How to Conduct Yourself

quotemyname

Months ago, Maestro was defeated at the hands of Breakdown and his band. Maestro ended up being deafened in the process. Understandably, he still holds a grudge against Eddie Ozan.

I'd like to have another thread with him. Partially to explain the aftermath and how Maestro regained his hearing, and partially to get Eddie's heroic career back in action.

Who would be interested? Are there any refs that would be willing to run Maestro for this?

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for stepping up, Doc. I appreciate it :)

I was thinking maybe we could talk about that. It's obviously up to you to decide the manner in which Maestro returns to active duty. He presumably wouldn't be too active until he has his hearing back, so theoretically however that happens will play into his return. For instance if one of the other villains invents a device to support him, maybe he's teamed up with them? If however he discovers some new magic artifact or something, he might be using that, etc.

I have a few suggestions as to where. If he's actively out to get Breakdown, he might seek him out at:

1] The Millenium while he DJ's

2] Yet another concert he happens to be holding :argh:

3] His new public school (possibility of lots of innocent bystanders).

I kind of like option three best as of right now. We've done the concert thing already. Millennium I'm "meh" about. But saving his new school might be just the opportunity to show the hero community that he's still one of them.

As for how, I would assume Maestro's out for revenge. Or something more sinister and he's simply making it look like he's taking a personal shot at BD in order to disguise his efforts from the hero's or other jealous villains.

Thoughts?

Remind me, how did Breakdown deafen him? Just an Auditory Dazzle? If so, that would (eventually) heal on its own.

If something more, well, Maestro is already a member of a supervillain team (the Crime League) which features both a super-scientist (Doctor Simian) and a sorceress (Medea). There's also the possibility he wouldn't rush to get his hearing fixed -- look at all Beethoven did while deaf!

It was in fact Auditory Dazzle, but it was sustained, and a Crit. I did the math, and Shaen double checked it at the time. And it would be something like 6 months before he would be able to make the save if he rolled a twenty. Failing that, the next opportunity to save is a long time coming. And even then he still needs to roll a 19, etc. Given reasonable assumptions about probability it will be a long time before he recovers naturally. He would be long dead by the time he would have a 50/50 shot at making one of these saves (by rolling a 10).

And you may be onto something with that Beethoven thing, Doc. Maybe he decides to come after BD without his hearing to try and prove that he's as good or better than the famous composer!

• 3 weeks later...

Supercape is still up for this, of course! I will pose the question: Thats at least three PL 11-13 characters - Maestro will need some Zombie Octopus Cyborg henchmen or something...

If it would help (I'm not sure it would, but still), I could throw in Slick instead at PL 8.

... actually, yes, Slick would work better for what I have in mind :twisted:

It was in fact Auditory Dazzle, but it was sustained, and a Crit. I did the math, and Shaen double checked it at the time. And it would be something like 6 months before he would be able to make the save if he rolled a twenty. Failing that, the next opportunity to save is a long time coming. And even then he still needs to roll a 19, etc. Given reasonable assumptions about probability it will be a long time before he recovers naturally. He would be long dead by the time he would have a 50/50 shot at making one of these saves (by rolling a 10).

And you may be onto something with that Beethoven thing, Doc. Maybe he decides to come after BD without his hearing to try and prove that he's as good or better than the famous composer!

This is all true. Specifically, since Dazzle is a Lasting effect, it was a Sustained (Lasting) duration, which is a whole different ball game than a non-Lasting Sustained power.

However, as I've said before, The Maestro has several teammates on the Crime League with powers that could counter the Dazzle effect long before it would wear off naturally. And they'd probably charge him through the nose to do it. So The Maestro has just as much reason for hating Breakdown either way, but it's unlikely that he'll still be deaf by their next meeting.