2 + 6 = 14PP

Toughness: +4/+16 (+4 Con, +11 Protection) – Impervious 10

Fortitude: +10 [+4 Con, +6]

Reflex: +3 [+1 Dex, +2]

Will: +8 [+2 Wis, +6]

Skills: 72r = 18 PP

Bluff 8 (+10)

Computers 5 (+15)

Craft (electronics) 5 (+15)

Craft (mechanical) 5 (+15)

Diplomacy 8 (+10)

Disable Device 5 (+15)

Intimidate 13 (+15)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Tactics) 5 (+15)

Knowledge (Technology) 5 (+15)

Notice 8 (+10)

Feats: 16 PP

All-Out Attack

Attack Focus (Melee) 5

Benefit (Wealth 2)

Dodge Focus 2

Eidetic Memory

Inventor

Luck 2

Power Attack

Speed of Thought

Powers: 68 PP

Device 17(Hard to lose; 85pp pool) [68pp]

Enhanced Strength 12 [12pp]

Protection 12 Extras: Impervious 10 [22pp]

Flight 6 PF: Dynamic [15pp]

* DAPSuper-Strength 6

Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2pp]

Blast 15 [34pp]

* AP – Snare 15

* AP – Move Object 15

* AP – Damage 15 Extras: Targeted Area Burst, Selective; Flaws: Full Round Action

* AP – Create Object 12 PF: Precise, Progression x2, Selective, Stationary, Tether

Drawbacks: -4

Normal Identity (Full Round Action to don Battlesuit) [-4]

DC Block:

Costs: Abilities (46) + Combat (34) + Saves (14) + Skills (18) + Feats (16) + Powers (68) - Drawbacks (4) = 192/ 192