The Quicker You Start, The Quicker You'll Finish

Ecalsneerg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrowhawk moved quickly around the room lookin g for a way to open the bookcase. It didn'T take him long to find the small button under teh desk that once push swung the bookcase open to reveal an elevator.

A quick look at the light indicated that the elevator went down to a sub-basement. A button to call the elevator back to this floor was on the wall next to it.

The elevator opened after a short while to reveal a small empty space. Stepping into the elevator, Arrowhawk notes that there was only a button to head down to the subbasement. The size of the eleveator is fairly small, only large enough for two people at the most which gives the impression it was mostly for personal use. The doors did not have windows on them so heading down could be dangerous if someone was waiting for him to come.

It doesn'T take the elevator long to reach the sub basement. As the doors begin to open, Arrowhawk takes up a defensive posture. It seems the added percaution passes off as a blast of electricity flies by his head.

With the doors open, Arrowhawk sees that he is in a room filled with tables and boxes. Upon the tables are clear packages of white powder. Before the door a short distance away, Arrowhawk sees the source of the electric blast. A costumed man with his arm pointed at the open elevator stood before the tables. Beyond the man, another door could be seen.

"Looks like I get to work for my paycheck after all. I hope you turn out to be worth the effort."

Arrowhawk moves like lightning, moving out of the small elevator and shooting his arrow. The blow catches the armored man squarely and a grunt of pain escapes his lips. The man shakes his head, trying to bear through the pain. Unfortunately, the action left him open to Arrowhawk.

Seeing Arrowhawk's condition, the man laughed again.

"You heroes always think you're so tough. Built to wipe out everything that stands in your way. Well I've got news for you, buddy. This city has had enough of your kind running around interfering with our business!"

The man brings his fist right onto Arrowhawk's chin.

Arrowhawk's blow was well placed, hitting the man in the face. Unfortunately, the blow was unable to affect him.

"Talk. All talk. You already look like you're going to fall flat on your face. Your punches don't even have anything left in them anymore. You're done hero."

The man brings his fist around again, connecting once more. "Soon, we'll have everything we need to set our plans in motion and you'll be the first casualty!"

The man stepped back from the blow and activated his light pack. As he gained altitude, he aimed his wrist blaster at Arrowhawk.

"I grow weary of this. Its time you drop, hero." With his blaster raised, he fired at Arrowhawk, hitting again. He landed on the second floor out of reach of Arrowhawk.