Sea Devil: 23

Devil Ray: 25

Devil Ray: 25 

Sea Devil: 23 

Singularity: 19

SFX: 12 

Devil Ray: 

attacks Sea Devil's power-stunted Force Construct 

He does DC 27 Tou - which means the rank 10 construct is now injured (i.e., it's taking hits) 

Sea Devil: 

can't act, because she's maintaining the Force Construct 

Singularity is up as soon as I post IC.

Okay, let's see here, what are we gonna do with poor ol' Singularity? 

Powerful Intimidate, with move-action penalty. It's a bad roll but a good modifier, for an 18.

Standard action is going to be whacking him with her bat. All Out Power Attack for 3 

And I rolled a one! That is the worst. Luckily, Aquaria graciously lends Singularity an HP from her supply. 

She gets a 26. Damage is increased by 3, and her defense will be dropped by 3 till next round. 

New Round: 

Devil Ray: 

Retreats from Singularity and blasts the force field - I'll say it breaks without rolling and give Sea Devil an HP. 

Sea Devil: 

Sea Devil spends the HP to repair the damage that power stunting off her armor did. 

She's going to try blasting Devil Ray. 

Standard: 22

Tou vs 23 

http://orokos.com/roll/583811 = 10! 

Failed by 13. Okay, he's bruised and staggered. That's going to drop him out of the sky and back to ground level.

Singularity is up again as soon as I post IC. 

Singularity is going to move in and attempt to grapple Devil Ray so one of her buddies can finish him off. 

This time she's going to do a Fast Acrobatic Bluff, using her skill mastery in Acrobatics, so he will need a DC 26 check to avoid being flat-footed. 

Next she will do an All-Out Grapple Attack vs Devil Ray. That''s a 27.

Which means a Grapple Check as well. In which Jessie steals and spends Aquaria's other HP. She gets a 38.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I like keeping the 30 there.  That sounds like a nice round result!

Master Plan Check: 1d20+5 = 13

Also, just because: Invention roll for something really cool to swim and breathe under water.  1d20+16 = 36!  (I should have invented a sub!)
DC 17 - [Linked Powers: 7PP Container]

Immunity 3 (Nano Skin Suit; Environmental Conditions [High Pressure, Cold], Suffocation) 3PP

Swimming 4 (Temporary Webbed Hands and Feet) 4 PP

Spending the HP to make sure that she doesn't take 2 days to do this.  So DC 25.

Edited by BlazingCoconut

Online Research: 

The spot where you're going has been abandoned by private business since roughly the turn of the millennium. It's been used as a known supervillain stronghold from time to time in the last decade, but even they've largely moved on since the mid-2010s or so. 

Deep Ones. Deep Ones are problematic. They're a race of degenerate Atlanteans who live beneath the sea, worshiping strange gods and practicing unholy rites on each other. They've been at war with Atlanteans for centuries and they've invaded the surface world several times, either on their own or through third parties. They're predators who eat the bodies of the dead, both their own and those of other sentients, and they practice human sacrifice - and worse things, if you can trust the old stories. Rumor has it that they are an apocalyptic death cult who wait for the day when the stars will be right and the seas will cover the land, and the reign of their dark gods Dagon and Hydra can begin. 

It's hard to recognize Aquaria, or her horror at the violation of her people's legacy, in the predatory beasts SFX encounters on the page. But there are hints of other things - most of the accounts of Deep One barbarism come from stories of the Atlanteans who they've been warring against for centuries, or from the pages of deranged pulp fiction writers. There are pictures of beautiful, albeit censored psychedelic art art and recordings of half-heard songs of great power, like whalesong from a thousand throats, or frogsong from a vasty deep. Still, the carnage inflicted by Deep Ones when they invade is quite real - but on the other hand, they've done nothing to human beings that human beings haven't done to themselves...

• 3 weeks later...

The tribe sound extremely angry at Aquaria for bringing Surfacers to their territory - 

"Where is your _mate_, mammal-lover?" (The literal translation of the last phrase is actually 'dolphin's whore', Lemurian is extremely evocative!) is being thrown around. Aquaria is reminding them of how she saved them from Surfacers before; why don't they trust her now, when she has brought them food? Should she bite them in their cloaca to show them she means business? What do they mean by ignoring her gifts, when her blood has spilled for them?

An easy Sense Motive check may help you here, alder - passing it will let you see that 

This is not actually hostile, but it is tense - she gets the feeling that Deep Ones greeting each other tend to strut their stuff like bullfrogs competing with each other, or sharks snapping teeth.