Room of Danger (second edition)

Follows behind Woodsman, Candi, Brandi and their manager once they're safely delivered to the bottom of his impromtu slide and arrives just in time to hear the tail ends of Dawnfire's statements.and once he'd pulled himself together to a more defined and less gurgle prone state stepped forward and spoke up, it was always a little humiliating to act dumb but hopefully it would draw attention and grant woodsman the time he needed to get into a favourable position he had called them "hostiles" after all.

"Heya, names facsimile, Proctor huh?; ain't nobody got any colon trouble here" he says with a clueless air "though, if i might ask, what brings you and your friend to the burning building?" Breaking eye contact with Dawnfire to wave merrily at her friend

are you guys handling the crowd for when the emergency services arrive? you've done a bang up job keeping civilians out i see! good work!" giving a big thumbs up and a cheesy rippling smile "did you see anyone suspicious fleeing the scene?"

Dawnfire was…surprisingly not thrown for a loop. Somewhat of a competent professional, it seemed.“It wasn’t burning before. Buildings aren’t normally on fire. I didn’t think it would burn so quickly, though.” Kandi and Brandi were working on taking their boss up the street, out of potential harm’s way. Dawnfire gave them a passing glance. “Nice work in there, ladies. EMTs are up the road, just past the vehicles blocking access.” She wasn’t wrong. A line of parked cars blocked each end of the road, approximately 125 ft away in both directions. This is where emergency services had been halted. “Sorry about the tra…hmm…ah, right. Sorry about the traumatic experience. You’ll be compensated for your time and emotional distress.” It was like she was reciting lines. “Oh, hey. Where’d the other guy go?”

Ally descended from the roof, floating to a few feet off the ground. “Stealth, Dawn.” She watched the secretarial duo make good their escape. She was completely professional, perhaps the veteran of the two? She did appear to be a little older than Dawnfire. “Okay, we’re clear. Officially, my name is Quarrel. Dawn is just…being Dawn. Speaking of, want to get started?”

Dawnfire nodded. “Oh, yeah.” She made a ball of flame in her hand and closed her fist over it. It formed into a exact replica of a sword. Except made of apparently white hot flame. “For the second exercise, I’ll be the person who set the building on fire. Let’s see if you can defeat me and my villainous associate.”

Quarrel (or Ally) drew her bow. “I’m the villainous associate. We’re threatening the innocent people of this city. You’re the heroes. Stop us if you can. This won’t be on the test because this is the test. Ready? Let’s begin.”

Not easily rattled huh? kinda creepy, maybe its some of that mentalist mumbo jumbo? eh doesn't matter gonna punch em for justice anyway.

he thinks to himself as he watches them approach and talk about testing and burning and all manner of psycho stuff.

"Yeah well it was a boring conversation anyway." he replies as he takes his fighting stance, watery form begining to swirl and rumble like rapids as its flowing accelerates "time to find out what we're made of huh?" 

Yup. Everybody's crazy - it's a crazy day. From his perch on a nearby rooftop, having brazenly taken up the same position that Quarrel had recently vacated, Woodsman cooly loaded his crossbow. OK, figure Facsimile's got powers - he can take care of the ladies for a second. Consideringly, he took aim at his bow-wielding counterpart, carefully lining up his shot at the small of her back. He didn't know what powers Dawnfire had (outside of what he could guess from the name and what she'd demonstrated) but typically people with bows and arrows and other gadgets were just people. People that if you shot them in the back with a bomb, or poison, or just a really sharp point right in the vitals, tended not to like it very much. Honestly seen crazier stuff than this. 

Quarrel thought. She’d been around the block a time or two, and knew physical damage wasn’t going to cut it against someone made out of water. Acid, however, would work just fine. And there were plenty of car batteries around. She flew several feet to the nearest one, tore off the hood with one hand, and took out the battery. Then she flung it at Facsimile, whose name she didn’t actually know. It was only but so important. She took out an arrow and shot the battery full force. It exploded into pieces from the raw force of the arrow smashing through it, splattering Facsimile’s immediate area with sulfuric acid as if it was an acid grenade.

Facsimile grimmaced as he felt his internal body begining to fizzle and react with the battery fluid it was like a very painful acid reflux that also scalded your internals, extremely painful even in his inorganic state.

"Yowch! thats just mean!" he gurgles with good humor through his pain, his job right now was to be threatening after all, but still hurtable, if he wasn't a threat or too hard to hurt they'd look for woodsman.

"You're both a couple of hot heads huh? well lets cool you off!" he says flinging his arms wide and gathering a massive amount of water in the air over their heads in a flash, floating their for the briefest of instants before gravity brought it down with a boom and sent water racing through the street, running on sloshy legs into the fray.

"lets see if you're the real deal, dawn fire or just a whole lotta smoke!"

The falling wall of water knocked Quarrel for a bit of a loop, driving her from slightly floating to one knee. She looked a little out of it. Dawnfire, on the other hand, flashed her sword of flame and what water she didn’t casually leap out of the way of, she turned to steam with a flourish. “Don’t go underestimating me, water guy.” She really had no idea what his name was, not that it mattered. She cartwheeled 360 degrees around the currently watery hero, without losing her grip on her flame sword. When she reached her feet again, her sword blazed with heat reminiscent of a small star. “This sword of mine is burning hotter. It’s raging flames tell me I’m gonna cut you in half.” She used both hands, and the sword shifted from longsword to greatsword. “Sword of Dawn!” She swung the sword like she wanted to bisect poor Facsimile.

Woodsman squeezed off a shot past Quarrel's head, a faint curse echoing inside his head. He'd gone for the dramatic shot to end the fight quickly, only to miss critically. From his position he couldn't tell if he'd actually hit her, but he'd certainly done no more than scratch her along the side of her neck. Knows where I am. Oh well - maybe it would keep her from joining in the fight that was going badly for Facsimile. And it would make her cocky. He could use that. She's pretty cocky as it is. He dropped down behind the cover of one of the rooftop's airvents and began the quick process of reloading. 

Though he couldn't tell where the attack was coming from he knew that the blow was coming and so rather than waste his energies on trying to dodge or avoid the falling energy blade he instead focused himself on churning his watery body to quench it before it could do too much damage, squeezing and twisting around the invasive heat and dispersing it in a flurry of bubbles.

"hah! I think its you who's underestimating me!"  he retorts as he takes a short hop back "But its time to feel the steel of facsimile!" his powers of course had one major draw back, there was a brief period of vulnerability between dropping a form and assimilating a new one, though it rarely came up it made those materials he carried on his person inaccessable and left him a hostage to chance about what the enviroment might contain he could simply go from one form to the next.

Naturally he'd been working on increasing the speed of his transitioning between assimilations to minimize the vulnerability and had even managed to knock it down to a mere second or so, though in the world of metahumans, aliens and demons a second was all that someone might need.

Dropping his watery form and bringing his hand to his trusty belt buckle in one fluid motion there was barely a glint of his slightly tanned skin between the fading transparency of water and the glimmering silver of steel spreading to replace it as he stepped back in and lunged his metal fist forward towards her face, though either telegraphing his attack too much or some sheer dumb luck his heavy blow met with empty air "ah dang it..."

Dawnfire slid to the side and watched the big metal fist go by. “Ooh, somebody can shapeshift. I’m starting to get fired up.” She flipped her greatsword of flame upside down, planting it firmly in the ground. She then used it as a fulcrum to flip over Facsimile. She landed with her back to his. “Blade of blazing light, cut me a path through the darkness. Sword of Dawn!” She spun on her heel and once again did her level best to bisect the object mimicking hero.

"whoa, really feeling the heat here, maybe its time to kick things up a notch, what do you say Dawnfire as he spared a glance towards the still glowing hot streak across his torso where her attack had grazed against him ever so briefly, in truth it stung, whatever it was she was throwing around wasn't normal fire, he'd been Fire before.

She was too fast, too practised with her attacks for him to successfully defend against, flames slipped through even the smallest gaps in his guard so he opted to forgo defence in favour of an all out attack, flinging his arms wide and swinging wildly, he felt his swift and heavy blows connect with body and the satisfying sensation of a solid connection, he pressed his advantage and lunged with renewed vigor and was thus rewarded with another heavy blow finding its mark.

"Tag, you're it." he breathed before flinging himself backwards on his springy steel legs, falling through the air like a leaden weight as he puts quite a bit of distance between himself and her, enough at least to see if she had any means of closing the moderately impressive gap.

Edited by Exaccus

As nonchalantly as if this happened every day, Woodsman hooked his grappling hook to the lip of the building's roof and looked back at Quarrel as her arrow whizzed past his head. He was running - running from his impulse to drive his hatchet through her face as much as from her powers. He'd fought people with powers before. Both in this world, and in other ones. He looked Quarrel up and down, gave her a disappointed look, and slid down a rope to the nearest window - luckily finding one left open against the warm weather of a rare heat wave in a Freedom City autumn. He swung inside, dropped the rope  - and ran, pulling his crossbow out again as he took shelter inside the next-to-top story of the building. He was going to be followed - either through the window or the ceiling. And he was going to be ready.

It was Quarrel’s turn to look disappointed. “If you keep running away it makes it difficult to assess your combat skills properly. Still, if that’s the way you want to do it…” She shifted in the air, remaining over the three story high roof but getting Facsimile back in view. “I can instead test your teamwork skills.” She drew an arrow, and took aim with a laser tight focus. “As currently, they appear to be lacking.” She fired the arrow, striking the currently steel hero with enough force to, unbeknownst to the heroes, punch through titanium. “Or I couldn’t have done that. Dawnfire, are you injured?”

The groggy fire user shook her head. “He just hits like a truck!”

Feels the arrow impact with a twang as it sinks a few centimeters into his solid steel body, fortunately stopped short of its full effect by the sheer density of the metal  and the fragility of the arrow shaft.

"yowch! this is really starting to annoy me..." he comments softly as he rubs at his now nicked and scratched steel body and casting the broken arrow aside.

"Ill get to you soon enough fly girl, don't interrupt our dance just cause you can't keep woodsman interested! envy is ugly don't you know?"

he chides as he flings himself forwards again, arms wide and without the shadow of a guard as he brings himself to bare reckless abandon as he lashes out with his full strength at the still stumbling dawnfire with a heavy drop kick followed with a rising knee "and you, try and keep in step ok?"

Edited by Exaccus