Case of the Mondays (IC)

Lone Star

"Yeah, I know him," Erin nodded. "I babysit for his kid, that's how I paid for this vet visit," she added with a half smile. "It's sort of a small town as far as heroes go. If you don't know one particular hero, you probably know at least one person who knows them. There are more heroes here than in any other city, but that's still not a very big crowd, you know? We wouldn't even fill a conference room at the Holiday Inn. Are you going to join his team?"

"He's got a team? Wicked awesome. What's it called? Oh...uh...do you have his cell number? You know those dark avenger types, they never leave any information behind. I just wanted to leave him a message." Gregory said as he contemplated how well that would go over. He was going on patrol tonight for sure. It had been far too long.

"Um, I can't really give that out," Erin admitted. "Secret identity and all that. But if you want," she suggested, "you can give me a number to reach you at, and I'll give it to him? Probably easier to do that than to try and find him, he's very sneaky. He has a bad habit of hiding in the corners of rooms and just popping out randomly whenever he feels like saying something. It's kind of annoying, but it's his house, so what are you gonna do, you know?" she shrugged. "Anyway, he'll probably call you back."

"Sure." Gregory said, and gave her his cell phone number. "I guess it'd be pretty cool to get a call from a superhero. Tell him I'll start coming out more nights, maybe we can patrol a little more. I'd like to know more about his team, too. That sounds like something I'd like to be a part of. It's quite difficult fighting crime when you don't have any powers. Umm...if I may ask, are you a superhero?"

"Yeah," Erin said matter of factly. "I'm on Young Freedom, but I usually stand in the back for the pictures. My code name is Wander." Young Freedom had some degree of fame in Freedom City, mostly due to Edge's charismatic way with the media, but Erin never really expected anyone to recognize her. A lot of the biggest stuff they'd done was stuff that no one ever knew about or remembered. That was sort of the way it was, doing hero work, she guessed. "I graduate next year, then I guess I'll try and join the Freedom League."

Gregory blinked, and squinted. "Oh wow, that's really you! For some reason, I couldn't recognize you. That's funny, you don't even wear a mask. Huh. But yeah, I actually do know who you are. Good luck joining the Freedom League, Wander. I'm sure you'll do just fine." He smiled at her.

"Here's hoping," she said with a half-smile, cuddling the now-content and perfectly normal-looking cat in her arms. With his ordeal over and the crate not threatening, Oliver seemed happy to close his eyes and purr for his person. "I'll pass your number on to Avenger next time they ask me to babysit," she promised. "Thanks for taking care of Oliver." She nudged open the door with her hip and headed out, back towards the shiny blue truck.