Do students ever show up early? (OPEN)

BlazingCoconut

"Yyyyyup! sounds about right for me too, Though im really partial to the pasta, sauce is a bit eh.... but hey, its hot and has flavour what more can ya ask for? I'd probably stay away from the steamed veg though, its usually over or undercooked, at least by my reckoning....and yeah we got a gym, though i think they'll wanna give you the walk around and instructional before they letcha use it health and safety you know?." He mentions off handedly as he scoots on ahead to hold open the door "after you ladies and gentlemen." giving an exaggerated bow of his head, helmet still tucked under his arm securely

"Ill join ya shortly, once I've gotten this stuff packed away in my locker." he shouts after them and takes off towards the reception area at a brisk walk as he looks around his various pockets for his key.

Edited by Exaccus
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the cry of an orca was her stomach.  Her eyes narrowed a bit, her arms unfolding and her hands pressed flat to her stomach as she moved along.  "Oh, yeah, we got lots.  Lots of food.  It's... I dunno, I was forced here by the folks.  So... yeah.  One of the rich kids.  Well... I'm not, my mum and dad are.  My father is... really rich."  Her eyes widening, as she couldn't conceive of how much money her father had.  It was surreal to meet with him after all.  

"I am not Ally Sheedy!"  She blurted out, as Alexander's reference to a Club for Breakfast hit her.  "I am not Molly Ringwald!"  There was a small squeak, as she looked at him.  Then there was a loud growl from her stomach as he moved away.  "Oh, so hungry, like, oh my god... I could go for like three breakfast platters.."

Alexa brightened as someone made reference to the Breakfast Club.  It meant that she wasn't quite as alone in her desire to model her life after the movies.  

"Does that mean that you are Emilio Estevez, the athlete who goes along with peer pressure and eats a lot?  I wanted to be Molly Ringwald, but I think that instead I'm probably Anthony Micheal Hall... Brainy and doesn't understand people.  I'm not sure I have much choice in this."

As they entered the cafeteria, the smells of breakfast washed over the group and indeed there were hordes of students who made very good use of the facility.  Alexa was still talking as they stepped in line, "are there any other types of students that exist at the school?  I watched a lot of movies before coming here, but there only seems to be a few types that ever make it into film."

As she walked down the like she took a 'staggering' amount of food; which consisted of half a grapefruit and a piece of toast along with a cup of green tea.

Rev

For herself, Rev took in some greasy, oily food. In rather liberal amounts. Eggs and bacon. Somehow, her limbs seemed to pull the fat out of her blood stream and use it for their own power needs. Such was the mystery of biomechanical interface techno-cybenetic hardware. 

Yeah, that made her a B.I.T.C.H. 

She turned her attention to Fax, remembering his comment about a bike. Perhaps there would be room for a little speed here...her heart gave a pump of joy at the prospect. 

"You gotta tell me about your bike" she said, putting on her best eager winning smile. "I love to drive. I'm not much of a student, but I know my way around an engine like nobody else!" she boasted. It wasn't quite true of course, but she did know a lot. 

Getting through the line quickly when you don't eat much wasn't much of a challenge, and she looked around the sparsely populated cafeteria to find an open table.  Apparently this school was no different than any other collection of young people and the term 'Morning Crowd' would be an oxymoron.  Still, there were a few students which made for the most fascinating people watching; especially in this place.

She was picking at her grapefruit when the rest of the group came to her table with enough food to sustain multiple families.  Her eyebrows raised a little at the sheer quantity of food that was brought over, but she didn't want to be rude and comment on it.

"I have a bike," she said trying to be relevant in the 'cool' discussion.

Rev

"You do?" said Rev, feeling like her Birthday and Christmas at once. 

"What type? How many cc's?" she asked both of them. She took Alexa as somebody who would know her engines at least as well, if not better than she did. She was smart, like real smart. That was impressive. 

"You gotta show me it!" she said, pressing the matter. She made sure that Alex got the point of the question too. Part of her brain was telling her not to go down this path again, but another part was trying to steer a path of moderation. She loved engines, she loves vehicles. And she couldn't deny it, just make sure it wasn't going to get her killed or thrown out...

As soon as Rev said CC's, she knew that she had messed up.  She had a bike all right, it was just a bicycle, not the kind of monster that Rev obviously longed after.  For someone who was smart, she often felt really dumb when it came to people.  Of course Rev was talking about a motorbike.  Her name was Rev, which now made all the sense in the world.  She took a bite of her toast, wondering if there was any way out of this.  Well... there was!

"I meant a bicycle," she said her cheeks turning red, but she forged on, "but... like the skin substitute.  I can make a bike, or an engine.  Quickly.  That I can show you!  I should have known that's what you meant, but sometimes... well, English is not very specific.  Maybe we could meet up after getting room and class assignments?"

Rev

"We sure could!" said Rev, keenly. "We should meet up and check out Alex's bike! I mean...if that's ok?" she asked, hauling her enthusiasm back with marginal effect. 

She tried to divert attention as fast as possible from the "Bike" blunder. She didn't like to see Alexa blush or feel uncomfortable. She had no reason to feel that way anyway. Best to pump up her ego a little; and justifiably so. "I bet you can rip apart an engine and put it together before I had the first screw out!" she said, kindly. "I swear you must be the smartest kid on campus. And that makes you my best friend!"

"As well as my saviour! Fancy me walking around with some skin for a change!"

Yeah, that did make her feel good.  Really good!   Back home, being the smartest person in the room was usually seen as a detriment in an environment where success and failure had huge ramifications for your family.  She had to pause before realizing that she had a stupid looking grin on her face and making it a little less obvious how nice that had felt.  Best friend?  Had she ever had a best friend?  She had people she associated with, but did this mean someone who she could talk to about, well stuff?  Alexa hoped so.

"Well... perhaps, I am sure there are very smart people here as well," she then paused, "well... I have a little advantage if we raced."

She looked up some plans for simple engines, made the appropriate scaling modifications and shot the code to her bracelet.  Within moments, her spoon dissolved into nothingness and bit by bit, like some kind of magic 3D printer, a tiny replica engine appeared.  She didn't have fuel for it, but she was reasonably certain that it would work if someone were to give it oil and gas.  Allowing herself a little bit of self satisfaction, "so it wouldn't really be fair.  So meet you in an hour or two?" 

Alex is slightly taken aback by the suddeness of Revs excitement at the mentions of bike swallowing heavily to empty his mouth of pasta before answering and wiping his face with a napkin "Yeah...that'd be cool." he says, reganing his composure "My Harley is pretty fast, tops out at 250 M per H 1200cc" he says "Have to go out of state to hit that though of course." he says as he feels the speeches about responsibility beginning to ring in his memory.

"Twin V, Purrs like a Sabertooth." an iota of pride and joy smashing through his sensible demenour like a bullet through a sheet of glass.

"We can go for a ride if you like some time." he offers in the spirit of friendship. "only seats two though so you'd have to take turns, but ive no problem with it." he says plainly "Fan of motorcycles Lexa?" he asks, a little curious about the explosive excitement

Rev

"You bet!" answered Rev, her voice cracking, almost dissolving into a scream of excitement. "Any thing with wheels! I used to race..ah....drive...."

She swallowed. 

"Look, I was a street racer, ok? Got caught up in a gang. Good kids, just looking for a thrill. We jacked cars, we raced them. Bikes too. I can't say I'm proud of it, but it was a thrill like nothing else" she admitted. 

"But I don't want to get kicked out of here. Its my last chance, really. So if you see me get...well...over-excited...then feel free to clunk my head and hold me back. Honestly. I don't want to screw up" she said, serious a moment. 

"But I still love wheels!" she smiled. "And I'd love to see yours!"

Alexa listened and it hit her, she was the groups Bender!  He was the misfit criminal with a checkered past!  Other than she was definitely not a guy, but when it came to archetypes, did gender really matter?  She was going to be Johnson, the brain or geek for sure.  It was almost relaxing to realize that America was like the breakfast club and that all of her carefully constructed research into American culture had not gone to waste!

Feeling infinitely better, she nodded her head at Alex, "I would like that too, I don't think my little engine will get us very far."  Then she paused and got a bit of a shy grin, "do you mind if I were to wear a helmet?" 

"I'd object if ya didn't if im honest." he answers Alexa first, he needed to think a little before he approached Lexa over what she'd just revealed to him "I'll borrow my brothers helmet and gear, he's a slight lad so im sure it'll fit you both reasonably well." he says as he turns to Lexa.

"Well, we've all done dumb stuff in the past ill wager; just try not to make the same mistakes...or scratch the paint job." he chuckles awkwardly, a little humour to take the tension out of the situation "oh hey speaking of which..." he reaches over with a fingertip and touching it to the minuscule engine Alexa had made "here's my party trick."

Flesh giving way to metal and plastic as his form changed and morphed, to assimilate the properties of the engine.

"What do you think?" he asks with a rev of his voice and rumble of his body, probably from his carberetor burning the energy his meal provided to turn the internal mechanisms that now comprised his body.

Rev

"Neat!" proclaimed Rev. "So like, you can create anything" she looked at Alexa, "And you can change into anything you touch?" she looked at Alex. "That's pretty powerful combo! Like, could you turn into cookie flavoured ice cream? I would so lick you!" she said, boldly, with a laugh. 

"I guess that's why you hang around with your bike, huh?" she asked with a flash of inspiration "go touch the engine and BAM!" she smacked her metal fists together with a clunk "off you go, tearing up the highway?"

She stopped for a moment. "You know, we gotta try that sometime. I can jack up engines big time" she explained extending her fingers to point out like a fan.

Small tools, drills, pincers, spanners, and other less defined things popped out of her fingers. "Biomechanical Interface Techno-cybernetic Hardware" she explained. "Nobody knows how it works. Maybe brains can work it out" she smiled at Alexa. "But it I can rev up engines to well beyond their normal capacity. You think 250mph is fast? You should try your bike after I get my hands on it!"

She didn't really mean what she just said, because that had all sorts of implications which Alexa tried hard not to think about!  If she was embarrassed about being obviously a nerd, well, the whole ice cream comment sent her cheeks into overdrive... matching the engine that Alex had just copied.  However, Rev didn't seem to think much of it as she barreled on talking.

"I can make lots of things, yes.  Although, Ice Cream is not quite so easy.  A machine to make ice cream perhaps..." she said willing her cheeks to stop blushing.

Thankfully, Rev's Swiss army display of tools was enough to let her movie addled mind come back down from it's inappropriate heights as she oohed and ahhed over the tool set.  Enough so that she looked over to Alex, "good... I would still like to ride, but perhaps I would be a little nervous going so fast on something with less than four wheels."

Spoiler

Rabbit Ears

Super Senses: Auditory 6 (Accurate, Counters Concealment, Extended 1, Rapid 1, Tracking) [6vp]

Bunny Step

Leaping 5 [5vp]
Speed 5 [5vp]

Cat's Eyes and Tail

Enhanced Skill: Notice 2 (+8 to Notice Checks): [2vp]

Enhanced Skill: Stealth 2 (+8 to Stealth Checks): [2vp]

Bear Hide

Impervious Toughness 8 [8vp]
Super Strength 1 [2vp]

Cheri would find her herself doing some brooding, super heroic brooding. The morning light caused her eyes to widen a bit, the cat-like slit wandering as she walked down the campus. A sweater far too large for her was slung over her body, the hood covering herself up as she walked along. She looked like an idiot, that much she knew, but it was one of three possible measures of getting around without a problem. She was supposed to be behaving, so simply landing on campus and scaring the co-eds was out, and she didn't really like feel of wandering around with a cloak up. Scales were weird. So a hoodie was the easiest measure, though it still felt rather awkward on her. She kept her tail coiled  along her upper leg as she walked, and the hood drawn forward as far as she could. Her ears laying fairly flat along the side of her head, even though they quivered here and there to new noises.

Arriving at the Academy, she would sigh in relief, pulling the hood back and basking in the cool winds. This was one of the best parts of her transformation. She got cold, sure, but she had such lovely natural insulation. Maybe she could use a Polar Bear or a Penguin for extreme temperatures? Though, if that made her waddle she'd have to retire in disgrace. Her eyes looked over a bit, as she saw the fairly empty campus, still early in the morning, her ears raising a bit as she'd track for the friendliest public venue she might be able to approach. She didn't get much, meaning that nobody was likely outdoors, or at least nobody having much fun.

Deciding to take the map she'd got upon accepting the offer to join the student body, the girl continued forward, looking at a nearby place the hang out. The cafeteria seemed like a safe option, even though her bag carried a carefully planned set of three meals in vacuum sealed packaging. Cheri's steps stopped, as she somewhat roughly slapped her cheeks. As she was, this was the only way she was going to even feel it. Her face flushed a bit, as the hesitant thoughts would be suppressed.

"Stupid. Time to try an introduction, maybe."

Cheri's left leg bent as it stepped forward, and she'd dart off... if she gave herself a chance to think she'd chicken out. Maybe more literally than she liked~ The girl rushed the cafeteria door, skidding a bit to a stop, as she'd almost burst on through, opening it with a lot more force than she was intending, and realizing it immediately, as she stopped, and looked at the others inside. She was meaning to have some kind of cool introduction, relying on her impressive personal magnetism and finer tutelage in ettique and the social arena. Instead she just stood in the door way, looking at the others inside curiously.

Edited by Bestia

"well thats part of the reason, other reason is i just like driving them." he explains."you should see what i can do when im a smart phone." he mentions, dropping his altered form quickly "Oh yeah, uuh setting a bad example but using powers on campus is kinda uuh strongly discouraged, to keep the secret if ya get me." he says in a half whisper "Don't go telling Principle summers on me when you meet her ok?"

Drawn to the sound of the door flinging open and the slight incursion of the cold creeping in he set eyes on the person in the door way "Oh hey, you new too? grab a tray and come sit down." he says patting at the table "we can get you all set up with t'other firsties!" gesturing at Alexa and Lexa.

Rev

Rev retracted her fingertip tools and put up a chrome hand to wave hello. 

"Yo! Come have a bit, its free!" she said, grinning at the prospect. "And nobody here bites!" she added. 

"Right?" she asked Alex. "I mean, do we have Sharkboy or Snakegirl tucked away? I mean, anything dangerous?" she added, the thought striking her. "Anyone I need to watch out for?" she asked. "Bullies or radioactives? I guess they must have this place pretty safe. But still..." she added, voice whispering to a conspiratorial low. 

Her eyes shifted left and right, scanning the place. "Sure, sure, they must have it locked down safe...."

But some reassurance would be nice. 

Corinne slide up to them with a mountain of food, that was perhaps intimidating to most people, but then she was near delirious.  Or that's what she told herself at this moment.  She moved to sit down next to them.

Biscuits, gravy, eggs, potatoes, sausage, ham, fruit, yogurt, and some milk and OJ to finish it off.  Given she could charitably be described as willowy the amount of food as was amazing.  Taking her seat, she tore into the contents, ravenously.  Pausing to wipe some of the country gravy from her chin, or other food from face.

"I mean..." She paused considering her words here, " ...like, lots of people you should watch out for..."  Then tearing into a scoop of eggs and swallowing it not dissimilar to one might imagine a jackal eating a carcass.  "Just, ahm, be like nice and stuff.  Should be fine.  But, I mean, like the Brohort you might wanna watch out for?  Or you might like their attention?  They're harmless, just a little bit jerks. The Doom Room is psychotic, but that's for the hero types, I guess.  Not all of us are probably gonna be that."

It hadn't taken Alexa long to actually eat; toast and grapefruit wasn't nearly in the league as the other students here.  She listened to them talk and smiled to the new person, giving them a little head nod of greeting.

"So... we are not supposed to use any powers?" she asked clarifying.  She had no desire to give up her ability to phone snoop, or browse the internet.  Besides, that policy seemed inherently unfair.  People who were fast or strong or smart would remain those things regardless if they were going to consciously do anything.  It smacked of the kinds of policy that bureaucrats typically decided without fully thinking things through.

"Also, what exactly is a doom room?"

Cheri stared for a moment as she looked at the other girls who were being tagged as firsties. She hadn't yet spoken to them, and that realization stuck her as being somewhat awkward. She had never been quite this nervous before, outside of the once. She fought the urge to physically shake her head, instead walking in as she ran a hand back across the dark ears, rubbing the particularly soft spot at the base where her straight black hair meshed with the dark fur of an ear, and the thin white fur that laced her head, finally feeling calmed down, she peered at the trays and shook her head.

"Mm, thank you for the offer, but I don't expect I'll be using too much free food. To stay optimal, one needs to prepare their diet themselves."

The girl moved to sit a few seats away from the grouping, as she took one of the food pouches from her bag, simply bending open the rough metal casing it was in, and opening the bag. She needed to keep it cool and not squished in case of a sudden jump, after all. She'd just work at resealing the little box for the next day, as she removed the moist, fresh salad greens, sprinkled with thin lines of carrot, from her bag. Her ears twitched at the talk of the doom room, a slight smirk coming to her face as she thought to herself a bit about it, before speaking.

"It makes sense. Just being different doesn't make one a hero, after all. You have to want it. Would there be a point in training someone who didn't want that responsibility?"

Corinne paused in her ravenous devouring of food, managing to look a bit sheepish, considering she was blatantly not being careful with what she was eating.  But then her roommate complained about her eating so much and not gaining any weight.  Admittedly, she also was working out, extensively.  A swallow of a huge mouthful of... something, and she washed it down before she spoke.

"Right, so I mean, like I am biased, and stuff.  But..."  She paused, looking off to the upper right hand corner of her eyes.  "Okay, so like...  Using your powers at school is okay.  Be discrete outside, especially if you're not costumed.  But this isn't Harry Potter, no dementors are gonna whisk ya away to Azerbijan. or anything."

"As for food... they have almost everything, and we have vegan students.  And students who eat only minerals, so I don't think you've got a problem.  And frankly sometimes you just need calories, especially if you are working out six hours a day, near everyday."

She chewed thoughtfully on a piece of toast, with jam on it.  Did she have one earlier, she couldn't remember.  "But, Doom Room is the simulator they run us through.  I assume for their own sick amusement."  She lifted a hand to try and banish their comments, "Listen, not all of us want to be heroes.  Some of us had plans, and want to continue towards them... But if you can say... punch out a skyscraper, you should know how to handle yourself."  She frowned a little bit, as she looked at them, and then finished her toast.

Rev

"Sounds awesome, can't wait to try that out!" said Rev, keenly. "I can see it now! Underwater Kung Fu lessons on robotic ninja clowns!" she said wistfully, giving a few funky karate chops in the air. 

"I mean, they teach kung fu, here, right? It's in the super awesome hero skill set, right?" she asked. She hoped. 

"Any way, I'm not one for showing off my jets lightly. Unless its flying. Which is pretty fun, even if I do need to fuel up for it. But you know, I can't really go incognito either?" she said, giving SFX a hopeful look again. "Unless you come up ace!" she said with an encouraging (possibly desperate) grin and some funky snap of two chrome fingers into mime guns. 

Alexa grinned at Rev, "I will!  I promise!," she said while flashing a thumbs up back at her.  She meant it too.  Rev had an infectious personality and if she could put up with Alexa's penchant for being a total dork, then she intended on doing anything she could to help her new found friend.

She had long ago finished eating her Spartan  meal and was content to chat until her meeting.  Although she was getting a little anxious as she hated being anything but punctual.  "I want to work for a movie studio... but I think there is room to help people as well.  My neighborhood is not so nice here, and perhaps the police need as much help as they can get.  I haven't really thought about it too much yet.  I know this might sound stupid, but how do you do Kung Fu without breaking nails and getting all bruised up?"

"Doom room? I thought it was the Wreck room?" he asked "ya know, Wreckreational space?" he adds with a wink at his own dumb joke "but yeah, weather you like it or not, that a part of the curriculum, its best you know how to handle yourself, but also that you don't lash out in blind panic or anger in day to day situations as well, which when you have powers, can get pretty dang weird and stressful."

"I imagine there's extra curricular clubs for kung fu, there is probably one for extra terrestrial Kung Fu, given we got some exchange students from way out there." he gestures with his hands, wiggling his fingers a bit.

"Keep an eye out for anyone from  that other school, whats it called?" he asked looking around at the other Claremont at the table "they tried to crash our dance once."