Massive Explosion in Riverside! [OOC]

Fire burns her insubstantial form because its opposed to the dark eldritch energy she uses. Her magic is very shadow-based. Heshem is all about brining a light to the darkness but Phantom's powers are entirely based on Heshem's darkness so the opposed light, in this case fire, burns her.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if your chars have absolutely no other way of learning of the blast. There's lots to do in Riverside, several reasons either of your chars might already be in the area.

Well, Thunder's just waking up and checking the news right about the time of the blast. I think I'll take the (probably unintended) hint and assume that she's in the shower through the whole thing. Time to introduce the Mariner. :D

Malice had just gotten out of the shower. It's only 10am, he just finished his morning routine and went downstairs to get some work done, then BOOM!!! There goes everything. The sympathy however gets a little mitegated however when you realize "work" means "plotting to destroy the vanguards of Truth, Justice and the American way".

Malice had just gotten out of the shower. It's only 10am, he just finished his morning routine and went downstairs to get some work done, then BOOM!!! There goes everything. The sympathy however gets a little mitegated however when you realize "work" means "plotting to destroy the vanguards of Truth, Justice and the American way".

Completely off-topic, but I dislike that phrase as a superhero motto (well, obviously not for Cap). I've seen too many strips of the Justice League, Superman especially, operating on an international scale to see them as American symbols.

Just a quick head count to make sure I've got everyone sorted out

Myself - PL 12

Arrowhawk - PL 11

Dr. Metropolis - PL 11

Avenger - PL 12

Dark Star - PL 11

Phantom - PL 10

Ace Danger - PL 10

The Mariner - PL 6

Sen - PL 6

I miss anyone and/or are we expecting anyone else?

This thread already seems pretty crowded, so I intentionally wrote my post in such a way as to provide two options: Either it can be a one-shot cameo, or it can lead to deeper involvement with the story in progress. I'm fine with either alternative.

Oh I'm not concerned about the thread being crowded. There should be a healthy mix of looking for survivors, giving them medical attention, and combating/cornering Malice to go around. Reminds me of the fight scene in matrix reloaded where all the Smiths keep coming out of the woodwork.

Once on the scene, The Scarab will make use of her ESP to search the area and assess the situation. She'll Take 10 on any relevant Notice or Search checks (DC30).

An extended search of an area 1 mile in diameter with Rapid 3 (x1,000) will take her 3.6 seconds, easily fitting within a single combat round.

The Scarab will fly down to the injured young man's room and burn her Hero Point for +5 ranks of Medicine, giving her a +10 total bonus. She should be able to take 10 successfully now for just about every application of the skill short of surgery.

She will then do her best to diagnose and tend to his wounds. Once he is stable, she will use her Telekinesis to gently lift him up out of his bed and out through the hole in his roof. She will then fly him to the nearest source of medical help, whether that be an ambulance or even the nearest hospital itself.

Phantom realizes three things about these tears.

The first is that there's no trace of any magical radiation.

Secondly, the tears are all completely random. Almost every single one leads to a different dimension.

Lastly, and mercifully, most of the tears seem to be closing on their own, and none appear, at this time, to be growing larger.

The Scarab is going to Fatigue herself by using Extra Effort for a power stunt off her Psionics array.

I'm not entirely certain what specific form that new alternate power should take. Basically, I want to turn her into a psychic switchboard and "eye in the sky" for everyone. Invite everyone into her mind, so they can converse telepathically with her and each other freely, sharing words, images, and sensory input with each other. So the assembled heroes can better coordinate the relief & rescue efforts.

*Pulls out Paragon's book*

I believe Doc is refering to "Network"

Telepathy 10 (200,000 miles; Extras: Area, Durationâ€â€Continuous; Flaws: Limitedâ€â€To people he’s touched; Power Feats: Selective, Subtle),

Comprehend 3 (Languages; Extras: Area, Linked to Telepathy, Usable by Others; Power Feats: Subtle)

The only other true mentalist they have is Mindbender, and I don't see anything like what Shaen's describing, with the exception of the Telelocation power UP 196.

OK, here's what I've come up with for the power stunt:

Group Telepathy 4 (Feats: Selective, Subtle)

32PP

Communication 4 (Mental, 1 mile, Extras: Affects Others, Area)

12PP

Comprehend 1 (Languages 1 [speak Any], Extras: Affects Others, Area)

4PP

Mind Reading 1 (Extras: Action 2 [Free], Affects Others, Area, Sensory Link, Simultaneous, Flaws: Limited [sensory Link])

6PP

Quickness 8 (x500, Extras: Affects Others, Area, Flaws: Limited 2 [search])

8PP

If I've built this correctly, every hero within 1 mile of The Scarab and the epicenter of the explosion should be able to converse freely and quietly with anyone else. You can broadcast point-to-point with a single person, or simultaneously to any number of people within the area. Language barriers shouldn't be an issue. And with the Mind Reading effect, "what one sees, all see." Though if for some reason you don't want your allies to benefit from your sensory input, a rank 1 effect is easy to resist.