Fisticuffs 2: Gossamer vs Wesley (IC)

Before the fight began, Gossamer used long strands of her hair to set up several battered Marshall stacks around the arena, stringing cables under the seats, back and around to a digital playback system. She looked over her shoulder and smiled at the gathered crimefighters as she checked all the wiring.

"Anyone who wants to use this equipment can feel free, and don't worry if something gets broken; it can all be trashed."

Once the blonde heroine made sure the last lead was in place, she stepped to the edge of the ring, nodding happily as the first guitar chords of Dokken's 'Tooth and Nail' began to growl loudly through the speakers. She shook her head, and her amazing locks spread out behind her like a menacing line of golden storm clouds. Her pleasant smile was in direct contract to the writhing mass of shimmering strands she commanded.

"Are you ready, Knight?"

Unsure of her opponents full abilities, she chose to start simple, firing a thick golden pseudopod at blinding speed right at his chest.

Wesley is caught unaware and takes the pseudopod directly to the chest. Fortunately he proves much tougher than the hairy heroine estimated. He stops for a moment. "Wait a second," he smiles, "Wow, this is a quite a pleasure. I've never got to meet someone I've watched on TV before. I mean, yeah, you see heroes everyday, but this is the first time I've met a character in real life." Wesley begins to glow a light aura of orange, "I've seen your anime. I've actually played you in a video game." Suddenly, Gossamer begins to glow the same shade of orange! "Though I must apologize, I never got the hang of it. I'm more of a grappler type user." The aura wracks through Gossamer's body tiring her out ever so much, "Ironic, huh?"

"Wait a second," he smiles, "Wow, this is a quite a pleasure. I've never got to meet someone I've watched on TV before. I mean, yeah, you see heroes everyday, but this is the first time I've met a character in real life." Wesley begins to glow a light aura of orange, "I've seen your anime. I've actually played you in a video game." Suddenly, Gossamer begins to glow the same shade of orange! "Though I must apologize, I never got the hang of it. I'm more of a grappler type user." The aura wracks through Gossamer's body tiring her out ever so much, "Ironic, huh?"

A wave of exhaustion sweeps over the beautiful scientist as Wesley's power saps her of energy; her body sags and she doubles over like a runner after a marathon, hands on her knees.

"Whoa!"

Even her hair seems a bit listless as she stands back up, her face slightly flushed. "That is so unfair!" She laughs as she shakes her head. "You don't even have to touch me! Oh well, who said life was fair?"

She began to pace out a large circle, keeping her eyes fixed on her unpredictable foe.

"By the way, if my little digital persona doesn't grapple in that game, I should probably sue; it's only my signature attack!"

She sighed ruefully.

"I knew I should have opted for the motion capture! Oh well, c'est la vie!"

And with that, she sent tendrils up into the structural supports over the arena, hoisted herself into the air, did a backflip, and dropped behind Wesley, sweeping a glittering swath of fibers over her shoulder in his direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah. Wesley grunted a little as the hair tentacles held him, he used to do this all the time to the bad guys, now it was happening to him! Try as he might, his struggle against the hair tentacles was futile. So he did one of the only things he could do to escape the grasp. He and Gossamer began to glow that same orange color, though this time it seemed to be a bit weaker, like it wasn't as strong as it was last time.

The beautiful blonde wagged a finger at her prey.

"Oh no you don't, mister! Not this time; this time, I put the squeeze on you."

And with that, she began to apply just a little pressure as the golden threads slid around his torso, coiling tighter and tighter.

"Let's see if I can take a little wind out of you for a change\!"

Estelle was starting to enjoy herself, but was being very careful not to do any permanent damage to the sweet young man.