Bonfire with Vanity

TheAbsurdist

"Sounds pretty harsh if im honest." he says plainly "thats a lotta expectations and commitments to pile up on someone, working hard is good but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, or so i believe anyway." he reasons as he watches Jann Approaching again.

"Hey Jann, whats schooling like at your place?" He asks "you more Strict or easy going when it comes to education?" attempting to keep the conversation going and bring his friend in on it as he lazily as he gazed into the bonfire,  and crunched the now empty aluminium can in his grasp even as he takes on its metalic properties.

"And who'd like a hand roasted marshmallow?"

Hannah was not freaking out. She probably should be freaking out, or maybe freaking out about how she wasn't freaking out, but she knew most of the people here. She was more or less just average and normal. Sure, her powers were flashy, but she wasn't. She enjoyed Corinne's hugs, but she withdrew to go snatch another soda in preparation for the spicy guac. 

She greeted the people who greeted her. This was a strange experience. Sure, she'd been introduced lots of times by people. Usually against her own will. Yet this was a different sort of atmosphere. She wasn't really afraid here. "Hi Jann, hi Alexa, Alex was it?" She smiled her shy smile. 

"I don't drink." She said. That was true. Hannah didn't want that sort of trouble, not at all. She gave trouble a wide berth, save for when it sought her out. Some trouble she was learning to handle. She realized that she'd be graduating ahead of Corinne, and then into the wide world. She didn't know what she'd do at that point. College, she assumed. She figured her parents would want her to come closer to home, but she wasn't so sure.

She felt more at home in Claremont than she had at any other school, and the idea of leaving all her friends didn't settle well. She took a deep breath and gave Corinne a brave smile. "Well, I'll try the guac. If my head catches fire, make sure there's a fire extinguisher nearby." 

Alexa smiled and nodded, it was an opinion that she was familiar with, "in some ways yes.  But, it is how we are... I guess you don't think about it until you can stand back and look at how things were done."

She watched as he brought Jann into the conversation and then asked about the marshmallows, "yes, I would love to try this.  I've never had a marshmallow over a fire before.  It's in all of the movies too..."

Feeling a little more at ease, she folded her legs under her and sat down, careful of the shorter dress that she wore.  The fire was warm and despite her misgivings, she was starting to relax.

Edited by BlazingCoconut

And the guacamole was a creeping thing.  Growing stronger with each bite.  Corinne was not a skilled cook, she knew how to make some simple things.  Hummus, guacamole.  That sorta stuff.

Though she eyed the beer, and frowned.  She was trying not yell, not to let that growing, snarling voice just lash out at Jann.  But if he got here, and other people got here, then she knew that somewhere, the Brohort was heading towards them.  And it was enough to get a bit of a cold sweat.  Though she banished it, to focus on right now.  She'd deal with them if they arrived.

She pushed Hannah''s shoulder, "Funny!  Though, there is some milk I'd recommend having that first, or the ice cream!"

She'd scoop up the guacamole on a chip without much thought to it, and then rolled forward, in a one armed cartwheel that ended up with her doing the splits before the fire.