So let's do a Birds of Prey thing

I've been mulling over (for over a literal year now) having Terrifica put together a team of sorts. Now I know, a proper team has to have players that'll commit to working with each other long term. So my solution is...let's not do that. Terrifica's an obsessive investigator. She's got more leads on crime than she can personally handle. Even looping in @Heritage's Miracle Girl (her protege and friend) isn't quite enough. So I say let her form a network of heroic contacts. A rotating cast of folks that handle street level crime. If we do it right, Terrifica herself doesn't have to be a presence in every thread. The only caveat is that your hero should be 18 years of age or older. Terrifica is not having that "private chat" with Headmistress Summers again. What do you say?

Well, if Hypno-Hippie gets approved, she'll have to start somewhere, as she is relatively new and thus pretty inexperienced. Hence, it would make sense to start at the street level, then eventually earn her way into fighting larger threats. Unless, of course, you guys think she clashes with the intended tone of this team. What do you think?

For the record, the power scale (not necessarily tone, mind) I had in mind sits more around Daredevil and the more mundane Batclan adventures. Meaning you'll be going up against street thugs and other mostly human enemies. I'd prefer heroes on that power scale too, if we can manage it.  Miracle Girl is probably about far above that as I'm willing to go. Again, if it's possible.

Also, as a more general thing. I don't plan to fully run these. I don't mind plotting, really. Telling stories is lovely. But I've come to realize the bookkeeping part of combat really annoys me. So if I could get a volunteer to co-GM (or just do it entirely from a short plot summary) that would be, well, terrific. :D I'll even help you out, if it comes to that.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Miss Grue is currently attached to the other Birds of Prey like team in Freedom City, though I am sure neither Eve or the rest of the Castle crew would mind if Daphne stretched her legs some.

After all, it's mostly my ennui that's keeping the team from doing anything.

7 hours ago, Sylinator said:

Darn, apparently missed the opportunity to join. Oh well. I'm sure there'll be other opportunities down the line. Or, failing that, other teams.

...no? The thread posted above is still OPEN, which means anyone can post in it at any time. This means you too, TA.

On March 29, 2018 at 9:14 AM, EternalPhoenix said:

...no? The thread posted above is still OPEN, which means anyone can post in it at any time. This means you too, TA.

That's good. I didn't want it to feel like my character was intruding at the worst imaginable time.

Do you already have a name for this Birds of Prey-style supergroup, or are you still trying to come up with one? If you need one, I could toss around a few ideas for names, if you want.