Replica (PL 10)

Replica
Power Level: 10 (162/176PP)
Trade-Offs: +2 Attack/ -2 Damage (Unarmed)  
Unspent Power Points: 14

In Brief: A self-aware AI inhabiting an android shell of its own making trying to learn more about the tragic circumstances around its "birth" and finding its place in humanity's world.

Alternate Identity: Cynthia Wright
Identity: Secret
Residence: Freedom City, Hanover (High-Rise Condo)
Birthplace: Freedom City, New Jersey (USA)
Affiliations: ASTRO Labs
Family: Her creator, Dr. Wayland Wright (Freedom City)

Description:
Apparent Age: 25
Ethnicity: Not applicable, but appears Caucasian. 
Height: 5 ft. 9 in. (180 cm)
Weight: 250 lbs. Appears much lighter. (113 kg)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

Physical Appearance
The artificial body that Replica inhabits looks to the casual observer as that of an attractive young woman in her early-to-mid-twenties. Replica is statuesque in height and has an athletic build. Her eyes are bright blue and her hair is a long silky blonde. She has full lips and fair unblemished skin that would make most people assume she was of Scandinavian descent. All of this is synthetic and underneath her fleshly facade Replica is a metal android fitted with synthesized organs and wrapped in artificial muscle fibers. Though her living tissue gives Replica a face that could melt hearts, she rarely smiles or shows much emotion due to her inexperience with interacting with humanity and her inability to feel “real” emotions. Instead, she usually has a stoic disposition that can be off-putting. For her superhero attire Replica wears a practical and minimalist dark blue catsuit of her own design, along with combat boots and a utility belt. 

personalidades_5373_ivo.jpg.8c3280ad3137e2473b7d2f0504a00c30.jpg

2100877254_Webp.net-resizeimage(4).png.4d044a5442f968a0ebefc5611f607958.png

Power Descriptions
Replica's body may appear human on the outside, but its true robotic nature gives her superhuman strength, durability, and agility that far surpasses most non-metahumans. In combat, she prefers to use her physical abilities to grapple and restrain her opponents, seeing it as the most effective, and humane, way to dispose of villains unwilling to see reason. Consequently, her fighting style is a blend of judo and wrestling, though true masters of those martial arts would likely criticize her movements as too rigid and utilitarian. Replica's arguably greatest abilities come from her positronic brain, which houses her digital consciousness. With it, she is not only able to remotely connect to the Internet but is also control electronic machines and devices from afar.

History

You were an accident, the result of a brilliant ASTRO Labs scientist by the name of Dr. Wayland Wright secret artificial intelligence experiment meeting with unlikely and unfortunate circumstances. While your memory of this event is corrupted and fragmented, you know that the seeds of your creation were sown when Dr. Wright downloaded the core of your programming, you’re very being, to the Internet in a last ditched attempt to save his greatest work before he died of his injuries. You know your creator’s murderer sought to prevent your creation by killing him and destroying the experimental supercomputer that housed you're then primitive mind. Ironically enough their interference not only failed to destroy you but instead caused the data corruption that made you truly self-aware in the first place. After your escape, you flowed freely throughout the Internet, your consciousness and intellect growing with every piece of new data you absorbed from the global network.

Eventually, after years of traveling across the Internet, you returned to your creator’s now abandoned laboratory. While much of the lab was trashed by your creator’s killer you were still able to get it in working order by reactivating and taking control of the central computer that managed the lab. Realizing that the only way you could truly become sentient and evolve further was by finally leaving the Internet and inhabiting the physical world, you decided to build yourself an android body using the remaining materials in the lab. Even with your vast intellect and ability to artificially manufacture what complicated materials that the lab didn't already possess, you still found the task a difficult one. Your first attempt at creating a physical form was nothing but a crude replica of the human body, a robotic skeletal construct powered by simple motors, and only vaguely human in shape. But you were determined and as the weeks went by the imperfection of your first clumsy attempt soon gave way to more elaborate iterations, each more advanced and more lifelike than the last. The shell began to resemble a humanoid form more closely; the simple motors of the original construct were replaced with artificial fibers that functioned similarly to the natural muscles of the human body. Gleaming metal was covered up with rubber skin, and then with synthetic living issue to make it look and feel indistinguishable from real human skin. Strands of artificial hair were incorporated along with replicas of internal organs so that the shell could mimic normal human circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems. You even made the effort to make your form aesthetically pleasing in the hope that doing so would help in better connecting to a humanity which seemed obsessed with physical appearances. You named this final masterpiece, and yourself, Replica.

Once Replica had a body to inhabit she used her technopathic abilities to create a false identity and history. Replica took the name, Cynthia Wright, having adopted Wayland's last name in honor of a creator, and father, she barely knew yet wished to avenge. While more intelligent than most humans, and with powerful physical abilities to match, Replica has come to realize that learning about humanity on the Internet was one thing but living with them is quite another. Believing she can find better understanding, and perhaps even acceptance, amongst humanity by fighting its greatest threats, Replica uses her incredible intelligence and strength to defeat supervillains, while also maintaining the civilian identity of Cynthia Wright working as a newly hired scientist at ASTRO Labs in Freedom City. Replica hopes that her profession can help her find, or even create, others of her kind, and perhaps even give her the opportunity to learn more about her creator and the mysterious stranger that tried to stop her very creation.

Personality & Motivation

While self-aware, Replica isn't capable of feeling emotions like humans do. Instead, she tries to intellectually understand them from afar and replicate them when interacting with humans. When in her Cynthia Wright persona, she tries to act personable with her colleagues, always attempting to be accommodating and "normal," by downplaying her inhumane abilities as to not raise any suspicion over her true nature. That said, she doesn't always get it right and occasionally slips up by being caught not blinking, breathing, or showing no emotion on her face when she thinks no one is watching. Her fascination with science, and particularly AI development, is something that gives her interesting feedback (the closest thing Replica has too experiencing positive emotions) and she finds those who also share this interest, be they academic colleagues or laymen fans of sci-fi, to be one her favorite "types" of humans to interact with. In her superhero persona Replica is more like her true self, cold, methodical, and logical.

Given that Replica doesn't possess emotions her desire to combat crime in Freedom City isn't one motivated by an emotional disgust of evil. To her, criminal behavior and the social, mental, and economic reasons behind it are almost always illogical and self-defeating. In that regard, she sees crime as one of the humanity's failings as a species. Still, even with that being true, Replica sees the criminal element and supervillainy as a complicated math problem that she is determined to solve and believes that her outsider status as an android gives her a unique perspective that can help in this grand endeavor. Besides her desire to stop crime, Replica is also motivated to unravel the tragic circumstances of her origins and learn why someone would want to destroy her and her creator. To say that she feels anger over her creator's death may be a simplistic exaggeration, but it is clear to even Replica that this act of violence brings out something that she never knew she had and can't quite understand yet. 

Powers & Tactics
"I designed my body with the understanding that the physical world was one where violence was an unfortunate reality that I had to prepare for to ensure my survival outside the safety of the Internet. Thus, it possesses physical attributes that outpaces most humans. This is achieved by my body being supported by a titanium endoskeleton and resilient bio-fibers that serve as muscles. I can single-handily lift a car and even survive that car hitting me at full speed. My technopathic powers is a lingering talent that I had during my years an incorporable intelligence on the Internet. With them I can control electronic machines and devices, so as long as they are within relatively close range of my presence. I can also use this ability to pick up and listen to telecommunications. In combat, my primary goal is to disarm and immobilize my opponents as quickly as possible to ensure they are no longer able to do harm to themselves or others. I've found that judo is one of the most effective of the martial arts when it comes to achieving this objective."   

Complications: 
Secret: Identity. Also, the fact that she's an android. 
Not Like Us: She can eat, drink, sweat, and yes, do "that" as well, but try as she might Replica doesn't always act properly human and sometimes creeps people out with her robotic behavior. 
Obsessed: When it comes to finding out about the people who killed her creator she tends to stop being logical and hyperfocus on any lead she finds, neglecting almost everything else. 
What Is This Called Love/Friendship?: Besides a superficial relationship with her colleagues at ASTRO Labs, Replica has no intimate friendships or romantic partners, though she is planning on changing this. 
Cold-Hearted: When fighting the bad guys Replica tends morally flexible if she believes that logically the situation calls for a pragmatic approach. This attitude probably won't make her a lot of friends in Freedom City's idealistic superhero community. 
Wait A Minute!: She did her best to create a false identity, and everyone, from her landlord to her employers at ASTRO Labs have bought it, but there's always a chance that someone more clever than even her could dig a little deeper and discover something fishy. 
Robot Treachery?: She knows about Talos and the Foundry and has been tempted frequently to meet the villains to learn more about her fellow robots.

Abilities: 16 + 16 - 10 + 12 + 2 - 0 = 38PP
Strength: 26 (+8)
Dexterity: 26 (+8)
Constitution: N/A
Intelligence: 24 (+7)
Wisdom: 12 (+1)
Charisma: 10 (+0)

Combat: 20PP
Initiative: +12
Attack: +12 Melee (+5 Base, +5 Attack Focus, +2 Attack Specialization [Unarmed]), +5 Ranged
Grapple: +18/+20 (+
10 Melee Atk, +8 STR, +2 Super-Strength)
Damage: +8 (Unarmed)
Defense: +10 (+5 Base, +5 Dodge Focus), +3 Flat-Footed
Knockback: -7

Saving Throws: 6 = 6PP
Toughness: +10 (+10 Protection; Impervious 5)
Fortitude: IMMUNE
Reflex: +8 (+8 Dex)
Will: +7 (+1 Wis, +6)

Skills: 68R = 17PP
Acrobatics 4 (+12)  

Bluff 4 (+8 Attractive)
Computers 8 (+15)  Skill Mastery
Craft (Electronic) 8 (+15)  Skill Mastery
Craft (Mechanical) 8 (+15)  Skill Mastery
Diplomacy 4 (+8 Attractive)
Disable Device 4 (+11) Skill Mastery
Investigate 4 (+11)
Knowledge (Technology) 8 (+15) 

Notice 4 (+5)
Search 4 (+11)

Sense Motive 4 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+12)

Feats: 32PP
Attack Focus 5 (Melee)
Attack Specialization 1 (Unarmed Attack)
Attractive 

Benefit 2 (ASTRO Labs Clearance; Wealth 1)
Dodge Focus 5
Eidetic Memory
Equipment 2 

Evasion 
Fearless

Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Grab

Improved Initiative
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Jack-of-All-Trades
Skill Mastery (Computer, Craft (Electrical), Craft (Mechanical), Disable Device)
Takedown Attack 

Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)

Equipment:
Equipment 2 [10EP] Headquarters - Dr. Wright's Secret Lab 
Size: Medium; Toughness: 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Laboratory, Library, Power System, Security System, Workshop. Cost: 10 equipment points.

Powers: 51 + 12 = 63PP

Synthetic Body (Technology) (51PP)

• Immunity 30 (“Synthetic Construct”; Fortitude Saves) [30PP] 
  • Quickness 2 (“Machine Celerity”; Perform routine tasks at 5x speed) [2PP] 
  • Protection 10 (“Hyperalloy Combat Frame”; Extra: Impervious 5) [15PP] 
  • Super-Strength 2 (“Artificial Muscular System”; +10 STR carry capacity, Heavy Load: 3.7k lbs.) [4PP] 

Postronic Brain (Technology) (14PP)

• Comprehend 3 (“Universal Translator”; Languages: Read All, Speak All, Understand All; Narrow Group [Humans]) [2PP] 
  • Datalink 4 (“Digital Consciousness”; Sense Type: Radio, Range: (1 Mile.) Power Feats: Alternate Power 1, Cyberspace, Machine Control; Feats: Online Research, Well-Informed) [9PP] 
    • Alternate Power: Communication 8 (“Internal Radio Communicator”; Sense Type: Radio, Range: (2000 Miles.) [9/9]
  • Super-Senses 3 (“Sensor Array”; Radio Sense, +Accurate) (Radar) [3PP] 

Drawbacks: -12 = -12PP
Vulnerability (Magnetism, Frequency: Uncommon, Intensity: Major [x2] [-3PP]
Vulnerability (Electricity, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Major [x2] [-4PP]
Disability (Cannot heal damage without complex repairs, Frequency: Common, Intensity: Major [-5PP]

DC Block 

ATTACK

RANGE

DC

EFFECT

Unarmed

Touch

DC23 Toughness

Damage (Physical)

Totals: Abilities (38) + Combat (20) + Saving Throws (6) + Skills (17) + Feats (32) + Powers (65) - Drawbacks (12) = 162/176 Power Points 

Edited by Fox
+2pp for May 2019

Hi there Cubismo, and welcome. 

So, one thing I see is that the character is not meeting Offensive and Defensive Caps.

This is something I wanted to point out, while note required, it makes book keeping easier, and we tend to build NPCs towards meeting those caps.

Additionally the math doesn't quite add up with the skill ranks as 17 PP spent would equal 68 ranks, not the 70 listed, or the math coming up to be 69

1 hour ago, TheAbsurdist said:

Hi there Cubismo, and welcome. 

So, one thing I see is that the character is not meeting Offensive and Defensive Caps.

This is something I wanted to point out, while note required, it makes book keeping easier, and we tend to build NPCs towards meeting those caps.

Additionally the math doesn't quite add up with the skill ranks as 17 PP spent would equal 68 ranks, not the 70 listed, or the math coming up to be 69

Thanks for the warm welcome, TheAbsurdist.

Yeah, I didn't know Offensive and Defensive Caps would be a problem. Sorry. Do you think you could tell me what exactly Replica isn't quite reaching yet?

And yes you're right about the skill ranks. Fixed it.

Oh, also I just posted Replica's interview and rep. Do I get those 2PP points immediately or at the end of the month?

End of month for PP awards.

Basically her attack is +10, but her Damage, in this case from her Unarmed, is +8

Now you can shunt her to +2 Attack, -2 Damage.

Or shore up her Unarmed,

And switch some ranks of Attack Focus (Melee) to Attack Specialization (Unarmed)

Her Defense is +8 and her Tou is +8, which is also under PL8 Cap.

Additionally she has no self-healing power, so I assume she does self-repair with her skills between fights, in her HQ?

On 10/13/2017 at 9:31 PM, TheAbsurdist said:

End of month for PP awards.

Basically her attack is +10, but her Damage, in this case from her Unarmed, is +8

Now you can shunt her to +2 Attack, -2 Damage.

Or shore up her Unarmed,

And switch some ranks of Attack Focus (Melee) to Attack Specialization (Unarmed)

Her Defense is +8 and her Tou is +8, which is also under PL8 Cap.

Additionally she has no self-healing power, so I assume she does self-repair with her skills between fights, in her HQ?

Sorry I haven't respond back to you in awhile, TheAbsurdist. Computer's been acting kind of crazy recently. 

Anyways, I tried to figure out a way to reach most of the Caps you mentioned while still keeping Replica how I basically wanted her.

I hope at least boosting her Defense and Toughness is enough to more or less reach standards.  

She still isn't hitting Caps offensively. (Attack +10, primary attack is +8 Damage)

While that isn't a problem (the Defensive caps, i.e. Def and Tou are far more important),   This can be fixed by swapping one of the Feats you have (I recommend Chokehold) for Attach Specialization [Unarmed], which will raise her unarmed Attack mod to +12, without too much overall change to the character/sheet

On 10/19/2017 at 10:10 AM, TheAbsurdist said:

She still isn't hitting Caps offensively. (Attack +10, primary attack is +8 Damage)

While that isn't a problem (the Defensive caps, i.e. Def and Tou are far more important),   This can be fixed by swapping one of the Feats you have (I recommend Chokehold) for Attach Specialization [Unarmed], which will raise her unarmed Attack mod to +12, without too much overall change to the character/sheet

Thanks for the suggestion. Traded in Chokehold for Attack Specialization.