Latet anguis in herba (OOC)

Supercape

It would probably qualify as a Trip attack

Effectively we are going into combat, surprise round. Two are cultists, Two (including the holder of the totem) are minor mystics.

Defence +1 for the flat footed leader.

A Trip attack is a melee attack. If it succeeds choose Strength or Dexterity and make a roll on that (I will give +2 advantage due to the surprise and the leader carrying the totem). The leader opposes with Strength, Dexterity, or Acrobatics.

Alternatively you may wish to do a disarm roll: again its a melee attack (or ranged at -4 to roll) and an opposed your damage vs defenders strength. If you were unarmed, you would have his weapon.

For reference, Initiative

1d20+1=5 for cultists

1d20+0=10 for Supercape

Also, the concealment wont break - we still have total invisibility!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1d20=3

Cultist is on his backside!

That's a significantly poor roll (fail by 10) and the totem is actually fairly heavy, 50lbs (Medium Load for STR up to 12), which means I am going to rule he drops it as he falls, especially as he was hugging it with one arm.

Medium Load: Maximum Dodge Bonus of +3, -3 penalty on all actions, Move 2/3 normal speed.

For Supercape's Action: Will Pick up the Totem (Move Action), and Irradiate the other Mystic

Fort Save: 1d20+3=20 amazingly, makes it.

Etain doesn't know ritualist, specifically I'm not sure you can classify her as a mage. She's rather powerful, but she uses her magic mostly without concequenses or bindings that other magic users might have for the simple fact that nothing she does is real, and has no lasting effects.

destroying the totem is a DC 20 Drain WIS effect, will save from the ghastly ghastliness.

1d20+8=24 for Supercape, the lucky beggar!

Also:

With one of the three totems destroyed, it is up to you at this point, it could be played out so all three have to be destroyed (I was thinking at least one would be found already broken), or merely by destroying one, the pact would be nullified. Your call - I'm happy to continue and maybe have a bust up with a demon (not Una) at the end.

Taking ten on the wisdom drain, which for Etain is an even 20.

Anyway, it would certianly make for a good bit of posts, given you are never short on posts for SC. If this continues I might make the hundred Club with Etain, which is perfectly fine with me. So continue with them teleporting back.

Una's pact is not written in detail, it just says after being defeated she cannot attack the earth "directly".

The idea here was that she made a get out clause with the Inquisition a few centuries ago, for help in hunting down witches. One that was never fully completed. If completed, it would summon a demon bound to Una through which should attack the Earth indirectly.