Mistaken Controls

BlazingCoconut

As they walked out of the park, Zhu shook her head, "oh no, that's fine.  It's not really personal at all.  I was born in China and just moved here last summer."  She shrugged a little not quite sure how to put how hard it had been to move, "I miss home, but I have met some wonderful people here.  So I try to look forward not backwards."

Then sighing just a little, "I suppose sometimes I feel like there's not too many people here that really understand me, but it got a lot better when I started school back in November.  Since then, I met my roomie, who's as awesome as it gets.  I have a mentor, and a lot of friends.  So in that respect it's better than what I had when I was back home.  Do people normally not want to talk about that?"

They had turned down the street and were heading in the direction of one of the busier hubs in the neighborhood.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm glad to hear that you're adjusting to living here relatively well. I was technically 'born' in Freedom City but moving from the digital world to the physical world was a difficult  transition," Replica admitted.

While walking into Bayview's more populated streets Replica noticed all the other people that were walking along the streets as well. Most were on their phones, but others were seemingly laughing with friends, making small-talk or window shopping. Many of them were younger people, teenagers in fact. Checking her internal GPS, Replica realized that they were near Claremont Academy. She didn't know much about the boarding school beyond what was public information, but there were rumors that the school wasn't all that it seemed to be. 

Her thirst for knowledge suddenly peaked she decided to ask Alexa about the school. "You mentioned you go to Claremont, Alexa. What's it like there? I've heard some pretty interesting things about it."

Zhu smiled happily, "it's really wonderful.  The teachers really go out of their way to help you learn... and they're really good at helping students with unique problems."

As they approached the grounds where the school was she continued speaking, happy to walk along the street on the nice wide sidewalk, "I think the best part is all of the people that go there.  They're really motivated to learn and while they don't all get along, it still seems everyone gets the point of their education.  Oh!  The science labs are completely top notch too.  I've made some revisions to the botnet and at least one model was designed there.  We could stop in if you want to like, check out my room or see what the grounds look like?"

As they walked up towards the main gate, she asked, "where do you live then?"

Replica considered the offer for a few microseconds before declining. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I'd be out of place there," she said kindly. "Perhaps you could show me around at an another time?" 

Returning to walking towards the gym, Replica wondered what would it would be like if she attended the school. Alexa seemed to like it there and the school obviously had no lack for technical schooling if she was impressed by it.

Replica could have always made a 'younger' body so that she could attend. Perhaps doing so would have saved her some social embarrassment and allowed her interact with other people whose sense of place in the world was just beginning to form. She put those thoughts aside though. She couldn't make a new body even if she wanted to and besides had had grown accustomed to being Cynthia Wright. 

"I currently in the North End, but plan on moving to Hanover. The North End is closer to where I work, but Hanover is the city's district for high-tech and electronics," Briefly stopping to contemplate her deeper reasons for moving she said, "Plus, my creator used to live there. I'm hope being around the area might turn up some clues about what happened to him." Moving away from that subject quickly she asked, "How about you?" Do you live at Claremont or somewhere else?"

Nodding, she turned back towards the gym, "well, during the school year I live at Claremont, but in the summer I go back to my parents."  She smiled, "I think it's going to be a bit of an adjustment.  I've started to get used to being responsible for myself and having the freedom to do what I want.  Besides, I'm going to miss Lexa when I do.  Well and the classes, I love taking the classes there, even if I'm quite a bit ahead of where they are right now.  But yeah, I don't mind showing you around."

They walked up the road for bit, getting closer to the gym, "I'm sorry to hear about your... creator.  That's a shame.  I mean, I can help you there if you want.  Two heads being better than one and all that."

The parking lot of the gym had tons of cars and people coming and going.  Most of them had pretty fancy clothing and while Zhu wasn't drastically out of place, she did feel a bit conscious about her plain black yoga pants and thin base layer.  "Well this is it!  I think I still have a guest pass to get you in.  We might have to be creative to get you something more appropriate to wear though..."