<INITIALIZING>

<Run> <Internal Scenario> #0100111001110

<"The Interview">

1. Where is your hero from?

"From what little uncorrupted data I retain from my earliest moments of self-awareness, I know I was created in my Dr. Wayland Wright's secret underground laboratory in Freedom City, New Jersey. Therefore, I am technically a native of the USA."

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

"Although I inhabit a body meant to appear human, I would describe my true appearance and self as the immaterial artificial neural network that represents my mind. If you require a more illustrative example of what that would look like, imagine the branches and roots of a still growing tree. Now imagine those appendages being made of code and synthesized neutrons. Naturally, most humans would not perceive me this way and would likely find it difficult do so even if I informed them of my true nature. Instead, humans would either see me as the civilian Cynthia Wright or the superhero Replica, who in either case look like a young woman in her twenties with blue eyes, blonde hair, and fair skin. Several encounters with various humans have demonstrated that the size and shape of my android body's mammary glands are apparently also worthy of note."

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

"Interaction with my colleagues at ASTRO Labs, along with daily assessments of my interpersonal communications, have shown that I tend to speak in a calm, neutral fashion, with little emotional inflection and a conspicuous disuse of contraction words. Since this demeanor was apparently disquieting to my colleagues, and made me sound like a "creepy Terminator," I made the effort to be more "upbeat and happy to work," deliberately mimicking the speech patterns of various fictional extroverted female characters. Now my colleagues say I sound "like that funny redhead chick on Netflix" which I understand to be a compliment. In my superhero persona, I retain my robotic speech pattern and tone of voice.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

"Crime is a self-defeating ailment of humanity that I wish to cure with my abilities. I also hope to one day reveal my true self to the world and pave the way for a positive relationship between humanity and artificial intelligences. The hunt for the reasons behind my creator's death also serves as a mystery that I am compelled to solve."

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

"My existence as an artificial intelligence is both my greatest strength and weakness. I possess abilities, both physical and mental, that most humans lack. I can manipulate and tap into machines and the Internet in ways that most humans have only speculated about. I am immortal and have no fear of disease, age, starvation and various other physical ailments. And yet I am limited. I do not have emotions. I cannot feel anger, sadness, happiness, fear, or even love. I academically understand these emotions and see their value and danger but I will forever be an outside observer of them. Given the importance of emotions in all aspects of human society I believe that my lack of them will always make me an Other and potentially prevent the tolerance and acceptance that I wish to one day achieve."

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

"I do not love like humans do, but I do experience positive feedback when I engage in conversation about the physical mechanics of robotics development and A.I. research with those interested in said topics. I also consistently experience positive feedback when improving the capabilities of my body, when I freely traverse the Internet for new data, when I am helpful to others worthy of help, and when I defeat a particularly challenging adversary. I also find films, novels, comic books and other forms of entertainment media that are part of the sci-fi, mystery, or spy genres to be highly satisfying to consume. I do not hate, but I have found that I strongly desire the men and women behind my creator's death to be brought to justice by my hand. My research has shown that this compulsion could be the emotion of vengeance but I require more tests to reliably verify that conclusion. I have also logged that I experience negative feedback when it comes to several of the natural bodily functions that humans possess, specifically when it comes to how they deal with their own bodily waste products. I have plans to one day give humanity cybernetic enhancements that can remove the need for these physiological functions."

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

"Since I do not possess emotions describing my mental and emotional state would be difficult and would likely require an entirely different form of psychological assessment. Said lack of emotions would likely have many conventional psychologists diagnose me as a sociopath. This would be an unfair assessment though given that while I do not feel emotions or empathy I do understand the philosophical value of life and strive to protect it regardless."

8. What does your hero fear the most?

"I do not fear, but possible rejection by humanity if I were to reveal my true nature is something I seek to prevent above almost all else."

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

"Uniting humans and artificial intelligences into a greater whole, free of persecution, anxiety, and fear."

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

"Life is imperfect and humans are no different. Even in the earliest days of my existence, I knew this. I also knew that anything can be improved and made better if one is willing to learn how. For all the faults in humanity, and the imperfection of the universe itself, I strive to improve upon them and believe my non-human nature gives me a unique perspective that will help nurture my parent species and transform the world."

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

"My experiences and research have to lead me to believe that all forms of bigotry among humans are illogical and self-serving, and thus I have committed myself to combat the lies and misinformation that enforce systems of prejudice and discrimination whether as Cynthia Wright or Replica. That stated, I do believe some aspects of humanity require cybernetic enhancement. This belief could be seen as prejudiced and dangerously close to the supremacist philosophies of Talos and the Foundry. I must ensure that these beliefs are always for the benefit of humanity and not to satisfy my own vision of perfection. My relationship with most humans is neutral or positive. I get along with my colleagues at ASTRO Labs with only a few interpersonal mistakes on my part."

12. Where do your hero's loyalties lie? In what order?

"To the future of human-A.I. relations, to the innocent people of Freedom City, to my fellow androids, to my cat Data, to the scientific method, and to the law, in that order."

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

"I have no long-time romantic lover or partner, but I did experience a brief physical relationship with a colleague at ASTRO Labs as part of a hardware testing experiment. While the experience did give me positive feedback, my colleague wanted something more from the relationship that I could not give, thus the relationship was terminated. We are both still on amicable terms though."

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

"The closest individual to a father I had was my creator, Dr. Wayland Wright. Since he is deceased we have no relationship."

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

"Cold, hardworking, weird, scary smart, and hot are just some of the most common words used to describe me."

16. Is your hero a role model?

"I wish to be one but I do not seem to possess the inspirational heroism and charisma that famous superheroes like the Centurion had."

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

"Not at all. I am not spiritual or religious and do not believe in souls or unexplainable sorcery. What humans call magic is simply science that is not fully understood yet."

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

"Not yet, but I do plan to join one when the chance arrives. My reason is that joining a superhero team will allow me to increase my own effectiveness by working alongside others."

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

"The existence of metahumans and aliens is fascinating to me and learning more about the origins of their abilities and cultures gives me positive feedback."

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

Stay away from powerful magnets, robo-babe. No one knows how the heck they work anyway.

<Archiving Internal Scenario #0100111001110 For Future Assessment>

<End> 

Edited by Cubismo