A Chance Meeting (IC)

Lone Star

"Stupid creature", Willow snapped at the Color Commando, eyes narrowed in spite. The vines wrapped around the dryad's right arm thickened and sprouted thorns as she lashed out at her flying foe, rapidly growing as they reached toward him! Two additional tendrils sprouted from the back of Willow's armor, twisting in anticipation.

Color Commando dodges the attack, swerving his colorful glider to one side. He spun around, his glider a few feet off the ground, and grinned in what appeared to be surprise.

Mad Dog walked up to him, his blue eyes intense with fury. "You strange little man. What the hell do you think you're doing? Get off that glider before I beat the crap out of you." The strangely garbed man wobbled on his glider, and managed to scoot it back a few feet, as if preparing to be run at. His eyes were full of fear, and a bead of sweat fell from his brow.

"All yours, Willow."

• 2 weeks later...

Willow didn't reply, not with words at least. The lashing tendrils that so narrowly missed the Color Commando simply detached from the arm of Willow's armor, falling way and rapidly decaying as more vines grew to once again encase the limb completely.

"Hold him," Willow suggested, her melodic soprano taking a hard, and cold, edge.

Mad Dog slowly walked up to the strangely-garbed man, cracking his knuckles. Color Commando tried to fend him off, but the leather-clad avenger blocked his blows as if his arms were pillows. "Come on, buddy. She's not gonna kill you, but she is going to hurt you. So chill out, okay?" He grabbed him, and held him in a half-Nelson.

"All yours, Willow."

Willow laid an armored hand on the Color Commando's chest, the thick vines that provide so much protection once again growing and wrapping around the villains torso. "In my youth," the dryad started, her voice laced with scorn, "I would have proved my friend here a liar. I would have crushed the life out of you in an instant, as if it were nothing, as if you were nothing." The dryad smiled sweetly at the Color Commander, and withdrew, the vines unwrapping themselves and flowing back to their original shape.

"And you are nothing, dust mote." The woody vines creaked as she made a fist and delivered a blow to the Commando's solar plexus. "But I am no longer young."

Color Commando's breath increased as she tightened her vines into a fist, and he was out like a light, crumpling in Mad Dog's arms. The hockey-masked vigilante unceremoniously dropped the colorful villain to the ground. "Well, that was mildly annoying. I'll call the police to pick him up." Mad Dog pulled out his cell phone and dialed the police. He enjoyed Willow's company, certainly, and it was interesting getting the viewpoint of someone who had been alive for so long. For Color Commando's sake, though, he was glad she was no longer young.