Tanks for Nuthin' [OOC]

trollthumper

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't he have to be making search checks? It's kind of the same as with ESP, except you're manually searching the area, rather than mentally searching the area. No?

EDIT: And just to clarify, I would like to act, but I need a description of Blueshift's digital surroundings in order to act ON them. Sure, I'd like to track Doc home. But it's difficult to write an IC post about that when I have no clue what the digital landscape looks like.

Yeah, I suppose Search fits better. As for digital surroundings...

Inside the tank's server -- which somehow survived despite the main chassis being blown the heck up, so it's likely meant to serve as a black box -- Doc has decided to cut his ties to the machine and am-scray as the server starts to shut down. You can chase him over the connection -- which quickly goes from being militaristic and efficient to the "stream of data" that you might typically find in an urban cyberscape -- and since you beat his firewalls earlier, you can pretty much dodge whatever he throws at you this time.

Hahahaha! I suppose that's possible. Great role reversal for me. I'm usually the one playing the character that thinks the fastest way from point a to point b is through the wall directly in front of them (the door standing just off to the side that leads to the same place not being even worth of mention).

So, might as well stop the car before it gets away. There's no way it's far enough that he can't reach it in a move action. When he gets there, I want to grab the car and keep it from getting away. I'll probably have to switch my array to do it. how much Effective Strength does he need? And do I have to roll anything else?

Having spent extra effort inside Cyberspace will have Fatigued Blueshift's Gadgets. Since they lose 2pp, she can no longer afford a full rank of Gadgets. Therefore they are useless until she has time to repair them (1hr).

Using that option is now closed to me. So instead, assuming we're still somewhat in rounds, I'll stand as a move action, and Extra Effort to gain an alternate power off her Boots. Speed 4 / Enhanced Skills 4 now becomes "Wirewalk" Teleport 4 (Extras: Action/Standard [+1]; Flaws: Long Distance Only [-1]; Medium (Wires) [-1]; PF: Easy) {5pp}

So, Accrobatics to stand as a free action is an auto pass

Extra Effort is a free action

Move action to get to a computer

Standard action to "wirewalk"

Beginning of next round, THAT device will be fatigued as well. :( Yay for not having HPs left!

Cannonade is Extra Efforting to get the +2 to his Leaping power that would allow him to cross the Great Bay in one leap (as it's about two miles from Lonely Point to the site of this carnage, and Leaping 10 would ensure he ends up in the Bay). So, in the meantime, if Victory wishes to swoop down on the taxi, he may do so. I'll roll Initiative when I get home and have access to Doc's stats.