Latet anguis in herba (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your detect magic power, you can certainly sense that the two robed men are minor mystics, and the book they are consulting smells of magic too. The totem obviously does.

There is more magic than ever here, infernal source this time, not Una. Presumable this is the "intermediary" force that would allow Una to attack Earth "indirectly" somehow.

Mystic B is up then, who unfortunately is blinded and should have made a recovery roll on initiative 3

1d20+3=9 no chance.

Blinded he is, but a dispel magic spell he can still cast! Nullify 6 [All magic Effect] Burst.

This has no meaningful effect on the sword of heaven, for play purposes it fizzles out (he can always recast it next round). Similarly, has no meaningful effect on Etain, for now.

It will however act as counter-agent to his blindness. Rolling for the effects

Blindness [+9 Bonus] 1d20+9=11

Dispel [+6 Bonus] 1d20+6=15

Blindness dispelled! You can choose to burn a HP to keep it going (a reroll at 1d10+19 will automatically suceed in resisting) but I will leave that choice to you.

Now, Supercape's Initiative will move to 6... but it seems a bit unfair to make him skip this go, so I will say moves to 6 at the beginning of next round!

For reference, the totem is now largely drained of magic, although it was a vessel.

The book is magical, and references summoning a very powerful demon as per the pact, who would be bound to Una, but only given progressively more "Freedom" the more witchfolk it slays.

It will take some time (minutes) to scan the book, although Knowledge (Arcane Lore) rolls will progressively add to the story. Feel free to make one after a minutes scanning.

In addition, the whole area is becoming perfused with low level magic. A demon has been summoned...

I made an attack roll against the person who attacked Etain with the sword, she stabbed him in the chest during the first battle phase it's right there in the post. The clearing up Quinten's illusion is a free action since she had the reversible feat so her main action was the attack. The attack I rolled was 21, does it hit, and if it does, it's DC 25 will.

Bingo!

Well, I will award one HP as GM Fiat in that case, to avoid you getting everything instantly!

However, you get to know a lot.

An extremely powerful hunting demon has been summoned (choose your own names). He is, at present, confined to the relatively small area under Freedom City. The more witch folks, or mystical things, he destroys, the larger his prison becomes (eventually, if he kills enough, it will cover the whole earth, at which point he could allow Una to enter).

The beast is driven by an insatiable lust to kill mystics - whilst it is very intelligent, it is like a shark to blood in this regard.

Unfortunately, underneath Freedom City are various Crypts and old bones. Very poor fare, but enough for it to feed on to grow, and gain power to reach the surface.

Also in the book, somewhere (you haven't found yet) is the beast's true name...

GARGOYLE POWER LEVEL 4 / MINION RANK 4

Str 15 Dex 14 Con 18 Int 6 Wis 11 Cha 7

Skills: Notice 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+6)

Powers: Flight 1, Immunity 9 (life support), Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious)

Combat: Attack +4, Damage +4 (claws), Defense +2, Initiative +2

Saving Throws: Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Reflex +6, Will +4

Drawbacks: Power Loss (Flight, if wings are immobilized, –1 point)

Abilities 11 + Skills 2 (8 ranks) + Feats 0 + Powers 14 + Combat 12 +

Saves 9 – Drawbacks –1 = 47

That's the standard build for a gargoyle from the core book. I'm thinking of adding tracking for evil spirits as well. So lets see if I can't boost up the gargoyle then.

GARGOYLE

Str 20 Dex 14 Con 18 Int 10 Wis 15 Cha 7

Skills: Notice 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+6)

Powers: Flight 3, Immunity 9 (life support), Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious), Spirit Roar(Blast) 10 (Power Feats: Affects Insubstanial Extras: Area(Burst) 3) 32, Super-Sense(Mental) Evil Spirits/Magic 4 (Accurate, Counters Concealment 2, Tracking)

Combat: Attack +4, Damage +4 (claws), Spirit Roar +10, Defense +2, Initiative +2:

Saving Throws: Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Reflex +6, Will +4

Drawbacks: Power Loss (Flight, if wings are immobilized, –1 point)