Three Generations [IC]

Huang nodded slowly as she began to shuffle through the papers letting her read for herself what he had found.

As she looked over the pages she saw a painstaking transcription of the notes and journals of the alchemist responsible for not only Empress Wu's 'childrens' creation but also much of their early care. It also included much of the grisly details of them falling to their baser instincts.

"It was deep in the imperial archives and as I said I do not know to what extent it will hold true for your son." Huang said appeasingly once the shuffle of papers ceased, "The creature the empress captured eventually broke free and destroyed the progeny before vanishing into whatever dark realm they had pulled it from."

Taylor's brow knit in ever greater concern as she flipped back and forth through the spidery transcription and sighed when she finally set it down. Her hands curled around the baby protectively, "I... don't think I'll show Jack that one. We'll find a way around any problems. It's what we do."

Surely, if they could save the world on a regular basis, they could keep their only child safe. Not only from the world, but from his own dark legacy. "Thank you, Uncle. It's better to prepare for trouble that might occur than have it catch you unawares."

Huang nodded slowly in response with a small smile on his lips, "As young Master Danger used to say, Be Prepared." he said with a laugh. He glanced over his shoulder studiously keeping his eyes to her face, "You may have a better way, and he was not wrought with blood sorcery so he may have a better chance." he shrugged as he looked away once more. "I'm sure you'll manage." he added with a gracious smile.

"No, I didn't use any sorcery at all, that's the strange part of all of it." Taylor said with another huffed sigh and smiled despite herself at the soft grumbling noises as the baby settled into actually sleep. Taylor covered her skin back up carefully and settled Jack Jr. a bit more comfortably in her arms. "He was a surprise... just like normal people have although in this case it was ever so much more surprising."

In someways it was a relief to talk the mystical end of it with someone who understood, "We'll manage. It's too important to do anything but manage."

Huang smiled and let out a small laugh, "That it is." he agreed. "Well you have many more resources than even the Mad Empress at your disposal so I'm sure a way can be found." he said confidently. Huang then settled back into his chair and pulled out a small notebook that he off handedly scribbled in, "Just let me know when the little guys ready to return and we'll come up with a suitably longwinded tale for me to have bored you to tears with." he says with a warm smile.

"We're ready," Taylor said, tucking the transcript safely into the void before she stood up carefully with the much more complacent infant. She leaned in to brush a kiss over Huang's wrinkled cheek, "Thank you, Uncle. Not just for the information, but for understanding."

Her great uncle slowly stood with a warm smile, "I have seen stranger things in my years Zee." he said kindly, "You have a difficult path ahead and are family." he said simply though she could tell he was less certain of her course than she was he was willing to let her choices stand regardless. "Now lets get back down there your father will never forgive me if I monopolize his grandson all afternoon.' he said with an easy smile and followed her down stairs to the rest of the family.