Tanks for Nuthin' [OOC]

trollthumper

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowledge (Technology) 8 (+12/+15, Skill Mastery)

Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 8 (+12/+15, Skill Mastery)

Knowledge (Tactics) 8 (+12/+15, skill Mastery)

I'll hit DC 35 on all of those as a Free Action with her mental quickness.

Can Take 20 on a Knowledge check (normally 1 hour) in .36 seconds/Free Action.

Three checks puts her at about 1 second of time spent.

What they hey, I've got the time. I'll expand all these checks to a full round, and she'll start reciting anything she knows about it. I'll also add in a roll for ANY other applicable knowledge check, which, with online research and Eidetic Memory, will come in squarely at a result of 27. In order to not suffer from headaches, I'll take, say, tripple the time I usually do to research the stuff. This means I can likely afford about three more checks of any sort which I haven't already covered and still come in under/around a full round.

Hows all that sound?

All right. Are you trying to find out about the SPARTOI, the ARACHNE, or what?

Anything she can. Here's the priority listing:

Knowledge tech: spartoi

Knowledge tech: arachne

knowledge physical sciences spartoi

knowledge physical sciences arachne

If there's time left I'll do tactics in that order as well. Unless something else comes up hinting that another skill may be more useful than tactics.

Would the firewall block any attempts to hack into the machines?

In case it does: Computers 8 (+12/+15) I can also take 20 on that as a free action for a 35.

Would the firewall block any attempts to hack into the machines?

It's a closed circle. The area within is fine with receiving remote transmissions from within -- hence why the SPARTOI and ARACHNE have technicians on hand -- but anything from outside is going to encounter a lot of trouble. So yes, you could hack the machinery while the firewall is up.

As for Blueshift...

You've probably heard a few rumors about the SPARTOI or ARACHNE. They seem to operate on basic remote principles, which means they could be hacked with the right protocols - but it's AEGIS, so those firewalls may pack a punch. The SPARTOI's weapons work by the principles stated by Grayston - subsonic frequencies that throw off equilibrium, and focused sonic pulses for concussive effect. The weaponry on the ARACHNE probably indicates machine guns and tank shells as well as non-lethal options such as tear gas, and the hydraulics on its legs look like they might actually be able to make the tank leap for a little distance.

And for Ironclad...

You're able to skim on the surface, but the firewalls installed on the ARACHNE manage to kick you out after a few seconds. AEGIS seems to have installed this thing with top-of-the-line security and encryption... which makes sense, as it's operated by remote frequency and would require such things.

Well, Grayston did just say these things are also intended for combat against mechanized foes, so anyone who's a tech-head and wants to engage can do so. Victory's mainly just sitting on the sidelines (though I'll have something for him, don't worry), but that doesn't mean Ironclad, Fenris or Blueshift have to.

And the unit is disabled.

Ironclad: 23, Unharmed, 3 HP

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Cannonade: 20, Unharmed, 2 HP

Fenris: 14, Unharmed, 1 HP

SPARTOI 2-4: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

It's Cannonade's turn, and as Ironclad and Blueshift are currently on the field of battle, he's not going to go for a Shockwave. So he's just going to rush forward and take a swing at one of the other SPARTOI.

...and miss. Hero Point!

Yeah, I''d say that was a point well-spent. Straight-up Extra Damage, DC28 Toughness save. SPARTOI 2 is thus Stunned and Staggered.

Ironclad: 23, Unharmed, 3 HP

Blueshift: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Cannonade: 20, Unharmed, 1 HP

Fenris: 14, Unharmed, 1 HP

SPARTOI 2: 9, Bruised x1, Stunned (Cannonade's Action), Staggered, 0 HP

SPARTOI 3 and 4: 9, Unharmed, 0 HP

Fenris is up next.