Description
Apparent Age: Mid-Teens
Ethnicity: Caucasian / Asian
Height: 4'11"
Weight: Varies, typically around 115 lbs
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black

Appearance
An extremely short, and rather slender looking teenage girl, Cheri would be a somewhat athletic school-age girl in all respects. Not particularly athletic nor slovenly she spent the vast majority of her life being considered a pretty but otherwise average girl. When her mutation struck, her body warped somewhat, growing thinner and leaner and her formerly brown eyes moving to a pinkish red. The most drastic, of course, is the animal-like characteristics she's become well known for around the Academy. While it is typically those of a rabbit, her body takes on the various attributes of whatever she is channeling sometimes multiple breeds and styles if she requires further power. As such, she's become something of a fluffball. Her body is laced with an extremely thin white fur, almost looking like another layer of flesh to the untrained eye. 

Power Descriptions
While channeling, Cheri typically takes on aspects. Her upper arms might grow bear fur when she needs strength, or a cat's tail when she requires finesse and quiet. While these mutations can come and go, her default state appears to be a lithe and nimble rabbit. This could simply be her comfort zone, or her mutations default state as it appears to have had the most effect on her body in general.

History
Daughter of a rather well off pair, Cheri's life has been mostly filled with softness and ease. She was brought up with tutors and prep schools and kept far from any danger that she could perceive. It allowed her to be at peace but extremely sheltered to the world around her. It wasn't until she started to become a teenager did she even begin to question anything of her lifestyle. Everything had been provided so easily, and the news was constant flurries of action of superhuman feats that she only wished she could see for herself one day. The guards around the estate had always been cold, but she saw them to be more... dangerous as she grew older, and slowly began to understand that for all the simple pleasures her life was afforded, her actual freedom was the price she had paid. There was no leaving the estate except for her classes, no hanging out with less well off friends, or exploring the grand city without a posse of her caretakers. It was only through the rebellious need to know more that she barged in on her father's office, finding him in a state she couldn't comprehend. Masked and wearing some ensemble she'd never seen, he had just finished a video call with his men. His face was the terrifying visage of the Tremor, secretive underworld boss who was known for literally striking fear into the hearts of his enemies. This strange power was struck into Cheri in a rage, who fled back to the safety of her room. The heightened emotions perfect for adolescent's mutation. Taking on aspects similar to the pet rabbit she cared for, she became something quite bizarre, and upon realizing what had happened, her first test of these capabilities would be escaping the mansion she knew as home, and fleeing into the city itself.

Now  on her own for the first time, and looking as bizarre as she was, it wasn't any surprise she'd picked up attention. Lucky for her, it was exactly the right kind of attention she needed. After making her first attempted outing 'superheroing' she was quickly detained by the veterans of the city, and held by the authorities. Unwilling to betray her father, despite their last encounter, she kept quiet about any of her recent circumstances. She was held for quite some time, before her parents were eventually contacted. When she was face to face with her father once more, Cheri had summoned enough courage to make her ultimatum. Let her be free to grow, and use these powers, or she would tell the police everything that she knew. While it wasn't a particularly perfect solution, her courage earned her the leeway of attending the Claremont Academy for the time being, in hopes that perhaps she could be a useful asset in time.

Personality & Motivation
Cheri typically comes off as being fairly reserved. She is the type to stand back, take in information and act, rather than trying to involve herself in the drama of a moment. Most of this is a rather intentional visage she portrays, shielding her eagerness and desire to surpass those around her from bleeding out. In truth, she is determined to not only succeed and protect people but prove she can be the absolute greatest hero Freedom City has ever seen. Taking what some would consider a cosmetic mutation and using it to the fullest extent. She doesn't have laser beams or magic powers, but she'll happily face any of that to grow into a woman who can stand entirely on her own.

Powers Tactics
A scrapper through and through, Cheri expects a great deal of herself and desires to put what is a freakish and useless mutation to good use. She has a variety of tactics depending on what aspects she calls for. She has a tendency to get in over her head, and is extremely defensive about how delicate she looks despite her actual toughness. All these factors make her a frontliner who tries to perform the most heroically in any situation, no matter how outclassed she is.

Complications

Inexperienced
Cheri has little practical experience, despite her relative strength. This makes her arrogant of her own capabilities and unable to understand when the situation has made subtle shifts.

Herbivore
Cheri's diet has become that of an herbivore, unable to consume anything else properly.

Parental Misguidance
Daughter of a notorious gangster, her father wishes to either keep her out of the limelight or have her join the family business.

Thick Shell, Thin Skin
Cheri puts on a display of being an eager, tough as nails superhero wannabe, but she cares quite deeply about what those around her think of her. She's easily embarrassed by many of the little things her mutation has done to her, and tries to mask any show of weakness with strength. However, this might very well be for little effect, as her body responds to her true emotions, and those who know her can easily see how deeply affected she is.

Comfort Zone?

While Cheri can rather freely change out her abilities and mutate her body into a variety of different styles, it would seem she has a natural resting state with the appearances of a rabbit. The black ears and tail have become a bit iconic of her, to the point that she naturally takes on the Rabbit Totem when she is overwhelmed or overly stressed. This might be a factor of her mutation, or simply a mental block keeping her from the full flexibility of her newfound abilities.

Obvious Oddity

Due to the nature of her powers making her look a bit less human than normal, she is pretty much instantly recognizable without a lot of work to hide the presence of large rabbit ears and a bushy tail. While her funding through her family allows for clothes to be tailor made for her, this generally takes some time, and most normal wearable articles need some fine adjustments, making a lot of superheroing gear simply unavailable.

Emotionally Vulnerable

Cheri's transformations are a mixture of conscious effort to 'channel' a totem and modify her body's capabilities combined with unconscious ideas of how they work. It is the basis for her power's capabilities. This unconscious part is also her Achilles heel, however, as her Totems react extremely poorly to intense emotions and instincts. A great fear shifts her body to that of a Rabbit Totem, where as a great rage would take on the Rhino Totem. Various other emotional states can transform her body in various other ways no matter how much willpower she tries to exert over it.

Abilities:: 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 + 0 + 8 = 14pp
STR 12 (+1) | 30 (+10) w/ Beastly Body.
DEX 12 (+1) | 30 (+10) w/ Beastly Body.
CON 12 (+1) | 30 (+10) w/ Beastly Body.
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4)

Initiative: +10 (+10 Dex)

Combat; 2 + 8 = 16pp
Attack: +2 (+2 Base Attack)
-Ranged: +2
-Melee: +6 (+4 Attack Focus: Melee)

Defense: +6 (+6 Base Defense)
-Flat footed: +3
Grapple: +16 (+10 Strength +6 Melee Attack)

Saves: 0 + 0 + 5 = 5pp

Tough: +10 (+10 Con)
Fortitude: +10 (+10 Con)
Reflex: +10 (+10 Dex)
Will: +5 (+0 Wis +5)

Skills: 8pp = 32 Ranks
Acrobatics 8 (+8),

Bluff 6 (+8),
Diplomacy 6 (+8),
Gather Information 4 (+8),
Notice 4 (+4),
Sense Motive 4 (+4),

Feats: 10pp
Attack Focus (Melee) 4
Benefit 1 (Wealthy)

Luck 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Power Attack

Equipment: 0PP = 0ep 

Powers: 54 + 36 = 90pp

Beastly Body 10.8 [Container; Mutation]  [54 pp]

Enhanced Dex 18 [18 pp]

Enhanced Con 18 [18 pp

Enhanced Str 18 [18 PP]

Totem Synergy 6 (Variable [6/rank], Animal Mutation Powers only; Continuous, Full Round Action to alter) [36pp] (Mutation)

Spoiler

* Default Form
Bestia is often happy to take on a variety of different traits to suit her needs, and sometimes traits from completely obscure animals, like a chameleons's cloak or a mole's ability to burrow.

* Rabbit Totem

Spoiler

Leaping 10 [10vp]
Speed 10 [10vp]
Super-Movement 1 (Slow Fall) [2vp]
Super Senses: Auditory 6 (Accurate, Counters Concealment, Extended 1, Rapid 1, Tracking) [6vp]
Enhanced Skill: Notice 2 (+8 to Notice Checks): [2vp]

* Cat Totem

Spoiler

Leaping 3 [3vp]
Speed 3 [3vp]
Super-Movement 7 (Slow Fall, Sure Footed 4, Trackless, Wall-Crawling) [14vp]
Super Senses: Auditory 6 (Accurate, Counters Concealment, Extended 1, Rapid 1, Tracking) [6vp]

Enhanced Skill: Stealth 2 (+8 to Stealth Checks): [2vp]

* Raven Totem

Spoiler

Fight 5 (Power Loss: Wings) [9vp]
Super Senses: Visual 5 (Counters Concealment, Extended 2, Rapid 1, Tracking, Direction Sense, Distance Sense) [8vp]

Adds Penetrating 10 to Unarmed Attack [10 vp]

Feature 1 (Vocal Mimicry) [1vp]

* Bear Totem

Spoiler

Impervious Toughness 8 [8vp]
Super Strength 11 [22vp]

* Rhino Totem

Spoiler

Impervious Toughness 8 (Reflective: Melee) [16vp]

Super Strength 2 [4vp]

Immovable 5 (Unstoppable) [10vp]

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 10 + Equipment 0 + Powers 90 + Combat 20 + Saves 5 + Drawbacks 0 = 143 / 151 PP

DC Block
Name                          Range                                                                    Effect                 Save
Unarmed                    Touch                                                                   Damage          DC 25 Toughness (Staged)

Edited by Fox
+1pp for December 2017

Hi there, and welcome to the site!

So, you will need two approvals from the Ref staff.  I do encourage you to check out here first:

http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/start/

Though, I will caution that we strongly encourage formatting along the bounds of the template as well as with the sample characters, or specifically The Mimic.

Also I do encourage you to join us on Discord, as we also use it for Text chat to help with this sorts of stuff.

Here is a guide for that was well (by the fab rednamed Ref Olopi.).

Thank you. ^^

I believe I cleaned up the powers, which I think was your concern, to adhere to that sort of template. I did look at the Mimic, as well as Ultimate Power's Animal Mimicry skill. I just didn't feel that either of them really had the theme that I was personally going for.

Well the link to the templates and such was more for the standardization of formatting rather than aping the Mimic or the Animal Mimicry's power structure outright. 

First you will you want to check you will want to check our House Rules, as there are some hiccups.  Plus, you can downstep her to a lower PL, keeping with the PL10 PP total, i.e. like a PL8 with 150 starting PP, so that may help there in hitting marks and making her character fit the idea of 'New Hero.

I recommend running stuff from Google Docs through another word processor first so we don't get the random bolding of vast swaths of text like the backstory.

Ability Scores

There is a small formatting concern regarding your Ability Scores.

STR: +10 (12), (+18 Beastly Body)

DEX: +10 (12) (+18 Beastly Body)

CON: +10 (12) (+18 Beastly Body)

INT: -2 (8)

WIS: +0 (10),

CHA: +4 (18)

Just needs to be be inverted so Ability then bonus, then modified ability and bonus from powers

Example.

STR 12 (+1) | 30 (+10) w/ Beastly Body.

Combat

we encourage that you create a character that meets your Offensive/Defensive PL caps, as this helps with overall math. Bestia is PL9 offensively and defensively.

Additionally per House Rules, you need to have 1/3 of her Attack and Defense mod purchases flat out.  Even with your undercapping you've got 1/4 of her Attack and Defense bought as base so that will have to be redone.

Savings Throws

I will council that the recommended Savings Throw totals should be roughly PL -2. I.e. the character should have weaknesses.

Given her inexperience why she is a flat bought up +10 with her Will Saves?  It seems a little incongruous with the fluff.

There are still some hiccups, as enhanced traits would not be one line, but rather a line for each trait that is enhanced, if they are connected then they can be in one container.  And using the Indent button in the format bar also allows to create differentiation.
(Please note the rank for it is derived from Containers being 5pp/Rank)

I.e.

Beastly Body 10.8 [Container; Mutation]  [54 pp]

Enhanced Dex 18 [18 pp]

Enhanced Con 18 [18 pp

Enhanced Str 18 [18 PP]

I recommend running stuff from Google Docs through another word processor first so we don't get the random bolding of vast swaths of text like the backstory.

Also, I am a bit curious as to how parts of her power functions in that she looks like a Rabbit by default?
If so, you will need either a complication or drawback specific to that form.

Additionally the Drawback you list is not really a mechanical drawback, given that 10 minutes is generally enough to resolve an issue, and there is currently no built in cooldown.
My recommendation is as it is designed the Drawback is more likely a complication.

I fixed up the sheet a good deal, and dropped her down to PL 8, with the capped Combat/DC tradeoffs I have.

The Will Save was a bit of a last minute thing when I realized I had spare points. I didn't want to toss them into the variable, as having a fully variable 30 points is already fairly potent, and I couldn't think of feats or skills she should have. Dropping that and the drawback canceled out nicely.

The 4 points I returned from combat gives her 13 spare, probably a good idea as with training she'll eventually grow stronger.

As far as the Rabbit state, I tried to explain the issue she has with the new complication I substituted for dropping the Involuntary Transformation drawback.

You can round out her Skills a bit, or add a feat or two like that.  Even for new characters I recommend Luck.  If just for the additional HP.  That is capped in the House Rules.

I do recommend with Variables to have some additional configurations besides the Rabbit one as sample.  Like one or two more.

VPs tend to be something we're a bit askance.

Also, I do seriously recommend dropping Will Save to PL -2 or less.  To give the character a mechanical weakness in fights, and can reflect her not having a nuanced sense of self, given her age.

Though one part would be that she needs to be human looking.  Her having a base form with her VP is all fine, however.  The primary suggestion is that having animalistic humanoid form while being ostensibly a human is problematic, and should carry a Drawback or Complication indicating such.  As being 'hare-like' normally would make clothes shopping problematic, and she would get stares, and have it be impossible to have a Secret ID.

Alright, I did a bit of an overhaul and included the primary variable configurations that Bestia is most comfortable with. My will save is at 5 now, so it is at -3 PL, in addition to adding a few skills and feats that her basic training at Claremont would gift her.

I also added another complication for her appearance. It is too well mitigated by her Wealth to become a true drawback, probably.

An INT of 8 is actually fairly average among high school students, as per the Hero High sourcebook. Given how sheltered she was growing up, she hasn't really been challenged too much in that respect. She doesn't really know a lot of information, though she's a bit better at using what she knows with her somewhat higher Wisdom, and quite skilled at pretending to know things with her fairly high Charisma.