Movie Night [IC]

Lone Star

"Mostly, yeah. I'm just trying to catch up in my basic subjects. I was semi-homeschooled for a long time, so it's been a little bit difficult. I have to admit though...Rift's been helping me out a lot. He's one smart guy. Probably can't hold a candle to you, though. He's smart, but he's not as focused as you are. What about you? What are your studies?" KC said as he slurped his drink.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica removed the plastic top to her cup and inhaled the caffeine scent and the warm steam. "Engineering stuff, mostly," she said. "I'm certified on CATIA and SolidWerks and AutoCAD. Been doing a lot of solo projects -- prof says 'Here's the problem, give me a solution in three weeks' kind of deal. And then there's the computer stuff. This semester, we have to program our own O/S and make it work with third-party products, like different video games and DirectX." She winked slyly at Blake. "I already did a bit of that with the suit, so I'm kinda ahead of the curve on that." She smiled like she'd just made a clever joke, instead of casually admitting to making her own operating system before she could drink.

Blake's eyes widened. "Damn. That's crazy. I was never a real math and science guy myself. But I'm working on it. I'm in algebra and doing some calculus. It's pretty tricky most of the time, but I can usually wrap my head around it." He slurped his drink, and finished it off. Blake stood up, and tossed it in the nearest trashcan, and sat back down with her. "Nice and warm now?" He put his hand over hers.

Jessica stood and left the drink container there, confident that the barrista would clean it up. "Yep," she chirped, the caffeine making her feel a little more hyper than normal. "So what do you want to do with the rest of the night? I've got an hour or so before I need to be home." She stepped close to Blake, taking his arm with both hands and pressing her arm against his body.

Jessica walked out into the night, shivering slightly and slipping under Blake's arm. She felt her heart rate increasing, both from the caffeine and the physical proximity of a cute boy. "I've got a standing invite to a club, but I don't think we can get in there just yet." She started guiding him back to the movie theater. "My truck's here. We can go see if those parks look good in the evening, too."

"Mmm. I dunno. Movie was kind of a bust -- not your fault, but true. Maybe go to a park? Have a picnic? Or go to the Boardwalk?" She grinned at Blake. "Have you upset any killer clowns lately?"

Jessica's truck was a massive SUV, done in black and chrome. She unlocked the doors with a wave of the key fob and slipped into the leather driver's chair. She touched something like a laser pointer to the steering column and it started at once, the engine rumbling quietly. She shifted into reverse and started backing out the space, keeping her foot on the brake pedal. "So just where is this park, anyway?"

Blake put on a sinister voice. "They all float down here! But a picnic might be nice. We can make some sandwiches and I'll do a few sketches of you. It'll be really nice to get away from the city and enjoy nature." As Jessica drove, Blake pointed to her left. "Right around this corner. It's pretty close." As Jessica drove them towards the park, Blake noticed that she had an incredibly nice car. He was almost absorbed in the leather seat.

Jessica gave Blake a kind of blank look at the reference, but she followed his directions closely enough. She cut the curb a bit too close as she pulled into the lot, but most of the picnicking families were already gone and there were plenty of spots open. She parked and stepped out of the car, inhaling the scent of growing things and the distant ocean. She stepped away from the vehicle and the parking lot, turning her gaze until it was filled with green, living things. "This is nice," she said quietly, almost wondering. She spent so much time absorbed in technology and metal, sometimes she forgot how peaceful and pretty a bunch of plants could be.

"It sure is. This is one of my favorite parks." He took her hand as he led her down the path into the deeper forest. The inside of the park was lush, and they seemed to be cut off from the world. The trees towered above them, and Blake felt very small in comparison. "It's really a nice night out. If you'll allow me to be corny for a moment, you look lovely in the moonlight."

Jessica slipped an arm around Blake and let his arm go around her back. Her skin was covered in goosebumps, but overall it was quiet enjoyable. She blushed at Blake's compliment, ducking her head and grinning. "You're just saying that because you've got my arm around me," she said, "and you've saved my life tonight. So you look really cute right now."

Jessica stopped, surprise on her face quickly turning to excitement. Her heart started jackhammering against her chest, and she moved her face towards Blake's, twisting just at the last moment so instead of their noses smashing together, their faces interlocked perfectly. She stood there for a moment, hands at her sides, lips pressed against Blake's heart beating so fast it was almost painful and every inch of her skin tingling. The moment seemed to stretch for eternity, and when they finally parted she just stood there for a moment, staring and breathing heavily. "Wow," she said finally. "So that's what kissing is supposed to feel like."

The question washed over her like a warm breath, and on an impulse and stepped even closer to Blake, until the front of their bodies were pressed together. She rested her forehead against his and said, softly, "Blake Salazar, after something like that do you think I'm going to let you go? After just one night?" She canted her mouth in close against, kissing him softly again.

Jessica made a small, surprised sound when Blake put a hand behind her head, but instead of moving away she stepped closer, pressing her body up against his. Once he broke off the kiss she concentrated on breathing, her chest moving in short gasps, smelling herself and Blake, her head whirling with what had just happened. When Blake -- my boyfriend my boyfriend oh-my-god I have a boyfriend -- suggested moving off somewhere, she simply swallowed and nodded quickly. She took his hand and intertwined their fingers, staying close.

The two walked hand in hand, listening to the sounds of the forest. The path wound deeper and deeper into the forest, the night sky now black above them. After a few more minutes of walking, they approached a clearing. There were a few park benches and tables, and a clear view of the lake. The bright moon reflected against the waters, causing them to shimmer. The air brushed their hair as Blake put his arm around her waist. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Jessica followed Blake into the forest, not trying to track the different noises, simply absorbing and accepting the cacophony of life all around them. As they stood there next to the benches, in the light of the sliver of moon left in the sky, she laid her head on Blake's and put her hand to his chest, feeling his heartbeat. Her mouth curved into a simple, uncomplicated smile as she just stood there. "It's beautiful," she said, obviously not referring to the view.

He looked back at her. "Yes she is." he said, taking a seat in the park bench with her. He put his arm around her shoulder and sat close to her, enjoying the sounds of the river. Some birds flew overhead, and they heard their gentle night song. Time seemed to freeze around them. The city was far away from them, with all of the stresses and bills and cars and difficulties. It was nice, just the two of them outside.

Jessica sat there, one leg and the side of her body pressed against Blake, their arms and fingers intertwined. The night was peaceful, and it was the perfect balm for the turmoil inside of her. It was a good sort of turmoil, compared to everything else that could've happened that night, but as the pair of them sat there her stomach settled and her heart rate slowed. After a moment she leaned close and whispered in his ear, not wanting to break the perfect silence of the moment. "I really shouldn't say this," she said, her breath warm in the cold night, "but I kinda wish I was a couple years older." She blushed again and ducked her head, watching Blake out of the corner of her eye.

He wasn't expecting that. Blake pulled his shirt down over his jeans. "You're bad." he whispered in her ear. "But not on the first date." he said, and grinned devilishly. "Although...that kissing thing was pretty nice. Let's do some more of that." he said, his breath quickening. He leaned over towards her, and kissed her hard.

Jessica made a surprised sound, then for a few minutes there were only the soft sounds of their lips and tongues. Eventually they parted, leaving Jessica's lips feeling too large and needing to be kissed. She rested her forehead against Blake's, brushing the hair out of his eyes so she could see them both at once. She swallowed hard and, after a moment's consideration, said, "My birthday's in June. Early June."

Blake's heart almost stopped."I'll save it for you, Jessica." He sat with their foreheads touching, close together for some time, his hands stroke her hair. It became quiet outside. It was a wonderful moment for Blake. He was with a beautiful girl, his girlfriend now. He was happy. "Do you need to be back anytime soon?"